Testers Announced! Evnroll and Precision Pro ×

Tour edge hybrid vs Cleveland hybrid

Hello everyone 2 part question

1) new golfer here, this is my bag setup im only missing hybrids and wedges

Driver/putter/ irons 5i-pw, chipper/sw

Do i go with a 2 hybrids and 2 wedges( + my pw sw) 

Or go 1 hybrid(acually hit a utility iron better then a hybrid) and go 3 wedges plus pw and sw

2)2 hybrid route , should i go 1 hybrid 1 driving iron or both utility irons, if i go 1 hybrid iv read cleveland launcher halo and tour edge e523 hybrids are excellent choices for beginner golfers

Appreciate any feedback, thanks in advance

1 hour ago, dr.chipinski said:

Golf is about hitting the ball a specific distance.  Figure out how far you carry the ball with you current clubs and then start to fill in the gaps.   Typically players gap their irons and wedges with 10-15 yard gaps.   Since you go from driver to 5 iron you probably have distance gaps at the top end of you bag that need to be filled.   You can also look at the course you play and see what distances you need to cover.  Meaning, do you often need to hit something farther than the 5 iron but don’t have a club?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, dr.chipinski said:

To follow up on  cnosil.  It is not about the number of the club it is about the loft of the club. Across brands a 4I, or 2H can have different lofts  .   Here is what I have as a reference.  Your distances will  be different for how far you hit each(numbered) club, but it works the same.

Driver 235y,   3W(15degree) 220y, 2H(18) 205y, 4I(21d) 190y, 5i(23d) 175, 6i(26.5) 165, 7i(30.5d) 155, 8i(34.5) 145, 9i(38.5d) 135, PW(43d) 125y, AW( 48d) 110,  52degree 100y, SW 56d 85 y.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

As a new golfer I don't think multiple wedges is an approach to start with, I may be wrong there and anyone feel free to discount that. But hybrids will be a good start for forgiveness, I almost wouldn't play a 5 iron personally, well I actually don't. A driving iron may be difficult to hit as a new golfer as well. High MOI, high forgiveness will be your best friend! 

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

• 1 year later...

I’ll I like the 2 Wedge & 2 Hybrid option. I carry Mizuno Pitching Wedge and a 50 degree Vokey Design SM5 for wedges. For Hybrid, Cleveland 3i Halo Launcher 22 degree with S-flex shaft & Cleaveland 2 Halo Launcher 16 degree with Miyazaki S-flex shaft. The Cleaveland 2 is great for bump n’ runs and punch shots as well. 

I’m just trying to live like Mr. John Daly. He seems to be living a good life.