Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shaft unstable when ripping it?

Does anyone else find their driver shaft becomes unstable when going after one?

I have a standard paradym 9 degrees with a Kai’li white 70 gram x flex. It’s the stock offering and works well but sometimes if I go after one it seems to spin up a lot.

Driver- Paradym 9.0 Kai’li white 70 x

Utility- mizuno hi-fli 24 steel fiber 880 x 

Iron- 3-P wedge Titleist T100 23, X100

Wedges- Titleist SM9 50,54,58 X100

Putter- Scotty Cameron Select dual balance Newport

Ball- Prov1

Where on the face is your contact when you go after it compared to when you swing normal?

what is your face angle, face to path, dynamic loft when you go after it compared to your normal swing.

Something in your swing is causing a change in the club delivery when you go after it. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

16 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Where on the face is your contact when you go after it compared to when you swing normal?

what is your face angle, face to path, dynamic loft when you go after it compared to your normal swing.

Something in your swing is causing a change in the club delivery when you go after it. 

Not sure 

I haven’t taken my mevo+ on course to see what the difference is.

I’m not swinging so i am unstable, feels like the shaft can catch up to my hands. If you no what I mean

Ball- Prov1

4 hours ago, Aaron W said:

Not sure 

I haven’t taken my mevo+ on course to see what the difference is.

I’m not swinging so i am unstable, feels like the shaft can catch up to my hands. If you no what I mean

The thing is that when you go after it the problem could be the shaft or it could be something in your swing changes and causes the contact point to change and/or the club delivery. Could it be the shaft doesn’t agree with your go after it swing? Sure but it could also be your go after it swing is different from you regular swing and that wouldn’t be a shaft issue.

You would need to record your regular swing and then record your go after it swing and see if anything changes. It’s possible you pull on the club and get steep in your go after it swing where in your normal swing you are more shallow.

I personally don’t have shaft issues when I try to go after it, it’s my swing gets out of whack and I don’t fit my clubs to my go after it swing because it’s rare I try to do that 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Using the 70 X  and going after it would require a significant jump in speed to get an physically unstable shaft.  Id suggest using the mevo and if you are not seeing about a 10 mph or better jump then it may the person at the end of the shaft.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

On 2/27/2024 at 3:24 AM, McGolf said:

Using the 70 X  and going after it would require a significant jump in speed to get a physically unstable shaft.  Id suggest using the mevo and if you are not seeing about a 10 mph or better jump then it may the person at the end of the shaft.

I definitely dont get an extra 10mph if I try step on one but in saying that I can carry the ball further on a course than in my sim. These are my regular numbers on a good ball on the Mevo in my sim. My sim environment tends to make you unconsciously hold back, you might feel as though you are swinging quick but the numbers don’t lie. I wouldn’t say the shaft is unstable, a better way to describe it is the shaft feels like it unloads differently when stepping on one accompanied by a spiny high right flight
D0871ED8-3A4D-4021-9AF6-1305530E2416.png.2e6ec8c838b5afeaf6b7812dd90fff5f.png.

Ball- Prov1

On 2/26/2024 at 10:59 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

The thing is that when you go after it the problem could be the shaft or it could be something in your swing changes and causes the contact point to change and/or the club delivery. Could it be the shaft doesn’t agree with your go after it swing? Sure but it could also be your go after it swing is different from you regular swing and that wouldn’t be a shaft issue.

You would need to record your regular swing and then record your go after it swing and see if anything changes. It’s possible you pull on the club and get steep in your go after it swing where in your normal swing you are more shallow.

I personally don’t have shaft issues when I try to go after it, it’s my swing gets out of whack and I don’t fit my clubs to my go after it swing because it’s rare I try to do that 

Maybe I should stay with the game swing more, like you said we are fit to a normal swing not an effort swing but sometimes I like to have a crack.. don’t we all

Ball- Prov1

20 minutes ago, Aaron W said:

Maybe I should stay with the game swing more, like you said we are fit to a normal swing not an effort swing but sometimes I like to have a crack.. don’t we all

We do. Your spin in the sim is really low, but wondering if that is the sim reading.

pretty sure based on your description of your ball flight on your go after it swing you are getting steep probably from pulling on the shaft and your face is open

8 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

We do. Your spin in the sim is really low, but wondering if that is the sim reading.

pretty sure based on your description of your ball flight on your go after it swing you are getting steep probably from pulling on the shaft and your face is open

I do get a bit suspect on the spin in the sim with longer irons and driver as I have the minimum distance between hitting area and impact screen. 
I do also hit more from the toe with driver which as you would no produced less spin

Ball- Prov1

3 hours ago, Aaron W said:

I do get a bit suspect on the spin in the sim with longer irons and driver as I have the minimum distance between hitting area and impact screen. 
I do also hit more from the toe with driver which as you would no produced less spin

Yup the toe is going to take spin off especially as you climb the face. 

You could search and look into the diy driver tuneup to bring that contact more towards the sweet spot