Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,231 signups
Equipment Type: Rain Gear
Vendor: Galway Bay

image.png

Who is ready to play in some wet weather conditions to tell us more about Galway Bay Rain Gear?

WHY GALWAY BAY?
- Tailored for performance
- Galway Bay Hydro-Flex 32
- Attention to detail
- When we say waterproof, we mean it.
image.png

image.png   image.png

From the MGS Most Wanted Testing: Best runner-up rain suit under $500 goes to Galway Bay. A veteran in the Rain Gear Test, the All Weather suit performs well once again. It has some small tweaks in its design but the performance was never compromised. The water runs off with ease but the suit remains breathable in warmer conditions. Throw in customizable pant lengths and you have a top performer in 2021.

We are looking for 5 MyGolfSpy Forum Members to try, test and review a complement of Galway Bay Rain Gear.

This test is open to our membership worldwide!

Fair weather golfers need not apply!

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

162 Comments

I would totally be in for this. Rain does not stop me from playing. And there is so many rainy days here in Florida. It rains so much here you just assume you're going to get wet at some point in the round. 

Also, my previous rain jacket just got holes in it so I've been looking for a new set to play in on rainy days. 

I actually like playing in a slight drizzle, but that's not normally what we get here in south Florida.  Normally it's every afternoon a deluge of 30 - 45 minutes and then hot as can be.  A comfortable breathable flexible rain suit would be welcomed.

I have played in and gotten caught in rain many times and my current rain gear leaks and is a little restrictive. Would love to test the great with the best reputation!

The Galway Bay rain gear is topnotch.  I had a set a few years back and it is wonderful.  Somehow, somewhere, I lost it.  UHHHHH!!!!

Key factors to evaluate:

1) Breathability - I’ve got a GoreTex rainsuit by SunIce that allows no water in… but no air or humidity out.  Can’t wear it except in the winter as I’ll end up just as wet anyway. 

2) Bag Carry factor - I’ve had rainsuits and been dry, but throw that shoulder strap on and your back is going to be wet - not sure if that’s related to #1 above but it happens. 

3) Ease of cleaning or refreshing the water proofing. A good suit doesn’t go in the laundry with your gym clothes if you want it to stay water proof. Everyone has a method of refreshing or prolonging the waterproof nature - some more easily than others.   Do you need to use a special detergent and how easy is that to find?

4) Fit and flexibility with emphasis on being able to turn and raise those arms without restriction (ooops that’s the competition).  Ought to be as easy as wearing your favorite quarter zip or vest.

5) Gloves - have they improved on the FootJoy model which is essentially your hands are soaking wet but the club doesn’t slip? Can they double as cold weather gloves?  Or am I keeping two sets of gloves in my “golf trunk duffle”?

6) Ease of getting on when they skies open up - ie can you pull those trousers on over your golf shoes when it starts raining on the 7th hole without falling down OR needing to sit down for the walkers out there.  I kept my SunIce pants specifically because they zip from the ankle up to the knee - easy on and off - with multiple size buttons to let you determine how baggy or trim you want the legs to be. While I can’t wear the jacket in the summer I have yet to find a better pair of pants.  While I still use a ProQuip jacket, their pants are way to hard to get on without sitting down - they are in a drawer somewhere.

Now  it appears the GB pants are not “pull overs” but wear like regular pants… hmm… not sure what to think about that.  Says on their website good to wear up to 75* .  Does that mean we melt if it’s 80*?  Maybe that’s why this test is in September rather than June…

I purchased my last two “water proofs” while traveling in Europe thinking they’d have it figured out.  Like I said, I’m dry from the elements, but not my own moisture - the one I got in Scotland in the fall was miserable in Iowa in July.  

Good luck to all - but whoever the lucky five are please think about the above. 

I could have used these in a tournament back in March in Monterey Bay. 2 day tournament and rain both days. i think, great rain gear can make a big difference in your score in not so perfect weather. I would be glad to put these to the test!

Very interested in this test. As you know, Florida storms set up quickly and receiving 1-3 inches is not uncommon. One of the most critical components, aside from the actual protection is comfort. And the ability to have the material breathe. I currently have two sets of FJ rain ware that I have used for probably 5 years. 

Sure I'd love to test it. I have a number of different brands of rain gear. Zero Restriction, Galvin Green, FootJoy and SunIce. I live in a city on an island in the north Atlantic. The city is in the top 5 of the rainiest, windiest, foggiest and snowiest cities in The world. I wear goretex or its equalivant about 10 months of the year. I would gladly test a different brand of rain gear to see how it compared to The other brands including movement during the golf swing, how well the rain and wind protection is and to see if the material is durable. 

I would love to test these products out!  I'm going to Bandon next June and it would be great to see the performance differences between these products and the North Face products I currently use.  The North Face products are good for the cold but if it's warm, they don't breathe that well and it's like a sweatbox.

Rains in New England at least once a week(Who said it never rains on the golf course?). I have rain gear in the bag but either too restrictive or makes you sweat. Look forward to the tests on this one. Good luck to all...

I don’t own a ton of rain gear. Plus the usual price tag for it is way too expensive. 
would be nice if a brand had quality like goretex but half the price, or something more reasonable than the $500 price tag. Would hope it would last a lifetime. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve not had any luck with rain gear cuz I get just as wet from sweating in it as I would have from a steady drizzle. Guess it’s cuz I can’t afford the expensive stuff. I look forward to reading abt them tho.

I am interested in testing this rain gear and I am a great candidate. Why, because I live in the emerald rain city. Rain is a given here and I am not a fair weather only. It is not uncommon to have rain pouring down non-stop for the entire round, and the rain is always cold. Wet gloves, grips and raisin looking hands is norm here in the Pacific Northwest. I’d like to see how this gear stands up to our wet and rainy conditions. Thank you. 

Would like to try out the gear.  Weather in southeast Ontario gets a bit cold and wet in late autumn/fall.

This Test is now closed to further comments.