Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

"WHY GOLF"

September 12, 2016

by, Greg Whitman

www.NolaGolf.com

"To those of you out there that know - this game is elusive, this game is fleeting, this is the greatest game ever played. It may come to you as a child, a father, a co-worker, a friend, or sadly, it may never come to you at all. But if it does and when it does, it changes you. The beginning is a constant and frustrating cycle of bad rounds and even worse shots. But then eventually "it" happens: that perfect shot. The feeling is euphoric, akin to hitting a home-run in baseball but even more surreal. You don't really feel the swing at all, it just melds into one perfect moment. Your eyes follow the ball as it travels distances the length of football fields until it lands on a beautiful and microscopic patch of heavenly green. That moment erases all previous moments - you're addicted. From that point on you are constantly "chasing that elusive dragon" hoping to reel him in closer at each round and with every swing. Us mere mortals are not privileged to have this at our constant disposal; it is the "stuff" of legends, true masters of the game: the professionals. Some are born with the intuition and the natural abilities to harness this quality sooner than others, but most work diligently and incessantly to become masters of the sport. Even the masters have to hold on dearly, because that "magic" can be taken away if it is not properly revered (i.e. Tiger Woods). So why golf? I say its because it teaches you patience, it opens up mental faculties that you never even knew existed, it maintains the core of your body, which permeates throughout the center of your heart and to the world - but for the real golf "junkies" out there, I'm sure that they would agree - Golf because you love that perfect feeling in an imperfect world. Even though we may stumble, all it takes is that one pure moment to bring us back to who we truly are. So golf on."

c75fcf_0e3ec243bb85455685683eae6657bb92~mv2.png

Archived