2020 MGS Fantasy Football

Our Sponsors

So ticket has been submitted for the Standings update. I do think @poprocksncoke has the teams right, but I do think some of the matchups may be incorrect due to total points issues which is why I hope to hear back soon from MFL with the update so we can set the brakets.

Friendly reminder as to the playoff structure, which is linked at the top of the page but I've dropped here and with further explanation.

Week 14

Top two teams in each division get bye to the divisional final, the third seed plays the sixth, and the fourth plays the fifth. We lose 8 teams.

Week 15

Round robin playoff scramble where each team plays the other teams. The team that goes 3-0 wins the division. In case of a tie, highly unlikely as it is, I think we're defaulting to seeding... maybe, I don't recall but likely won't need it

Week 16

Superb Owl week, all divisional champs play each other round robin. The team that goes 3-0 earns the Golden Ticket and bragging rights until 2021 Football season!

• Like 3

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe (awaiting a SIK Flo-C)

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While we’re all here reflecting back on the season, I definitely have some big props to offer for @Shankster. He took over a team for someone that quit after 2 rounds of the draft, set his lineup ever

Update for folks wondering. @GolfSpy STUDque has gone through and selected the divisions, we are currently putting them together on the back end and making last minute tuneups to scoring (aka adding t

OK guys. It's official. The platform we'll be using this year is.........myfantasyleague.com or MFL for short. In addition to a desktop version, they have an app in both app stores. Why the chang

Posted Images

Also, found a really nifty feature to help us quantify what we all may have done wrong or right this season, it's a Busts and Steals (beta feature) under the draft tab. You can access the draft tab here

If you click on the Busts and Steals it'll show you where players were drafted, their total points and their seasonal ranking, then they use that ranking in determining by balancing it against where they were drafted. Let's use McCaffery for example, he was drafted first in every league, but total points put him 171st, so his ranking is -170, which makes him a massive bust, the third largest in the first round behind Saquon. Just an interesting tool to see where guys performed against their draft position.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Standings have been updated, because apparently we stopped asking for updates after week 12... so, oops. The standings are currently correct and the matchups are set.

BUCKY DIVISION

BYES: @Apolloshowland @Bucky CC

@poprocksncoke v. @mudfish

@golferKen v. @daviddvm

SHOOTER DIVISION

BYES: @ChiefMikeOfficer and @Undershooter

@russtopherb v. @ZJBogey2

@GolfSpy Stroker v. @DJ Mico

BERG DIVISION

BYES: @PAgolfer2017 and @Collins923

@Berg Ryman v. @revkev

@Rwagn4 v. @goaliewales14

STUD DIVISION

BYES: @Steve2100 and @Manimal26

@walnutz03 v. @KurtActual

@B.Boston v. @GolfSpy MPR

I hereby claim, for fantasy football purposes, the playoffs (which was fraudulently stolen),the championship, and the golden ticket, each ONE of which was won with a BIG lead. Lawsuits will be forthcoming to protect all MGS members and make sure all their points count!

😜

• Haha 2

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:ping-small:  Eye 2 Persimmon 3 Wood

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

On 12/8/2020 at 3:18 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

Sigh.  Started out the season strong, then...not so much.  

Best of luck to the playoff contenders.  When does fantasy golf start?  😆

On 12/8/2020 at 3:18 PM, xOldBenKenobiX said:

At 9 and 15 I don't think I am making the playoffs, so time to move on, where are we with the Fantasy Golf league?

We usually try to get Fantasy Golf kicked off with the TOC as the first event but that varies from year to year depending on how fast we can organize. Look for an announcement sometime between Christmas and New Year’s. That league is hosted on Fantrax... while not perfect, they do keep getting a little better each year. 

5 hours ago, ZJBogey2 said:

I think I made the playoffs in Shooter right? How do the playoffs work? Is it just 1v1 matchups?

If you check the pinned links, one of them has the bracket I posted at the beginning of the year.  Now that we’ve got the teams finalized, I’ll try to fill it in and post it tonight. 

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

seems like a message to MFL is in order... 

I know it's very hard to find a site to host a league this large but overall I am not impressed with MFL this year. Their page is a bear to navigate and the way they present the data could use a lot of UX design touches. 

Which lends the question: now that we’ve seen the grass on both sides of the fence, which is greener? I know which way I’ll vote for next season but I’m curious what you guys that played both MFL and Fantrax think. Yes, those are the only two options for a league this big. 

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

2 hours ago, poprocksncoke said:

Looks to me the standings should be as follows:

Bucky Division

• Apolloshowl
  • Bucky Wagon
  • poprocksnTD's
  • golferKen
  • Texas DVM
  • Mudfish

Shooter Division

• Chief Officer Mike
  • Undershooter
  • Dangeruss Topher
  • StrokerAce
  • DJ Mico
  • ZJBogey

Berg Division

• PAGolfer
  • Collins923
  • Ryming Bergs
  • Red-Zoning Out
  • Goaliewales14
  • Rev's59ers

Stud Division

• DaBears2100
  • Manimal26
  • Walnutz
  • Plutang Clan
  • Golfspy MPR
  • Actually Kurt

If I am wrong on any of these I'm sure someone will let me know 😆

Yeah, that was difficult to find!

Nailed it!  😆

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

We usually try to get Fantasy Golf kicked off with the TOC as the first event but that varies from year to year depending on how fast we can organize. Look for an announcement sometime between Christmas and New Year’s. That league is hosted on Fantrax... while not perfect, they do keep getting a little better each year. 

If you check the pinned links, one of them has the bracket I posted at the beginning of the year.  Now that we’ve got the teams finalized, I’ll try to fill it in and post it tonight. 

Which lends the question: now that we’ve seen the grass on both sides of the fence, which is greener? I know which way I’ll vote for next season but I’m curious what you guys that played both MFL and Fantrax think. Yes, those are the only two options for a league this big. 

I prefer Fantrax, MFL wasn't bad once you got the hang of it but the fact I couldn't enter the draft puts a damper on it for me.

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth

28 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Neither are very good!!!!! But I prefer MFL🏈

Looking forward to Fantasy Golf season again as well!!

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

This being my first season, I did enjoy it, just did really bad, but I have no problem on trying a different platform next season.

• Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Woods and Putter set unofficial review.

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

Fantrax....by a country mile.

So agreed - I’ve been lost in this format - lost out again today on picking a player up

Like many I have a very difficult job - just don’t have the patience, time or skill to be messing with this format going forward. It’s fine on the laptop but I get stuck with everyone in alphabetical order on my phone app and that’s my primary go to.

And sorry for that rant. I realize that it’s difficult to find a platform for a group our size so thanks to our mods and cocomishes for a great season.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

The draft was horrible. By the time I refreshed.... And refreshed........... And refreshed..... I had about 20 seconds to make a pick, and then I had to toggle between three pages to get the correct person picked.

Man. I miss 1992 and doing it from the paper! Ugh.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

My first year playing as well, but do not have any big complaints. Draft had some weird glitches, but none that prevented me from making a roster. 35 roster moves over 13 weeks trying to save the season from all the injuries haha.

• :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore

As promised, here's your playoff bracket. Good luck everyone! I'll be cheering on my Stud Division counterparts to see if we can win for a second straight year.

FFPlayoffs Rd1.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's sad to be out of the playoffs but I take solace in the fact that I also played in the toughest division 🙂 

At least I have the Survivor pool and one strike left to look forward to. Starting it in week 3 definitely put a damper on participation but we've got 8 people still left alive:

Prepare to sweat over your picks for the next few weeks. Don't forget to save teams for the playoffs!

• Like 9

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

@GolfSpy STUDquedid I hear you say fantasy golf...?

Don't get your hopes up yet... much discussion to take place, likely when I get taken out of this playoff in the wildcard round.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

I'd have to say Fantrax as well...I think I finally figured out MFL about halfway through but it just feels too archaic for me. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

ah bummer, i had the 2nd most points scored against me in the entire league! Oh well, it was fun as always! Best of luck to those in the playoffs!

• Sad 1

Charleston, SC

HDCP 12.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small:  M4 with 60g Atmos red stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: 52, 56, 60 :titelist-small: SM5 & SM6
  • Putter: 34" :odyssey-small: 2-ball original with superstroke grip
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

22 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

This being my first season, I did enjoy it, just did really bad, but I have no problem on trying a different platform next season.

This being my first season ever playing fantasy football period, I found the site easy once you got familiar. That said I have no reference to anything else so change stay does not matter to me... I just wish there was some more time between picks on draft day... I had a blast this season and this fantasy golf thing I am hearing has me interested for sure!

• Like 3

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer