Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Back to the Bullseye...

bellairemi

Funny writing this as not even a week ago I pledged to stay with my Ping Sigma G Tyne all season.  But yesterday I played the first smooth, relatively quick greens of the season and struggled mightily with my putting, even after 45 minutes of warm up on the putting green.  When I have to be precise with line and speed, I always end up wanting the Bullseye in the bag as I can rely on it intuitively.  Every year I convince myself that I need to take advantage of the new putter technology (heck, even perimeter weighting!) and every year when the greens get going again, the Bullseye reappears.  Hard to compete with 35+ years of playing the same putter I guess.  Could have saved a lot of money along the way.... 

Just now, Shankster said:

I’ve been on the look out for a Scotty Flange Putter.

They are not easy to find at a reasonable price.  I did finally locate one a few years ago but sadly it could not compete with the beat up old plain Bullseye in my bag.  On the plus side, I did sell it for more than I paid!

For those of us who have played the same putter for several decades, replacing it isn't an easy proposition.  I finally bit on a Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 last night.  I have wanted it all spring.  But that SeeMore Brass Blade has been in the bag since 1999.

Not a Bullseye or Bullseye copy but It's still a bittersweet feeling!  Hard to imagine pulling anything else out of my bag on the green.