Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,084 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Takomo

Takomo Golf is a Finland based Direct To Consumer Golf Club manufacturer who produces a wide range of irons for golfers of all levels.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 22.27.59.png

The Scandinavian Mindset
Originating from the country of timeless design Takomo brings the Scandinavian mindset to golf – quality, and durability without compromising on style, for everyone. Takomo’s way of operating seeks to combine functionality and accessibility. Uniting this mindset with clean design has its roots deep in the Scandinavian way of thinking.

Streamlined and ageless design is at the heart of everything we do. We create a design that boosts your confidence and elegance that’s easy on your eyes. Our products combine the perfect balance of beauty and performance, to deliver the timeless experience for every golfer.

We are super excited to have them as part of our Member Testing Platform for the first time this year! For this test we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test their range of irons. 

Takomo 101t - 2 Testers
Takomo 301 CB - 1 Tester
Takomo 301 MB - 1 Tester

This Test is open to Forum Members worldwide, however Right Hand Only!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

304 Comments

These 101T blades look sleek. Looking for some help now that I 50  

Worldwide - Bogota, Colombia

RH only - graphite stiff if possible 

ALE

Would love to try these out as they are on my radar for new irons. I have never liked the feel of my AP1s. I am currently looking at these vs Mizunos.  Its unfortunate that you cannot get a club from Takomo or be able to try them out. I think they should have a tryout program where you could pay a small fee to try maybe there 8 iron for a week or so.

Would love to test 101t. 

i actually ordered them back in March but 2 weeks ago got cold feet and cancelled my order, the week it was supposed to ship. In that timeframe i had too much time thinking of my fitting trying out the p770’s (which they told me to try as an comparable option) and didnt like the feel or hollow body. Awaiting my i230’s but would love to see if i made a mistake or not and give feedback. 

I’ve always been intrigued by this company. I’m in for the CB!! Love the looks and I’m curious to see how forgiving they are!! Thank you for the opportunity! Be a big jump from the Nike Covert 2.0 I have 😊

Giving this a shot because the 101ts are dead on for me.

I'm the prototypical players distance iron guy. 6' 4", decent speed, but definitely need the forgiveness as I'm always working on consistency as a 13-14 handicap who struggles to hit driver and needs that extra oomph a bit on approach as I set myself back a bit playing a lot of 4 hybrid off the tee when driver isn't working.

I've been gaming 718 Ap3s for four seasons now so the 101ts couldn't be more of a perfect fit for what I play and what I'm used to. Absolutely love the Takomo approach and the aesthetics of the clubs, also very interesting to watch how they've been going after social media influencers with deals like EAL and Golf Sidekick, I think it's a smart strategy for them.

I'm very excited to see how these test and feel, especially if I'm the one testing them ha.

Thanks guys!

These look awesome! I've been looking for something new to replace my old Taylormade R9s and I'm really intrigued by the 101t!

Ever since Bubbie and Steve from Good Good signed with Takomo before their Callaway deals, I've been interested in how well these stand up against the bigger names.

***Important note***

Despite what the main MGS Instagram Account says you do NOT have to tag anyone to be considered for testing. 

It is not a requirement for becoming a tester and as forum staff we look at forum activity amongst our other requirements. Please read the READ MORE HERE link at the bottom of the test. 

While we would love for all to follow MGS on the social platforms (especially our forum accounts) whether you do or not it has no part of being selected for testing.

Thanks all! 

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

***Important note***

Despite what the main MGS Instagram Account says you do NOT have to tag anyone to be considered for testing. 

It is not a requirement for becoming a tester and as forum staff we look at forum activity amongst our other requirements. Please read the READ MORE HERE link at the bottom of the test. 

While we would love for all to follow MGS on the social platforms (especially our forum accounts) whether you do or not it has no part of being selected for testing.

Thanks all! 

Being a new member I really appreciate the level of transparency provided throughout the forum/testing selection and final review articles posted for readers.

1 minute ago, Matt711 said:

Being a new member I really appreciate the level of transparency provided throughout the forum/testing selection and final review articles posted for readers.

We truly love getting new members involved in testing and want to spread the joys and work of testing around to as many as possible. 

With that there is no reason to hide or make it difficult to find out how we select our testers or what new members need to do in order to be considered.

Always happy to help and answer questions!

On 4/26/2023 at 10:53 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

For me this particular test is pretty special. 

Takomo has been so good to work with on this and they are really excited for their first test on our platform. With some crazy good irons and prices that are hard to beat they have done an excellent job in the DTC market. 

Everyone please welcome Takomo and get your registrations in!

Kind of crazy that this particular test has come up. I feel like my entire YouTube feed as of late has been all about Takomo. I would love to test these! Their website has been bookmarked on my end and honestly been debating bout pulling the trigger on them haha.

12 minutes ago, Matt711 said:

Glad to have you here, @Matt711! This forum is full of great people and awesome conversation. I have no doubt you're going to have a great time on here and all I can say is involvement on the forum will lead to testing opportunities. Make sure to check out the Good Morning Thread, it's one of my favorites! Another great spot to start is posting your WITB. Look forward to seeing you on here!

What a beautiful-looking set of sticks. Traditional vibes with technology blended into them. Would love to get a set to test out as I am in the market for a new set and away from my PXG 0311s. 

This is a very interesting test, there are many rumours that these are not as great as they claim to be. Super excited to see the test results!

Can honestly say that I have not heard of Takomo prior to this testing announcement.  Their irons look like a thing of beauty.  But I'm baffled by their price tag.  I get that they are DTC, but roughly $85 per club, am I seeing that right.  That's over half the price of other irons recently up for testing.  The proof will be in the pudding.  How do they perform?!

I can honestly say, that I have not heard of Takomo prior to this! With that being said, these look fantastic! Would absolutely love to test the CBs. But if not, I will follow this testing! The price point these irons are set at, is a complete game changer! Looking forward to seeing how they feel, compared to others. I’m currently playing Srixon 785s, which I was fitted for back in 19. I typically play what fits me. Previously played a set of Hogan Apex Edge Pros, for about 13-14yrs. But with the looks of these irons, I could maybe be pursued!

On 4/27/2023 at 5:04 AM, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Awesome, I just started playing the 301 combo set, and these irons are great.

They are gorgeous and perform really well.

I highly suggest that you guys apply, and best of luck to all who apply.

IMG_0835.jpeg

IMG_0808.jpeg

IMG_0850.jpeg

IMG_0849.jpeg

IMG_0852.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

IMG_0853.jpeg

This must be the 4th time ive looked at these pictures and I am just noticing the pre-worn leading edge on them. How has that been working out for you so far for the turf interaction? To me it looks very similar to the leading edge of the Miura MC502.

This Test is now closed to further comments.