Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Has anyone tried out the Miura IC 601 irons?  I saw in the Golf.com listings that they are in the Game Improvement category, but they dont look like GI irons and Miura's own description doesn't seem to match up with the typical GI iron description.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

              Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Link to post
Share on other sites
Has anyone tried out the Miura IC 601 irons?  I saw in the Golf.com listings that they are in the Game Improvement category, but they dont look like GI irons and Miura's own description doesn't seem to match up with the typical GI iron description.

Great question! I sure wish I knew, I haven’t seen Miura irons in real-life in a long time!
There are a couple folks on here who, I’m sure, will have an answer for you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are definitely a GI type iron. They have a wider sole and thick topline. Good wife up from Chris in them.

https://mygolfspy.com/first-look-miura-ic-601/

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PMookie said:


Great question! I sure wish I knew, I haven’t seen Miura irons in real-life in a long time!
There are a couple folks on here who, I’m sure, will have an answer for you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In part due to being new to golf and also due to not playing with anyone that can afford the ransom that Miura demands, I've never seen a Miura iron in person.

  • Like 1

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

              Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please be aware that Miura and Golf.com are owned by the same company; 8am golf company.  They got called out when another fitter on the fitter hot list complained that 8am golf co. also owns the #1 fitter True Spec Golf.  Golf.com failed to disclose these relationships.  I have never played Miura, just be aware.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, theebdk said:

Please be aware that Miura and Golf.com are owned by the same company; 8am golf company.  They got called out when another fitter on the fitter hot list complained that 8am golf co. also owns the #1 fitter True Spec Golf.  Golf.com failed to disclose these relationships.  I have never played Miura, just be aware.

What does that have to do with anything? 
 

Miura is one of the most respected people in golf and their business is as well. Miuras irons are beyond good quality irons

 

  • Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, theebdk said:

Please be aware that Miura and Golf.com are owned by the same company; 8am golf company.  They got called out when another fitter on the fitter hot list complained that 8am golf co. also owns the #1 fitter True Spec Golf.  Golf.com failed to disclose these relationships.  I have never played Miura, just be aware.

I am aware of this, however, I thought that 8A.M. Golf only owned the rights to Miura's North American distribution network.  

The lack of clarity by Golf.com is also why I questioned whether or not Miura's IC-601 irons were actually GI irons to begin with.  I'm far from an equipment expert or junkie, but even I had a lot of questions about their iron categorizations after reading their testing results.  And that's without mentioning they shared ZERO data in their article that I read.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

              Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AmishJason said:

I am aware of this, however, I thought that 8A.M. Golf only owned the rights to Miura's North American distribution network.  

The lack of clarity by Golf.com is also why I questioned whether or not Miura's IC-601 irons were actually GI irons to begin with.  I'm far from an equipment expert or junkie, but even I had a lot of questions about their iron categorizations after reading their testing results.  And that's without mentioning they shared ZERO data in their article that I read.

Is golf.com the only article you read on them? There’s 4 articles/reviews that I know of from mgs, club champion, pluggedingolf and golf.com. They all talk about them being GI and the pics make it easy to see they have GI features with large soles, thicker top lines. The golf.com review iirc was done with a robot. Not sure what that will tell anyone other than what a robot programmed to hit center would do and if not compared to any other iron doesn’t provide much useful data

I know golfwrx did a test with these and a few other miura irons that have trackman dataZ

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Is golf.com the only article you read on them? There’s 4 articles/reviews that I know of from mgs, club champion, pluggedingolf and golf.com. They all talk about them being GI and the pics make it easy to see they have GI features with large soles, thicker top lines. The golf.com review iirc was done with a robot. Not sure what that will tell anyone other than what a robot programmed to hit center would do and if not compared to any other iron doesn’t provide much useful data

I know golfwrx did a test with these and a few other miura irons that have trackman dataZ

Yes, that is the only article I have read.  It's actually the first time I had ever heard of them.  I've heard the Miura name a time or two before and I've seen a logo on castings at my non-golf related job that looks a whole lot like the Miura logo, but that's it.  I'm still fairly new to the golf world and I see things from time to time that catch my attention and if I can't figure out something, I come here and ask questions.

  • Like 1

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

              Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AmishJason said:

Yes, that is the only article I have read.  It's actually the first time I had ever heard of them.  I've heard the Miura name a time or two before and I've seen a logo on castings at my non-golf related job that looks a whole lot like the Miura logo, but that's it.  I'm still fairly new to the golf world and I see things from time to time that catch my attention and if I can't figure out something, I come here and ask questions.

Gotcha. Golf is like most consumer goods when it comes to reviews. The more reviews you read/watch the better to piece together. There’s lots of good reviewers/writers out there and others not so much. 
 

MGS has lots of good in depth articles on whatever products or stories they write aboutZ the article on these irons I linked above is a good example 

  • Like 2

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

What does that have to do with anything? 
 

Miura is one of the most respected people in golf and their business is as well. Miuras irons are beyond good quality irons

 

Let me explain a little further.  I picked up the Golf.com magazine and saw the IC 601 irons and since I am searching for new irons they peaked my interest.  But then I started to investigate and looked for articles and reviews on the club and found very few.  I started to question why they were included in the club test 2020, especially since they were launched in 2018.  After all my impression is that unless you are a major advertiser, it is hard to break through in these tests.  Remember, they do not include the data so a bit hard to decipher.  But I also had in the back of my mind that if a smaller company is included, then maybe the product is first rate.  Then I found out about GOLF.com and the ownership of Miura being the same company 8am. 

To dig a little deeper, this iron is the first non forged product from Miura.  Miura apparently had/has a stellar reputation.  Back in 2017, the distribution rights for the US and key international markets were acquired by 8am.  They may only own distribution rights but they have major influence on the products that are produced.  After all 8am likely wants to expand the brand from a company that very few can play to one that offers a broader portfolio.  So they started to offer a product for the the game improvement market, the IC 601.  So let me be clear.  The reputation of the original owners may be stellar but now we have another party involved.  Things can change. 

I wanted to make sure that the original poster was aware of this relationship since he found the club in golf.com.  This iron could be stellar and the only way to check it out is to find an authorized dealer.  I think I will also try this club during my search.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theebdk said:

Let me explain a little further.  I picked up the Golf.com magazine and saw the IC 601 irons and since I am searching for new irons they peaked my interest.  But then I started to investigate and looked for articles and reviews on the club and found very few.  I started to question why they were included in the club test 2020, especially since they were launched in 2018.  After all my impression is that unless you are a major advertiser, it is hard to break through in these tests.  Remember, they do not include the data so a bit hard to decipher.  But I also had in the back of my mind that if a smaller company is included, then maybe the product is first rate.  Then I found out about GOLF.com and the ownership of Miura being the same company 8am. 

To dig a little deeper, this iron is the first non forged product from Miura.  Miura apparently had/has a stellar reputation.  Back in 2017, the distribution rights for the US and key international markets were acquired by 8am.  They may only own distribution rights but they have major influence on the products that are produced.  After all 8am likely wants to expand the brand from a company that very few can play to one that offers a broader portfolio.  So they started to offer a product for the the game improvement market, the IC 601.  So let me be clear.  The reputation of the original owners may be stellar but now we have another party involved.  Things can change. 

I wanted to make sure that the original poster was aware of this relationship since he found the club in golf.com.  This iron could be stellar and the only way to check it out is to find an authorized dealer.  I think I will also try this club during my search.

 

A lot of what you said is why I was asking questions here.  While I'm not in the market for new irons, I am a prolific window shopper.  I got an email from golf.com about their iron test and wanted to see how it stacked up to an iron test by MGS.  Also, I had just listened to the episode of No Putts Given that dealt with the reality of who owns Golf.com and the Miura distribution rights.  To say the least I was disappointed in every way except for the pictures of the clubs that let my brain run wild with window shopping joy.  I searched to see if anyone on the forums had said a word about these irons in particular.  ZERO results came back.  As I said, I asked questions to get answers.  I'll never have the spare money for a set of Miuras and as much of a casual golfer as I am, I will likely never move into the forged iron realm in which Miura dwell.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

              Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theebdk said:

Let me explain a little further.  I picked up the Golf.com magazine and saw the IC 601 irons and since I am searching for new irons they peaked my interest.  But then I started to investigate and looked for articles and reviews on the club and found very few.  I started to question why they were included in the club test 2020, especially since they were launched in 2018.  After all my impression is that unless you are a major advertiser, it is hard to break through in these tests.  Remember, they do not include the data so a bit hard to decipher.  But I also had in the back of my mind that if a smaller company is included, then maybe the product is first rate.  Then I found out about GOLF.com and the ownership of Miura being the same company 8am. 

To dig a little deeper, this iron is the first non forged product from Miura.  Miura apparently had/has a stellar reputation.  Back in 2017, the distribution rights for the US and key international markets were acquired by 8am.  They may only own distribution rights but they have major influence on the products that are produced.  After all 8am likely wants to expand the brand from a company that very few can play to one that offers a broader portfolio.  So they started to offer a product for the the game improvement market, the IC 601.  So let me be clear.  The reputation of the original owners may be stellar but now we have another party involved.  Things can change. 

I wanted to make sure that the original poster was aware of this relationship since he found the club in golf.com.  This iron could be stellar and the only way to check it out is to find an authorized dealer.  I think I will also try this club during my search.

 

Miura still has a great reputation and put out great quality irons. Whether the main company has any influence or not in some decisions the miura family isn’t going to put out anything that has the potential to hurt their reputation. They outsourced the casting of these to another company that produces high quality casting.

I don’t know why they were included in the golf.com testing but would venture to guess since there isn’t a replacement set for them and most who want miura aren’t looking for a cast iron there may not be one.

There are 2 articles in a simple google search not including golf.com or tour spec that have a review/write up on them including the one from Mgs. That if anyone had any concerns about bias from golf.com can read that would help answer those concerns. Wrx did a human test with these and other miura irons for anyone to see that wants to compare.

so telling someone to be cautious based on a dispute between two fitting brands based on 1 source is a bit of an overreaction about a brand with an outstanding reputation. 

  • Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started thinking and I've been following a really low profile Japanese brand on Instagram for a couple years now just because they were putting up pictures of how their irons are made.  The discussion that this thread has turned into made me go back and look. 

A company launch 163 weeks ago for forged MB irons and wedges that has eventually included a couple putters and proto traditional CB irons.  Constant claims that they have honed their craft making clubs for others since 1960 and being family owned to this day.  Best of all?  Their location is Himeji, Japan and they repeatedly claim to be the only foundry/original forging house in the area.  I get the feeling that Kyoei Golf are actually Miura under a different brand name.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

              Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AmishJason said:

I started thinking and I've been following a really low profile Japanese brand on Instagram for a couple years now just because they were putting up pictures of how their irons are made.  The discussion that this thread has turned into made me go back and look. 

A company launch 163 weeks ago for forged MB irons and wedges that has eventually included a couple putters and proto traditional CB irons.  Constant claims that they have honed their craft making clubs for others since 1960 and being family owned to this day.  Best of all?  Their location is Himeji, Japan and they repeatedly claim to be the only foundry/original forging house in the area.  I get the feeling that Kyoei Golf are actually Miura under a different brand name.

Kyoei itself is a forging plant that does forging for various type of products and golf clubs happens to be one of those items. They do the forging for other companies like Vega and iirc KZG as well. As for the Kyoei Golf clubs yes those specific ones are their offering now.

Miura does their own forging. If you have 15 minutes or so search youtube for quest for the perfect club. It’s a good watch on miura

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...