Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
11,664 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Titleist

Testers Wanted! TItleist T-Series Irons!

image.png

Yes, you read the title correctly. MyGolfSpy needs four golfers to test, review and keep a full set of the new Titleist T-Series Irons. 

While these have been on TItleists Tour Validation period for the last month or so, the official launch to the general public is August 3rd. Now is when we get to find out all the nitty gritty details about what’s under the hood of this series of irons. 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For full details check out this link - https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/titleist-t-series-irons/

This is the third generation of T-Series Irons from Titleist since they moved on from the AP lineup. This generation of T-Seriers introduces two “new” irons to the lineup in the T150 (replacement for the T100S) and the T350. 

Here is a breakdown highlight of the series.

Titleist T100 - The most played iron on the PGA Tour there wasn’t much to change from the previous version. However Titleist worked to improve the feel, create tighter dispersion and updated the variable bounce sole. 

Titleist T150 - One of the “new” models the T150 retains the looks and progression that the T100 made but with a slightly thicker topline and slightly wider sole to create a more forgiving package while retaining improved ball speeds by an updated Muscle Channel.

Titleist T200 - A non-clicky backplate! However in all seriousness the T200 for 2023 is where some big improvements were made. With some updates to the topline and finish the T200 retains the same size as the previous version with what will likely be a more appealing look. Titleist have moved the speed boosting Max Impact Core closer to the heel and face of the golf club to improve sound and forgiveness. 

Titleist T350 - The replacement for the T300, the T350 comes in a package that matches the rest of the T-Series much better. It is a larger, more forgiving iron than the T200 and for Titleist is their Ultimate Game Improvement Iron. 

Also included for two of the selected testers will be a Titleist T200 Driving Iron or a Titleist U505 Driving Iron.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This testing opportunity is open to US residents only and for left and right handed golfers. 

We will be selecting 1 tester per Iron series so be sure to sign up for the iron series that you think fits you best!

**Want to be considered for the U505 or T200 Utility? Please follow these instructions**

1. Make a post with your dream specs of the Titleist T Series.

2. Share a screenshot or photo of your preferred utility and specs from titleist.com. 

3. Must "Follow" this thread - Follow button is top right above sign up or when making a response select follow topic. 

These can be combined in 1 post or made separately.

Learn more about how to be selected here: READ MORE HERE

Follow examples here
Screenshot 2023-08-03 10.51.06.png Screenshot 2023-08-03 10.49.51.png

655 Comments

Super cool opportunity! I’d love to try the T-150. I’ve watched a few videos and they look incredible. I wonder how they feel. I’ve been intrigued to try a utility iron. I’m currently playing an old hybrid, but it tends to balloon up in the wind. I’ve wondered if a utility iron might cut through the wind a little more. 

F009CCCC-2BC0-443F-A68B-EEC0D9D7376A.png

CFB3DAE7-5EA8-464A-9382-3CCAAC68333B.png

Inbox blown up over weekend - almost 9400 signed up for this test… sure am thinking the mods have a whole lot of sorting to do to get down to 4.  Makes me wonder what the all time sign up total is and will this test break that record….

I currently play the AP1s for 6i-4i with AMT Red shafts... they've definitely improved my game!  I'm most likely interested in T200s (but also the 150 look create too).  I'd likely stay with the same steel shafts.  I'm interested in the U 505 as well.  This would be an awesome opportunity!

Screen Shot 2023-08-06 at 8.56.00 PM.png

24 minutes ago, Willie T said:

Inbox blown up over weekend - almost 9400 signed up for this test… sure am thinking the mods have a whole lot of sorting to do to get down to 4.  Makes me wonder what the all time sign up total is and will this test break that record….

The last Titleist test in 2021 got 15,449. I gotta think that would be the current record holder. This year the LAB putters got over 12000, so this Titleist test is on its way to joining some lofty company.

5 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

The last Titleist test in 2021 got 15,449. I gotta think that would be the current record holder. This year the LAB putters got over 12000, so this Titleist test is on its way to joining some lofty company.

Thanks for the numbers - will be keeping an eye out to see where they wind up! 

37 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

You are correct on the 2023 test being the most. We had a different snd slightly process for signing up then, so it may not quite get to that one.  But it’s not done yet. 

From what I’ve been reading about the Titleist fitting process, there is an emphasis placed on keeping 5 mph ball speed separation between clubs e.g. PW 100mph, 9i 105mph, etc.

That got me curious about my current gamers, so I hit some balls into the net and used the MLM to keep track of the results. Turns out maintaining a 5mph increase over the club just below it also maintains a good yardage gap. 
All of this is a long winded way of saying I am curious which blend of irons would allow for the easiest maintenance of the 5 mph separation. 🤔 Perhaps T150 PW-8i, T200 7i-5i, T350 4i 🤔 

New to the Forums, but excited by the prospect of T-Series as I have been playing my M1’s for quite some time and looking for a good replacement as I feel I need something a little less forgiving to take me to the next level.  Hoping for the T-150’s and here is my setup for the Utility.

Also very excited to see the 2023 ball reviews in the coming days.  Want to see how the newer brands like Maxfli and Vice hold up after a few years of manufacturing.

IMG_0114.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

From what I’ve been reading about the Titleist fitting process, there is an emphasis placed on keeping 5 mph ball speed separation between clubs e.g. PW 100mph, 9i 105mph, etc.

That got me curious about my current gamers, so I hit some balls into the net and used the MLM to keep track of the results. Turns out maintaining a 5mph increase over the club just below it also maintains a good yardage gap. 
All of this is a long winded way of saying I am curious which blend of irons would allow for the easiest maintenance of the 5 mph separation. 🤔 Perhaps T150 PW-8i, T200 7i-5i, T350 4i 🤔 

From what I understand/have read, TITLEIST wanted to make it easier to blend sets. 80% (Or so) of tour bag have some type of set blend. Just be careful as the 350 is a lot stronger lofted so gap from 4i to 5i in something else could be a big one. 

48 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

Yep. A 5 mph ball speed difference should yield between 10 to 15 yards difference.  So pretty much an ideal gap.  
As to the best split sets. I don’t have the chart with lofts for each model in front of me, however I have studied it up and down.  And they really did a good job with these lofts.  There is almost any split you csn make between one model and the next in line thst won’t be a good gap.  Some case of may be a 4 or 5 degree gap which is fine.  I think there may have been one case of a 5.5 or 6 degree. Maybe going from a 350 6 iron to 200 7 ?   But it could be addressed with bending either one 1 degree.   Or if a player is playing a 350, he might not really notice that 1 degree difference.  And I’m a 350 player so I’m not knocking anyone.   

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yep. A 5 mph ball speed difference should yield between 10 to 15 yards difference.  So pretty much an ideal gap.  
As to the best split sets. I don’t have the chart with lofts for each model in front of me, however I have studied it up and down.  And they really did a good job with these lofts.  There is almost any split you csn make between one model and the next in line thst won’t be a good gap.  Some case of may be a 4 or 5 degree gap which is fine.  I think there may have been one case of a 5.5 or 6 degree. Maybe going from a 350 6 iron to 200 7 ?   But it could be addressed with bending either one 1 degree.   Or if a player is playing a 350, he might not really notice that 1 degree difference.  And I’m a 350 player so I’m not knocking anyone.   

My heart would like to believe that I’m T100 4-PW. However, age and experience have taught me that I am not. We’ve talked about it in other threads, but I really believe one has to go into this fitting without ego or expectation and let the fitter and the numbers do the talking. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.