Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf ball review - mg golf tour c4

rvpark

I couldn't find a review of this ball so I'd like to request golfspy do a review of this ball and any other lower priced urethane ball versus the popular premium urethane balls.  It would be a real value-added review as I think there might be very little difference.

Watch this space Rlee - I just played my first round with the MG Golf C4 ball and after a few more sessions will be writing up my experience with it. I know that GolfSpy_Bones has played them previously as well so I'm sure he'll chime in. 

I played them in October.......got a 173 yard Eagle on the #1 Handicap hole during the first round of our two day Fall tournament....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 1 month later...

I'm not good enough yet to tell the differences with similar performing balls so just wanted to get feedback from better players as I'd rather pay $20/dozen for the MG Golf Tour c4.  Does anyone know what the compression is for these balls?

I'm not good enough yet to tell the differences with similar performing balls so just wanted to get feedback from better players as I'd rather pay $20/dozen for the MG Golf Tour c4.  Does anyone know what the compression is for these balls?

Welcome rlee! Glad you joined us.

I received 2 dozen C4 balls a few weeks ago, and last Sat was the first time it was warm enough to play them. The balls come loose in a box (no sleeves). There is no compression indicated on the box. I played a C4, a new ProV1, and a new Callaway Chrome Soft that the golf shop gave me. Last year I usually played Srixon Z-Stars, but used to play ProV1 before that. The C4 and ProV1 feel very similar and results are also similar; off the tee and around the green. I would say that compression is also similar; that is about 90. If you like the ProV1's, you'll like the MG Golf Tour C4, especially for $20/dozen.

BTW, I liked the Chrome Soft too. Much softer. It's the first Callaway ball that I would consider playing.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

FWIW: This chart doesn't list the MG balls and it was last updated 7/14, but it's the most comprehensive golf ball compression chart I know of.

http://www.golfballselector.com/pdf/GBS_CompressionHardness_Test_070914_v11.14.pdf

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

FWIW: This chart doesn't list the MG balls and it was last updated 7/14, but it's the most comprehensive golf ball compression chart I know of.

http://www.golfballselector.com/pdf/GBS_CompressionHardness_Test_070914_v11.14.pdf

This chart only shows the ProV1 up to 2013.  I think the compression dropped to about 90 this year.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived