Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

Leather Walking Bags with Stands

deejaid

Can any of you guys direct me towards a nice (but not insanely priced) leather golf bag with a stand?

I am really intrigued by the Mackenzie Golf Bags but my max is about half ($500 or so) of what they cost and they don't have a stand.

I love natural leather goods and would love to update my 16 year old Sun Mountain bag with a nice leather walking bag with a stand.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Jones makes a leather stand bag which is real nice. I actually saw one for sale on flea bay the other night. But any real leather bag this day in time will be expensive

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Not to mention leather is a really heavy material compared to modern fabrics - making it a strange choice for a carry bag. 

Weather resistance and treatment also becomes an issue long term, as does the actual physical construction.

If leather is really your goal for a stand bag, then be prepared to pay a premium price for this - which is basically a whim rather than a practical solution.

Thanks for the posts guys. Yeah, I know it's not the most practical thing, but I've come to appreciate quality over quantity. I'd like a bag that I'll keep for the rest of my life and pass it down to my kids.

10 years ago I used to buy and sell irons, drivers and other gear left and right, typical club ho. I also play guitar and there the term is GAS or Gear Acquision Syndrome. I'm done doing that. I found a beat up but sweet sounding and playing Gibson Les Paul and got rid of most everything else. I plan on doing the same with my golf game. I bought a quality set of blades, a nice set of wedges, and splurged on a "New" two year old model driver, a Cleveland Classic Custom XL. It would be nice to have a quality bag to putt them in.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

Not certain on price but these are nice. http://www.eliottgolfbags.com/

Yeah, those look to be exactly what I'm after. Little out of my budget but just might need to hold out for one. They look so nice.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

The classic leather walkers have no spine which puts the weight on the club shafts if you stand them up in a corner somewhere. I know that they have their fans, but they'd have no utility to me.

I have a Belding leather trim bag with canvas body and metal stays as opposed to a big plastic tubular frame, but that's mostly a decoration in my den because its rear access garment pocket is useless on either a cart or a push trolley. Even if one has no need to access the big garment pocket, it still doesn't sit perfectly on a cart or trolley.

Unless you get lucky at an estate sale, any leather bag in the $500 dollar range is unlikely.

I personally have been won over by the nylon material cart bags with full length dividers and all front accessible pockets. Still, There's no debating the classy look of the kind of bag for which the op is looking.

Archived