Can we really eliminate one side?

Can you eliminate one side of the golf course by playing a particular shot shape?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Can you eliminate one side of the golf course by playing a particular shot shape?

• Always
    • Usually
    • Occasionally
    • I still miss on both sides, nothing is eliminated

1 hour ago, Middler said:

Too bad I never listen to myself for more than a couple holes.

What is the deal with us golfers? My current "fix" is to add what feels like a Hideki pause at the top, realizing it probably looks like a normal transition. The stupid thing is, I learned that very same lesson last fall with decent success, but somehow forgot it over the winter, only to relearn this spring.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

The key word in this question was "we" so I'm going to ignore any discussion about guys like Hogan or Sneed - they are not "we" nor is anyone else who plays golf for a living.  Since I don't have any of your games, I can only go with me rather than we - I know what I do and how I tend to miss. 

I will miss on both sides of the target but through course management and design I will miss left of a fairway or green more than right - all things being equal - I generally have enough control over the ball that I will aim further right is there is a penalty of some sort lurking left.  Is it still possible for me to miss right?  Hey I don't do this for a living, it's possible for me to miss behind by doing something incredibly stupid like hitting a ball marker or tree limb and having the ball ricochet.  But generally my right misses will occur when I have to aim there to avoid a big number to the left.

I know from ARCCOS that  I will miss a fairway left about twice as frequently as I will right and I only miss three to four fairways per round.  Again this is by design.  My shots almost always draw, I aim them at a spot where if they go straight they are still in the fairway, they never fade so even if they stay right of my intended line that is still almost always in the fairway.  It's if I over cook the draw that I end up in the rough.  But an over cooked draw still gets out there pretty good so at least I will normally have a shot.

I hope that makes sense -

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 6/15/2020 at 4:10 PM, revkev said:

The key word in this question was "we" so I'm going to ignore any discussion about guys like Hogan or Sneed - they are not "we" nor is anyone else who plays golf for a living.  Since I don't have any of your games, I can only go with me rather than we - I know what I do and how I tend to miss. 

I will miss on both sides of the target but through course management and design I will miss left of a fairway or green more than right - all things being equal - I generally have enough control over the ball that I will aim further right is there is a penalty of some sort lurking left.  Is it still possible for me to miss right?  Hey I don't do this for a living, it's possible for me to miss behind by doing something incredibly stupid like hitting a ball marker or tree limb and having the ball ricochet.  But generally my right misses will occur when I have to aim there to avoid a big number to the left.

I know from ARCCOS that  I will miss a fairway left about twice as frequently as I will right and I only miss three to four fairways per round.  Again this is by design.  My shots almost always draw, I aim them at a spot where if they go straight they are still in the fairway, they never fade so even if they stay right of my intended line that is still almost always in the fairway.  It's if I over cook the draw that I end up in the rough.  But an over cooked draw still gets out there pretty good so at least I will normally have a shot.

I hope that makes sense -

What if you aren't missing?  Maybe your pattern is appearing exactly as it should and you have failed to place that dispersion correctly to the golf course?