Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,233 signups
Equipment Type: Tech
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted: Garmin Approach S70

image.png

It is commonplace now for golfers to have some sort of GPS or Shot tracking system while on the course. There are a lot of options available as well. From apps to enhanced rangefinders to clips and of course watches. 

All have their own unique potential benefits and potential drawbacks, but the Garmin Approach S70 aims to narrow that being a premium GPS Golf Smartwatch which you can use not only on the course, but in your day to day life as well. 

The Garmin Approach S70 has a variety of features including: Bright 1.4-inch amoled touch display, pre-installed with 43,000 golf courses worldwide, optimized playslike distance, an improved virtual caddie including green contour data as well as a variety of health and fitness features. 

Available in two sizes and three different colors there is an option that should suit any golfer. Claiming to have an impressive battery life that lasts up to 14 days in smartwatch mode and up to 15 hours in GPS mode. It also claims to be waterproof for those who like to play in the rain and has a 5 ATM water resistance rating. 

On the surface there is a lot to like about the Garmin Approach S70 as it will seemingly do it all both on and off the course, which is where you come in. MyGolfSpy is looking for 4 golfers who will test, review and keep the Garmin Approach S70. 

MCE-7760_20230329_Support_ROD_1868_RGB.jpg

This testing opportunity is open to golfers in the US & Canada! It also works for both left and right handed golfers!

Interested in testing and telling us what you think about all the features of the Garmin Approach S70? Sign up before it is too late! 

This testing opportunity will close August 2nd and we will announce the selected testers August 8th on the MyGolfSpy Forum.

343 Comments

This is an exciting test! I liked my S62 but my biggest complaint was the screen so the S70 has me interested. I’ve tried multiple Apple Watch apps over the last couple of years but they just aren’t as good as a true golf gps watch in my experience.

Just started wearing a watch while golfing. Interested in having the chance to test this out and make the sacrifice of two leather bands worth it haha 

This is a great opportunity. I tested the Shot Scope Pro LX+ last year and the H4 seemed to perform well but it seems to struggle with certain holes on my home course. I’m curious as how accurate Garmin will be.

I am currently using the Garmin S10 and have been for around 3-4 years. This certainly would be an upgrade.

I am interested in testing the Garmin S70.  I am currently using a Garmin 955 for golf and am interested in the green slope and shots gained features specifically.

I typically don't wear a watch when playing and use a hand held Garmin GPS. Love the GPS but getting a bit old of walking back to the cart/push cart every time I want to see the yardage.  Would love to give this one a try. 

I just bought the Approach Z82(used to rounds)and would love to pair the watch for better results and hole layouts

I have been using the Garmin S10 for years . It has been a great device. Would really like to see how the S70 improves tracking and portraying hazard distances. Looking forward to the results of the testers on this one. 

I would love to review this watch. I currently use a Bushnell ION2. It has worked very well and I find it as accurate as any other device out there. I used Sky Caddie products before, but the batteries they put in their equipment would not last and they would not replace them. I currently play over 75 rounds a year so should be able to give a good review!!

Stephen Wilson

I've used a number of systems  currently a handheld rangefinder that works pretty good, but i've wanted a decent watch gps for the convenience.  I've tried the arrcos on apple and was quite dissapointed really.   What used to be Swing by Swing was pretty good but the apple watch app was really buggy.   Love to give the Garmin a try

My very old Bushnell device lasts three holes. It would be wonderful to have a device which lasts the entire round and not be dependent solely on a range finder. Also, I would welcome the additional information concerning the composition of the greens since putting is the weakest part of my game. 

Since I have a range finder designed in ww2, it would be great to see how the technology evolves over time. Thanks again for the opportunity.

I have used Garmin for many years and now use the GINN app. on the phone. I miss the Garmin when I leave the phone and walk to my next shot with a few clubs in toe or on cart path only days.

Very interested in this. Hopefully I can do some testing but if not I will certainly be following the thread. I have sort of been using a scorecard system of D for ok drive, D-, or D+ and L or R if missed left or right badly enough to call out. Then the wood/iron number F,H,5,6,7,8,9,P,G,S,L and then the same +/- with addition of short/long to the left/right.  It's good to review and keeps me focused but no good trend analysis. Good luck to everyone and hopefully me too!

I currently use Golfshot, and I find it to be a bit squirrelly at times. Would love to try one of these babies to compare it to the Golfshot app I currently use, and not to mention ease of use. Good luck to everyone 👍

I’ve had the G20 and now G62, I love the s62 watch but I hate that sometimes they both have shut down or lock up during a rounds.  I’ve replaced each once under warranty for that.  Hopefully they’ve fixed this issue.  Maybe I’ll get selected, then I can give a true comparison.  Good luck.

Just signed up for this test, currently just use The Grint, and their GPS.  Occasionally track drives, but that's about it.  Definitely curious about other shot tracking systems and the ease of use.

This Test is now closed to further comments.