Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
6,596 signups
Equipment Type: Clubs
Vendor: TaylorMade

TMPseriesTW.jpg

TaylorMade has introduced three new products designed to elevate your golf game: the P·770 Irons, P·7CB Irons, and the Hi-Toe 4 Wedge. We’re looking for six golfers—two for each product—to test, review, and keep these clubs. This is your chance to see if TaylorMade’s claims hold up when these clubs are put to the test by real golfers like you!

hitoeTW.jpg

What you’ll be testing

TaylorMade P·770 Irons: These irons are crafted for golfers who desire a blend of distance and forgiveness within a compact design. The hollow body construction with SpeedFoam Air aims to combine power with precision, while also providing a soft feel on impact. They’re said to be perfect for those who want to shape their shots without compromising on distance.

TaylorMade P·7CB Irons: Aimed at golfers who value precision, these cavity-back irons blend a traditional look with modern engineering. They are built to deliver high levels of control and feedback, allowing for a variety of shot shapes. This should make them a top choice for those who prioritize accuracy and feel.

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 4 Wedge: This wedge is designed for versatility in short-game scenarios. Featuring full-face grooves and a high-toe design, it’s engineered to enhance spin and control, especially when executing open-faced shots. It’s intended to perform well in a range of conditions and lies, making it a go-to option for short-game enthusiasts.

The testing opportunity

We’re looking for six golfers to thoroughly test these clubs, focusing on their performance, fitting experience, and durability over time. Whether it’s on-course feedback or data from a launch monitor, we want detailed insights that will help the MyGolfSpy community understand how these clubs truly perform.

4.jpg

Open to all registered forum members worldwide.

Registration ends Aug. 29.

Selected testers will be announced on the Forum on Sept. 3.

Testers must be willing to be fit for their selected product.

3.jpg

380 Comments

Good luck all! Those P-770 irons sound amazing, and those wedges are by far the best looking TM they have produced so far!!

I currently use the Srixon ZX5 MKII’s (tried the prior version 770).  I feel like I could game a slightly more players profile.  I would love to try the CB’s.  

These are some amazing clubs. Having had the p790's before I can only imagine how great these will be. Gold luck everyone. 😙

Amazing opportunity!  Good luck to everyone who enters.  These are some good looking irons.  Been quite a while since I've owned TM irons or wedges.  

The quite big bonus for the tester is the custom fitting!   Having been “fit” for irons, then going through a swing change…it’d be fantastic to have this opportunity to make sure I’ve got the right set up with a club head that’s right for my game. 

My bag is all taylormade from putter to driver. I’ve been in the market for new irons for a while now and I’ve always wanted to hack away at some 770s!

Good timing on this as I am in the process of deciding on new irons and wedges. This would certainly make the decision easier. 

This should be great. Those P 7CB's look very similar to my old TM RAC OS clubs that I always thought were pretty good (replaced 'em with Calloway Apex Forged which have a better feel but those RAC's were a good club).

Best of luck everyone!

Jim 

Wow what an opportunity! Been planning to finally replace my 10+ year old Mizuno MP64s at the end of this year so this change would be very timely.

seeing as I am looking to upgrade to player's irons and i do enjoy my taylormade set, this is pretty cool. I wonder how far iron tech can really go in just a few years, marketing sounds like they're spaceships

On 8/23/2024 at 11:29 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

First - for all those new here read this: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/61746-mygolfspy-forum-how-to-be-a-tester-guide/ ... seriously! We want to pick you, but you need to read this to get all the ins and outs and it will guarantee you a selection at some point! So in case you skipped by the first link here it is again. 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/61746-mygolfspy-forum-how-to-be-a-tester-guide/

Okay second, I may have not even told the staff about this one. Wanted it to be a surprise for them as well. So @GolfSpy AFG @Golfspy_CG2 @GolfSpy BOS @GolfSpy_BEN @GolfSpy_BNG @GolfSpy_KFT @GolfSpy SAM @GolfSpy_SHARK SURPRISE!!! 

Thanks, I made some updates e.g. I had an emoji as a photo, changed to a real photo etc. 

I've been playing Wilson Staff Ci7 irons for 15+ years.  They aren't, I'm sure, the most pure irons out there, but I'm continually shocked by how much better center strikes with those feel vs. many newer irons.  The P-7CBs would be an awesome head-to-head test.  True cavity back vs true cavity back.  Let's see what 15 years of improvements look like!

I have had the P7CBs in my cart 4 times over the last few weeks. I am obsessed with these irons and would love to win and test a set. Thank you for another great opportunity 

Love the look of these. Need some new wedges badly; currently using some of Goodwills finest clubs lol 

This Test is now closed to further comments.