Residential Golf Simulator

PJVicary

Much is being written about golf simulators. What in your estimation would be the biggest bang for your buck in putting together a simulation setup in your home/ or garage without breaking the bank. Prices have come down but are they at the point where you are ready to pull the trigger without being tossed out if your home? 

Using Cure CX3 putter

2 minutes ago, PJVicary said:

What in your estimation would be the biggest bang for your buck in putting together a simulation setup in your home/ or garage without breaking the bank. Prices have come down but are they at the point where you are ready to pull the trigger without being tossed out if your home? 

For me it would be the ability to practice no matter the weather or day/night.   I personally just love hitting balls; during MGS most wanted testing season they often have to throw me out after I complete my session.   Short game work would be a main focus.

Prices are at the point where I am ready to pull the trigger,   the only problem is I don't have anyplace that I could setup the simulator.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I pulled the trigger about 10 years ago. I am handy and did all the work myself. Every year or two I would upgrade something. 
The benefits are 365 days a year golf. You can focus on the entire game one piece at a time. 

I started out small with an Optishot2 and a pop up net. Then built a cage with a painters tarp and a king size white sheet for the screen. Then picked up a net to attach to the cage. Still utilized the white sheet. I won a Mevo so I use that in conjunction with the Optishot2. (The Optishot gives you club data and the Mevo gives me ball data)

Then I got a projector which lasted 8 years. This year I replaced the projector and added an impact screen.

I enjoy playing different courses so I chose the system based on the amount of courses and one that doesn’t have yearly subscriptions. If I want to work on something I can select the driving range.

Saved a ton of money on eBay auctions. Alway picked the item that the bidding ended in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning. Also saved with Amazon discount coupons. My $300 projector cost me $28.00 and it was brand new.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag