Testers Announced: Volvik Golf Balls and Sun Mountain Bags ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
11,664 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Titleist

Testers Wanted! TItleist T-Series Irons!

image.png

Yes, you read the title correctly. MyGolfSpy needs four golfers to test, review and keep a full set of the new Titleist T-Series Irons. 

While these have been on TItleists Tour Validation period for the last month or so, the official launch to the general public is August 3rd. Now is when we get to find out all the nitty gritty details about what’s under the hood of this series of irons. 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For full details check out this link - https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/titleist-t-series-irons/

This is the third generation of T-Series Irons from Titleist since they moved on from the AP lineup. This generation of T-Seriers introduces two “new” irons to the lineup in the T150 (replacement for the T100S) and the T350. 

Here is a breakdown highlight of the series.

Titleist T100 - The most played iron on the PGA Tour there wasn’t much to change from the previous version. However Titleist worked to improve the feel, create tighter dispersion and updated the variable bounce sole. 

Titleist T150 - One of the “new” models the T150 retains the looks and progression that the T100 made but with a slightly thicker topline and slightly wider sole to create a more forgiving package while retaining improved ball speeds by an updated Muscle Channel.

Titleist T200 - A non-clicky backplate! However in all seriousness the T200 for 2023 is where some big improvements were made. With some updates to the topline and finish the T200 retains the same size as the previous version with what will likely be a more appealing look. Titleist have moved the speed boosting Max Impact Core closer to the heel and face of the golf club to improve sound and forgiveness. 

Titleist T350 - The replacement for the T300, the T350 comes in a package that matches the rest of the T-Series much better. It is a larger, more forgiving iron than the T200 and for Titleist is their Ultimate Game Improvement Iron. 

Also included for two of the selected testers will be a Titleist T200 Driving Iron or a Titleist U505 Driving Iron.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This testing opportunity is open to US residents only and for left and right handed golfers. 

We will be selecting 1 tester per Iron series so be sure to sign up for the iron series that you think fits you best!

**Want to be considered for the U505 or T200 Utility? Please follow these instructions**

1. Make a post with your dream specs of the Titleist T Series.

2. Share a screenshot or photo of your preferred utility and specs from titleist.com. 

3. Must "Follow" this thread - Follow button is top right above sign up or when making a response select follow topic. 

These can be combined in 1 post or made separately.

Learn more about how to be selected here: READ MORE HERE

Follow examples here
Screenshot 2023-08-03 10.51.06.png Screenshot 2023-08-03 10.49.51.png

655 Comments

Oh boy oh boy oh boy...this is exciting.  Love the look of these and would be super stoked to try them out!  Would be a set of dream irons for me.  I am fitted for the ones I play now, but have not been 100% happy with them.  Absolutely would love this opportunity!  Thanks MGS and Titleist for this opportunity!!

TitleistT150irons.JPG.d56ae407568cc049d5deff55a381368f.JPGTitleistU505iron.JPG.cb06d9aba6a0a7d8b7a05627da6e3a61.JPG

4 hours ago, mizunoman2017 said:

Disappointed as a Titleist player that this is again limited to US members 😒

It's been explained many times on the site, why some testings are US only.  It is a due to restrictions and difficulty for the OEM to arrange international delivery and shipping of product from the US.  There are a lot of cots and labor time that goes into this, it's a lot to expect form them when they are already providing an upwards of $1600 set of irons.    

4 hours ago, golfinnut said:

This would be fabulous!!  Love to test these vs my current irons.

Depending on if we can get additions like the T200 utility in the place of the #2 & #3 iron.  This would be my DREAM set!! 

Also depending on if we can get other upcharge shafts in the builds

image.png.a1c8972fa6da2584642bd290689ef33c.png

image.png.664c5ace491bb2a7f1b8f7361fe4b1d1.png

Once chosen the testers will have an opporutnity to discuss their exact build and specs recommended from their fitter with our staff and will be advised on what options are on the table. 

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

MGS really hitting the big time now! The industry finally realizing the value this community brings

Actually the industry has realized this for many years now.   I would say with a forum membership close to 80,000 and a following on SM  of close to half a million people, MGS has been Big Time since shortly after it's inception and has a very big presence in the golf industry. 

2 hours ago, ShimmyCocoBop said:

The modern Titleist irons have been associated with better players.  I always associated myself as being a better player, however age is becoming an unavoidable factor that I must constantly consider.

Several companies have designed clubs to help players in my category and I'm hoping the T200 will be so for me.

I would like to see mid-long irons (7-5) that are semi-forgiving and can be easily elevated and short irons (8-P) having a precision/scoring look/performance.

A guy can dream, can't he?

The perception that Titleist clubs are for good players only, is a perception that hasn't really been true since the inception of the AP1 about 8 years ago.   Each year Titleist  are more and more considered by the average player as well as the single digit player.   If you havne't already tried the T350 or T200 you definitely should, the T350 is exactly what you are looking for and they can be blended with the T200 in the lower end of the bag very nicely. 

Reading all the dream sets if fun to see what everyone is thinking and putting together.  

But keep in mind, the set make up you will get to submit to Titleist will be 7 clubs.  What exactly those 7 clubs are will hopefully be decided by a fitting. A fitting is NOT part of this testing, but the hopes/expectations are that the testes will be willing to go to a Titleist fitter and get fit for the makeup that fits them best.   More of this conversation of course will be had once the testers are selected. 

There is no need to go back and change any makeups you have posted those are all just a conversation starting point and to give you an idea of what you might look into.  

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Once chosen the testers will have an opportunity to discuss their exact build and specs recommended from their fitter with our staff and will be advised on what options are on the table. 

Problem I've seen is that most fitters always seem to fit you into the "stock" shafts that they offer.  Maybe it's just me, but every fitting I've been to the fitter has always said one of the stock offered shafts was my best fit ...Never really anything from other upcharge shafts.  There is rarely a wide selection of shafts to choose from at a fitting, unless you go to like a Club Champion or somewhere like that.  There are so many shafts out there, that I find it hard to believe that those 3 - 5 shafts that are offered as "stock" are always the best fit.  Hence why I've always found other shafts a better fit for me After I received all of my clubs.  Glad I know how to build clubs on my own 😁

I played the Titleist AP 2 irons for about 15 years, and loved them.  I switched to PXG about a year ago just to try something new.  But I'd go back to the Titleists in a heartbeat

The fact that MGS is scoring these sorts of reviews and I dont know more people that are on here blows my minds. Keep up the good work by people that get to review, so there is more future opportunities

Typing this in my calm tone... This is an awesome opportunity! Also, window shopping is fun.

T200 4-PW
+0.5 length

KBS Tour - Stiff

Standard Loft/Standard Lie

For the Utility, that U505 looks swell. The hearty look to it just oozes machismo.

image.png.d75cb7d838c4df206dd46ee64b639878.png

image.png.180c00ba99279aae5fdea1c472ffd1b6.png

59 minutes ago, Girldad18 said:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy...this is exciting.  Love the look of these and would be super stoked to try them out!  Would be a set of dream irons for me.  I am fitted for the ones I play now, but have not been 100% happy with them.  Absolutely would love this opportunity!  Thanks MGS and Titleist for this opportunity!!

TitleistT150irons.JPG.d56ae407568cc049d5deff55a381368f.JPGTitleistU505iron.JPG.cb06d9aba6a0a7d8b7a05627da6e3a61.JPG

Do you think you still want to go 2 degrees strong on the T-150s when they are already 2 degrees stronger than the T-100s?

ok I chose the t200 because I no I can benefit from the forgiveness that it offers. I'm a 15 handicap and my weaknesses when it comes to golf is definitely my iron game. I tend to fight the ball up a lot higher than normal and therefore lose distance, then when I actually hit it correctly I fly over the green. The t200's offer the forgiveness I need along with the ball speeds that will get me on on regulation more often and I heard the feel and sound is impeccable. I'm currently gaming PXGs '0311s gen 3s, I feel like they might be comparable but we shall see you.

dream set 

Titleist t200s

ap-4iron

shaft: project x loading zone +. 25"

lofts: standard

lie angle: standard.

also my dream utility iron is down below  I think the graphics design iz shaft is a must bc I flight my shots so high. the u505 is just so ugly to me I wouldn't be happy looking down on that 😂.

Screenshot_20230803-124636.png

Screenshot_20230803-124633.png

53 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Problem I've seen is that most fitters always seem to fit you into the "stock" shafts that they offer.  Maybe it's just me, but every fitting I've been to the fitter has always said one of the stock offered shafts was my best fit ...Never really anything from other upcharge shafts.  There is rarely a wide selection of shafts to choose from at a fitting, unless you go to like a Club Champion or somewhere like that.  There are so many shafts out there, that I find it hard to believe that those 3 - 5 shafts that are offered as "stock" are always the best fit.  Hence why I've always found other shafts a better fit for me After I received all of my clubs.  Glad I know how to build clubs on my own 😁

There are tons of Titleist Fittings being done this fall...icnluding one at Compass Pointe.  Having seen several of these and gone through one myself, I can promise you they have featured, premium an upcharge shafts from all OEM's available.  The Titleist fitters are there to fit you not sell you.  So if they are showing you the shaft that had the best numbers that's their goal.  And I can tell you the people need to get over the thought that the need a $$$ upcharge shaft, or that they are too good for a stock shaft, in general that's a bunch of BS.   Most stock shafts out there now are very good and will fit 95% of the golfers, why do you think they offer them as stock.     Anyway, not to derail the application thread, but if someone is going to receive a $1600 set of irons, then it's in everyone's best interest that they invest in a quality fitting from Titleist. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.