Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
12,389 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: LAB

Testers Wanted: L.A.B. Putters

Rolling a golf ball into a hole shouldn’t be complicated. Yet for golfers around the world, putting is the most challenging part of the game. L.A.B. Golf was created to simplify things. 

image.png

We are looking for 6 MyGolfSpy Forum Members to take part in a longer term L.A.B. Golf Putter Member Test (Roughly 6 weeks)

This test is open to all MyGolfSpy Forum Members

All heads available for this test (DF 2.1, Mezz.1, Mezz.1 Max and Link.1)

International? Good!

RH or LH? Good!

Follow the Lab review here

359 Comments

My son watched the videos on the LAB Golf website and is excited to see the results of the testing.  Teaching him from the Green back and one of these is in my future for purchasing.

Good Luck to everyone that applied! 

You won't believe this but ... I was at my fitter on Saturday and had my Odyssey White Hot OG 7S adjusted based on an updated SAM Labs report.  While I was there he showed me the Garsen grips (I ordered a Quad Tour non-taper) and the L.A.B. DF 2.1 putter.  Imagine my surprise when both Garsen grip and L.A.B. putter tests were announced the very next day.  I had never tried a low torque putter previously and the stability very much intrigued me.  I made a mental note to check out the category when my next putter search begins.

I moved from blade (Ping IsoForce) to mallet (current Odyssey) in my last tech leap.  Based on my putting stroke, lie angle balanced and similar feeling/stable putters are the next innovation on tap.  I have shot scope data from the blade vs mallet switch and will compare to the next gen that ends up in the bag.  Could it be an L.A.B. putter?  Might it be in the next few weeks? 😁

Been interested in testing the Mezz.1 as I've mainly been a blade putter guy. There's been times where I have put the Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 and TaylorMade Spider X in the bag, but I always end up going back to the PING Anser. I wonder if the Mezz.1 would make the cut...   

I hear great things about these and all the couple of youtube golfers that have switched to these have been much improved.

i've got major snakes in the brain putting (42 putts in a recent round and averaging over 36 a round at the moment) and have been looking at these as a solution. only downside is finding a place to test them out.

OK, so I signed up for this and probably will not be picked, but I REALLY HOPE I AM !!!!!

Was just at my local PGA Superstore and saw a few models on the floor.  Have tried them out once before and was impressed, but after today, was absolutely stunned how the off the rack models seemed to perform, and felt fantastic.  Super solid. 

Knowing that LAB custom fits individuals in their own way, would be exceptionally pleased if I am chosen for the test.  Open to any model suggested.

Putting was my weakest link for most of last season, and oh how it would be great to stabilize that part of the game.

Don't care how they look if they perform as well as they did for me just briefly today.

Good luck to all that enter, will be following this one closely.

So I looked was looking at my sim screen earlier today and saw some of the extra EMT piping. My brain turned to Engineering mode and well if I get chosen or well I go down a rabbit hole i may end up building my own REVEALER.

Should just be a little 3D printing, conduit and a ball bearing should be all thats needed.

I know I joked that the Cobra was being announced close to my birthday but there's a solid chance this is announced on my birthday, May 2. Need a little birthday luck, would love to get the Link.1 up against my last two blade gamers, the Ping Anser Scottsdale and the Odyssey White Hot Tour. Really liked them both but couldn't deny the ease of the Directed Force so I ditched my beloved blade putters for it. Love the idea of getting all four putters on the SAM PuttLab or Quintic to really see the L.A.B. technology in action. 

Thanks L.A.B. and MGS for the opportunity and good luck to everyone!

On 4/26/2023 at 10:26 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

15k is a lot! 

Truthfully I'm more excited for what we are announcing tomorrow 😉

On 4/26/2023 at 10:20 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

This will be very interesting test as testers will be required to have these in their bags for a longer time and really go into it.

LAB is also going to work with testers, do the fitting and hopefully most if not all testers will get on SAM Lab or Quintec (misspelled that) for some cold hard data on how it works.

We need more emojis for posts like this!!!!!!

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the LAB putters. I’ve spend so much time practicing and tinkering with putting but just don’t feel like any putter I’ve picked or been fit for is “it”.

Maybe lucky draw in this test run and I’ll get to roll with the Link 1. And who knows it might be “The One”.

best of luck to everyone!

I am a decent but inconsistent putter. I average 33 putts per round. I can’t putt well on one of my favorite corses and I can’t figure out why. I recently bought a new putter an was lights out the first time out. 
I would love to try the LAB Mallet putter primarily because of its use by the pros.

Putting has always been a hit or miss part of my game, been using a blade style putter forever and have been looking at a more mallet style putter. I love their idea of reducing torque on mishits! Hope I get a chance to test one of these putters.

Would love to test the Mezz.1 or Mezz.1 Max. My putting has gone from being the strongest area of my game to being just ok more recently. Been experimenting with different putters but lack the confidence in most of them. Would be great to see whether L.A.B. putters live up to the hype and get my putting back to where it has been for the longest time. 

Beyond the potential performance benefits that these putters offer, what really has me excited about this testing opportunity (and frankly any and every testing opportunity) is the chance to fully immerse oneself in every aspect of this product.

Starting with the research, carrying through the physical testing, and culminating in the quiet contemplation of how the club performs for me against what was expected. The cherry on top is getting to recount all of that in a well written, thorough review that will be shared and discussed within our entire community. That is an awesome amount of responsibility and power. If even one person reads that review and it helps them to decide whether to pursue their own line of inquiry, then the entire journey is worthwhile and immensely satisfying. Good luck to all the applicants!

Great set to test. I have to make a transition from stiff flex steel to regular graphite in my irons and wedges due to a back issue. Been considering Takomo and the Obsidian graphite. Paljon kiitoksia!

I'd be all about this, been reading up on and watching LAB gain momentum for a few years now. Listened to Sam's podcasts on Golf Smarter and was immediately sold on it, once you understand the logic and technology, it's hard to deny. I use a center shafted mallet right now, so it would be a perfect shift to put a LAB up against it.

I think it would be super fun to test these, to me they are UGLY !!! But it would be interesting to see if I could get over the looks and see if the technology in them helps my game!

19 hours ago, pozzit said:

So I looked was looking at my sim screen earlier today and saw some of the extra EMT piping. My brain turned to Engineering mode and well if I get chosen or well I go down a rabbit hole i may end up building my own REVEALER.

Should just be a little 3D printing, conduit and a ball bearing should be all thats needed.

16827098135667910428713717937567.jpg.cbef4054d389281e53efb9146ef508f3.jpg

Slow Friday means productivity? 

Edit: current cost estimate ~$6 ill post in the DIY when I get it actually made and tested.

This Test is now closed to further comments.