Help picking a new shaft

Eisen

I've return to golf after a long break. So starting out I had no idea what my swing speed was or other stats/preferences were. So here's the relevant info from the latest test fitting at PXG while trying to improve on my current driver. 

Swing speed 95-108 (slow when I need to be accurate, fast when I have a wide fairway and need to eat up distance), regardless the fitter said I swing with a lot of force, whatever that means. I'm assuming I hit hard not just fast but I'm new to all this, last time I played I was a kid and I've only play 6-8 times on my local courses front 9 since I picked things back up in September and probably a dozen trips to the driving range before that. So I'm still getting back into form and fixing problems/adapting my swing. 
The most successful shafts I tried all seemed to be mid/low to low launch, and low spin. with a single kick point either in the mid or butt section and a high balance point. 

Current shaft is a Fujikura Motore x f3 60 in regular flex on a Cobra Radspeed XB 10.5 degree model delofted to 9.5.

We were testing on a PXG Gen5 0311 with the 7.5 degree model cranked up to 9 degrees to help keep the club face closed. Most successful shaft on this was a Graphite Design Tour AD HD-5 stiff flex

Any shafts I tried with high launch or mid spin went up into the sky and came down barely 180-200 yards out. 

The Project X Eventide Ripflow CB was good until I swung hard, 

The Project X Cypher was completely wrong I launched the ball into orbit with a ridiculous amount of backspin unless the scanner bugged out. We did a stiffer Motore F3 and it likewise did the same. 

I realize the different club heads mean this won't be the most useful comparison in the world. But I'm hoping you folks can recommend a cheaper option that will likely fit the bill until I'm good enough to warrant a better stick and my swing will have stopped changing a ton after I get myself a bit more dialed in. Thinking sub 200$ for everything ready to screw onto the club, preferably less since I don't know when I'll outgrow this shaft as my swing continues to change. Thank you all in advance. 

Edited by Eisen

:cobra-small: Driver RadSpeed XB - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0S |:cobra-small: RadSpeed XB 3 Wood - Fujikura Motore X F3 6.0R

:cobra-small: RadSpeed XB 3&5 Hybrid - Fujikura Motore X F3 6.0R |image.png.0552ffefbce0616a002ad83712eb2d0b.png KE4 Max Irons - TrueTemper Score LT R

image.png.1ca977f39e5e1e4d586bd77542ad920d.png TSW DRM Forged Wedges - Fujikura Kuro Kage 70 S |:PXG:  Battle  Ready Spitfire - heel shafted 35"

:1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5 LS Stand Bag |Other: :Arccos: |Ball: Vice Pro

So hard to say, truly. 

We have a great thread called Shaft Hack: Otto Phlex which I would highly recommend. It has turned into a lot of us trying much lighter and softer flex shafts with various profiles to mimic the super expensive autoflex. 

Sounds like something with a slightly stiffer tip section may be okay?

Have you tried the Motore F1? Another shaft several of our members had a great experience with so could be worth a look?

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice! I'll go check out the post. I got a Project X smoke black rdx for cheap and it seems to be fitting the bill so far, I'm having a much easier time closing the club face. 

:cobra-small: Driver RadSpeed XB - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0S |:cobra-small: RadSpeed XB 3 Wood - Fujikura Motore X F3 6.0R

:cobra-small: RadSpeed XB 3&5 Hybrid - Fujikura Motore X F3 6.0R |image.png.0552ffefbce0616a002ad83712eb2d0b.png KE4 Max Irons - TrueTemper Score LT R

image.png.1ca977f39e5e1e4d586bd77542ad920d.png TSW DRM Forged Wedges - Fujikura Kuro Kage 70 S |:PXG:  Battle  Ready Spitfire - heel shafted 35"

When the fitter says "alot of force" they probably mean aggressive.

needing about 9.5 with the current PXG driver would mean to me you are catching the ball on the up swing. 

assuming you tested for the proper length and not hit a stock length the entire time I d say you are something in the low launch low torque category.

a few to consider and keep in mind these are guesses. 

1) Hazrdus black or green in S

2) Motore~ 

3) Graphite Design HD the one you hit, they have a couple of models like the XC and UB that can do the job.

4) accra FX in red or tour series shaft based on wallet size.

Id also look at a slightly heavier shaft if you are gorilla like. 

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Thanks for the recommendations I will look at them more!