Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
6,596 signups
Equipment Type: Clubs
Vendor: TaylorMade

TMPseriesTW.jpg

TaylorMade has introduced three new products designed to elevate your golf game: the P·770 Irons, P·7CB Irons, and the Hi-Toe 4 Wedge. We’re looking for six golfers—two for each product—to test, review, and keep these clubs. This is your chance to see if TaylorMade’s claims hold up when these clubs are put to the test by real golfers like you!

hitoeTW.jpg

What you’ll be testing

TaylorMade P·770 Irons: These irons are crafted for golfers who desire a blend of distance and forgiveness within a compact design. The hollow body construction with SpeedFoam Air aims to combine power with precision, while also providing a soft feel on impact. They’re said to be perfect for those who want to shape their shots without compromising on distance.

TaylorMade P·7CB Irons: Aimed at golfers who value precision, these cavity-back irons blend a traditional look with modern engineering. They are built to deliver high levels of control and feedback, allowing for a variety of shot shapes. This should make them a top choice for those who prioritize accuracy and feel.

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 4 Wedge: This wedge is designed for versatility in short-game scenarios. Featuring full-face grooves and a high-toe design, it’s engineered to enhance spin and control, especially when executing open-faced shots. It’s intended to perform well in a range of conditions and lies, making it a go-to option for short-game enthusiasts.

The testing opportunity

We’re looking for six golfers to thoroughly test these clubs, focusing on their performance, fitting experience, and durability over time. Whether it’s on-course feedback or data from a launch monitor, we want detailed insights that will help the MyGolfSpy community understand how these clubs truly perform.

4.jpg

Open to all registered forum members worldwide.

Registration ends Aug. 29.

Selected testers will be announced on the Forum on Sept. 3.

Testers must be willing to be fit for their selected product.

3.jpg

380 Comments

This would be epic as my irons are so old and I’ve always been a huge TaylorMade fan for ages. Fingers crossed 🤞🍀🏌🏼‍♂️❤️

I’ve been drooling over these irons since the u released them! Would be amazing to get to test them for the forum. 

I have been playing off brand wedges for many years. But, they work very well for me and I do like them.  A new set of wedges would be a welcome change and probably improve my short game, which I am pleased with. The TaylorMade Hi-Toe sound like something I could work with.

Another tremendous opportunity!  I really think the wedges are the star.  Was originally intrigued by the Callaway PM grind, and then the Cleveland CBX full face, have owned both; but the TM Hi Toe in the bronze are just stunning!  Hopefully their green-side deep rough performance is just as good!

Another great Testing opportunity for us Spy's! My first iron set was a set of Taylormade burner plus and some of my buddies are playing p770s and they are fantastic!

I am psyched to test these wedges, as I demo'd a high toe two years ago and holed a bunker shot with it.  Not sure why I didn't buy it.  Currently my wedge set is motley with a couple of Vokey SMS-9's and an old Cleveland 60/8 that seems to work well... but I have a nagging suspicion that I could get more consistency with a set of wedges that are all the same. 

Well… that’s one prayer answered. Thank you @GolfSpy_APH, Taylormade Golf and Matt Bovee, for bringing this amazing opportunity to the forum community.

It’s rare for me to drool over new releases, but the P-7 series immediately garnered my attention. IMO, compact 1025 forged head with tungsten toe plug(s) is the special sauce that makes my Adams CMB so special. The P-7CB has that “All Time Best” contender vibe going on with a very similar feature list. Across the board, testers are going to have a blast with this review.

2 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

Well… that’s one prayer answered. Thank you @GolfSpy_APH, Taylormade Golf and Matt Bovee, for bringing this amazing opportunity to the forum community.

It’s rare for me to drool over new releases, but the P-7 series immediately garnered my attention. IMO, compact 1025 forged head with tungsten toe plug(s) is the special sauce that makes my Adams CMB so special. The P-7CB has that “All Time Best” contender vibe going on with a very similar feature list. Across the board, testers are going to have a blast with this review.

Btw Mizuno call and pitch happens in October... Fingers crossed I can close the deal.

Good luck all interested to see how the 770 stacks up to the 790 as I almost went with the p790 instead of the t350 I went with but it will be a couple more years of improvement before I can do an iron like this justice.  So I am just going to be an interested observer especially with the wedges though as I had some previously that I liked

The look standing over these irons is 🔥

I've done two fittings recently and keep oscillating between these and the P790s.  Wonder if a mixed set would be the way to go.  Would love to get lucky and be a tester for these!

13 hours ago, Indy_Oz said:

🤯🔥🔥 wow, what an opportunity! 
I’ve hit these irons and both the P770 and CB feel and look fantastic. Combo set would be epic. 
I’ll definitely be keeping a close eye on this test if not selected!

Edit: since trying these irons I’ve been wondering if (hoping) there would be an MGS test to see some good honest amateur golfer experience. My 2019 P790s have too many 'hot shots' that go big and I'd love to confirm (or refute) the claims that the P770 has been engineered to remove that- I need consistent distances. I'd love to get these on course and the sim and compare numbers across a whole set rather than just the 7-iron.

I'm retired and always ready to test golf equipment.  While I play Callaway Rogue irons I've always preferred TaylorMade woods. I'd love to test the TaylorMade irons and wedges e.g. compare them to the ole Callaways. Best O luck to everyone on the selection process. 

11 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

The Mods deserve extra kudos for these awesome testing opportunities.  Can’t wait to see who will be the testers. Good luck!

This one's 100% Jamie, btw 😄 I almost got us some cool socks. True story. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.