Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MEMBER REVIEWS - RENEGAR RxF WEDGES!

I wish that these boutique company people  would sell clubheads.  I hate paying first for their shaft and grip, and then for what I actually play.    My irons, my dedicated irons (driving and sand) if I'm bagging them, and my wedges must always have the same model shafts.  Everything but my putter must have the same model wrap-style grip.

I'm not saying that this is of practical importance.   It's just what I do,  and it's expensive. I don't do any of my own work. I don't deal with component brands much, but the local guy who builds them gets plenty of my business anyway.

This website isn't  working on my computer.  It takes forever to type one word.

^^^ Nifty dont know about the computer problems not much of a computer man. I can agree with what you said about custom shafts etc. I am able to do all my club work so I did all my own mods. Generally most companies engineer what they think will work best for their general profile of a paticular club. it also has a lot to do with what supplier can provide the accessories that fit their profile ie; Shafts and grips. To really sell to a "mass market" a company like Renegar has to do that. In their overall business plan they will sell more wedges assembled than they will component heads. I would say less than 5% of all people that play golf are in tune with specfic aspects of equipment as us MGSers are. I am sure they have their marketing plans laid out and this is just the first step of it.

To be fair I think Renegar has hit on these clubs to a broad aspect of golfers. Someone like me that plays strictly on feel will do some mods to get them to our liking. Now if I was not running this test I would not have swing weighted them when I first tried them I would have just added lead tape until it felt right for me and went from there. Like I said in my previous posts I play heavier wedges because I learned the game in the 60s and 70s with those old heavy wedges. As far as stock weight out of the box they were along the lines of any standard off the rack wedges no matter the manufacturer.  And the KBS shafts feel good to me and remember I am used to TT DG wedge shafts or DG sensicore shafts. Overall I think they did a great job. Part of my testing I did compare prices of them to some of the OEM manufacturers at retail in the PGA SS and Golfsmith. Personally I think they are a better built product compaired to most OEM products. I would rank them above most OEM products right up there with the JDM custom component manufacturers. In fact I had done a trade deal a few weeks ago and had gotten some Miura wedges. I ended up selling those Miura wedges after testing the Renegar wedges. They are that good

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 1 month later...

i will add to the Renegar saga so to speak. 3 weeks ago in a money match i had missed a long par 5 with my 3rd shot. Ended up right in the pine straw and we were playing the ball down. I had about 40 yards to an elevated green. My partner was in his freaking pocket had hit 2 in the water. i was like well I have not tried this shot off the pine straw with these wedges. Ended up holing the thing for a birdie with the 60* to win the hole

Today same hole same par 5. Had my 3rd shot about 100 yards out ended up holing it for an Eagle with the 56*.

Like I said before those wedges are the real deal! i have messed around with a lot of wedges over the years being the wedge ho that I am and I can honestly tell you these are among the best I have ever hit

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

That's awesome!!!

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Way to go Stu! I thoroughly enjoyed the Renegar Saga that you posted. Keep it up and enjoy those wedges.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanks Foz After all was said and done I had one slight issue crop up yesterday. I ended up with a lot of glare on a couple of shots because those things are so bright! I ended up with the help of a friend 220 grit sand them and soak in vinegar to take the sheen off. I may e-mail the factory and tell them that it cropped up. I mean they did a beautiful chrome job but it was too bright for me and it may be an issue for others. But that is what R&D and testing is all about.

G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived