Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Caledonia Tee time

Going to Myrtle beach in late April with a few buddies for our yearly trip and really wanted to play Caledonia but all the tee times are essentially booked and have been for over a month. Any tips or tricks on getting a tee time there?

Charleston SC

Hdcp 13

We're looking to just play 1 of the 2 and preferred Caledonia but we may do True Blue instead as we've heard awesome things about both of them. There's no additional tee times though if you attempt to book both at the same time, they do have an offer that saves around $50 per person if you book both though

Charleston SC

Hdcp 13

You could always call the proshop and tell them your predicament. Usually SOMEONE cancels at some point or you could just keep checking back. Tough situation to be in for sure and I have played both and had a great time (a better time at True Blue but Caledonia is beautiful). 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

7 hours ago, vandyland said:

You could always call the proshop and tell them your predicament. Usually SOMEONE cancels at some point or you could just keep checking back. Tough situation to be in for sure and I have played both and had a great time (a better time at True Blue but Caledonia is beautiful). 

Good to know, if there are better tee time options for true blue I think we're going to go with that heard there's also a nice practice facility around true blue to for a little added fun

Charleston SC

Hdcp 13

My 2 cents.  I first played Caledonia in 2006.  It was a fantastic course.  Also played True Blue, which, IMHO was the harder of the two courses.  Caledonia is truly a second shot course.  We went back in 2022 (June).  The greens were in horrible shape, with dead grass.  We were told that it was a grounds crew error that killed some of the greens.  The Pro shop comped us a tee time at True Blue, which was in immaculate condition.    Call the Pro shop to see how their greens have recovered.  If they have recovered, play there.  As others recommend, try booking both courses, playing True Blue first.

Callaway Paradigm 10.5 degree driver BGT shaft

TM Stealth 2 3 wood

3-5 hybrids Ping G430

PXG Gen 3 irons (6-W)

TM high toe wedges 50°, 56°, 60°

LAB Mezz Max putter Armlock BT Stability shaft

Ball: Oncore Vero X1

Just now, Alizchaudhry said:

My 2 cents.  I first played Caledonia in 2006.  It was a fantastic course.  Also played True Blue, which, IMHO was the harder of the two courses.  Caledonia is truly a second shot course.  We went back in 2022 (June).  The greens were in horrible shape, with dead grass.  We were told that it was a grounds crew error that killed some of the greens.  The Pro shop comped us a tee time at True Blue, which was in immaculate condition.    Call the Pro shop to see how their greens have recovered.  If they have recovered, play there.  As others recommend, try booking both courses, playing True Blue first.

I have to ask about this. To me, Caledonia is EXTREMELY challenging off the tee. Very narrow landing areas and tons of chances to get blocked out by trees. True Blue, again to me, was WIDE OPEN off the tee in comparison. I think I hit the ball about the same at both courses and I shot 73 at True Blue and 83 at Caledonia. There is more water on True Blue but I don't think that really bothers a better player much. I thought Caledonia was exceptionally hard and True Blue was more fun and easier. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

responded via quote.

Edited by Alizchaudhry
error in response.

TM Stealth 2 3 wood

3-5 hybrids Ping G430

PXG Gen 3 irons (6-W)

48 minutes ago, vandyland said:

I have to ask about this. To me, Caledonia is EXTREMELY challenging off the tee. Very narrow landing areas and tons of chances to get blocked out by trees. True Blue, again to me, was WIDE OPEN off the tee in comparison. I think I hit the ball about the same at both courses and I shot 73 at True Blue and 83 at Caledonia. There is more water on True Blue but I don't think that really bothers a better player much. I thought Caledonia was exceptionally hard and True Blue was more fun and easier. 

Perhaps we have different games.  I am pretty straight off the tees.  I hit a lot of hybrids and 3 woods at Caledonia, leaving a lot of wedges - 7 irons into the greens.  True Blue played long for me.  So to clarify, if you are a long hitter, I think True Blue is easier.  If you are shorter and straighter, Caledonia is the easier course. I shot 74 at Caledonia and 84 at True Blue.  Played the mallard and blue tees for each course.  Also, the wind was a bit stronger when we played True Blue.

TM Stealth 2 3 wood

3-5 hybrids Ping G430

PXG Gen 3 irons (6-W)

We ended up choosing to go with True Blue pretty much because of the tee times available. Apparently they double book the front and back all morning until around 10/11 then don't have tee times until 1pm which seemed like a good move for peak summer season but made it difficult for us

Charleston SC

Hdcp 13