Can we really eliminate one side?

DaveP043

Can you eliminate one side of the golf course by playing a particular shot shape?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Can you eliminate one side of the golf course by playing a particular shot shape?

• Always
    • Usually
    • Occasionally
    • I still miss on both sides, nothing is eliminated

1 hour ago, Middler said:

Too bad I never listen to myself for more than a couple holes.

What is the deal with us golfers? My current "fix" is to add what feels like a Hideki pause at the top, realizing it probably looks like a normal transition. The stupid thing is, I learned that very same lesson last fall with decent success, but somehow forgot it over the winter, only to relearn this spring.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
7W: :callaway-small:Epic Flash 19* TourAD (can't remember the exact model)
4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 23* Recoil 780ES
5-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
54*, 58*: :Sub70: TAIII Black
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Most Recent TestFit For Golf 2.0

The key word in this question was "we" so I'm going to ignore any discussion about guys like Hogan or Sneed - they are not "we" nor is anyone else who plays golf for a living.  Since I don't have any of your games, I can only go with me rather than we - I know what I do and how I tend to miss. 

I will miss on both sides of the target but through course management and design I will miss left of a fairway or green more than right - all things being equal - I generally have enough control over the ball that I will aim further right is there is a penalty of some sort lurking left.  Is it still possible for me to miss right?  Hey I don't do this for a living, it's possible for me to miss behind by doing something incredibly stupid like hitting a ball marker or tree limb and having the ball ricochet.  But generally my right misses will occur when I have to aim there to avoid a big number to the left.

I know from ARCCOS that  I will miss a fairway left about twice as frequently as I will right and I only miss three to four fairways per round.  Again this is by design.  My shots almost always draw, I aim them at a spot where if they go straight they are still in the fairway, they never fade so even if they stay right of my intended line that is still almost always in the fairway.  It's if I over cook the draw that I end up in the rough.  But an over cooked draw still gets out there pretty good so at least I will normally have a shot.

I hope that makes sense -

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

On 6/15/2020 at 4:10 PM, revkev said:

The key word in this question was "we" so I'm going to ignore any discussion about guys like Hogan or Sneed - they are not "we" nor is anyone else who plays golf for a living.  Since I don't have any of your games, I can only go with me rather than we - I know what I do and how I tend to miss. 

I will miss on both sides of the target but through course management and design I will miss left of a fairway or green more than right - all things being equal - I generally have enough control over the ball that I will aim further right is there is a penalty of some sort lurking left.  Is it still possible for me to miss right?  Hey I don't do this for a living, it's possible for me to miss behind by doing something incredibly stupid like hitting a ball marker or tree limb and having the ball ricochet.  But generally my right misses will occur when I have to aim there to avoid a big number to the left.

I know from ARCCOS that  I will miss a fairway left about twice as frequently as I will right and I only miss three to four fairways per round.  Again this is by design.  My shots almost always draw, I aim them at a spot where if they go straight they are still in the fairway, they never fade so even if they stay right of my intended line that is still almost always in the fairway.  It's if I over cook the draw that I end up in the rough.  But an over cooked draw still gets out there pretty good so at least I will normally have a shot.

I hope that makes sense -

What if you aren't missing?  Maybe your pattern is appearing exactly as it should and you have failed to place that dispersion correctly to the golf course?

Archived