Range Finder

Just now, TWatchorn said:

How many range finders are left on carts every year?

I'm sure a ton. I normally walk at our club, but recently used a cart when playing with a guest and left it (got it back later). A week ago or so, I remembered my rangefinder but forgot my cheap amazon cigar clip...

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

1 hour ago, TWatchorn said:

How many range finders are left on carts every year?

lots.   Which is why it is a good idea to have a system to help remember the range finder.   

1.  Alwasy put it back in your bag after use.

2.  Put your car keys in the rangefinder pocket or case so you remember to pick up the rangefinder when you get your keys.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I keep mine in a zip pocket just above the ball pocket on my golf bag.

I used to use one of those magnetic sleeves that you can buy for your laser, but I more that once left it stuck to the cart roof support when I was done playing.  On a road trip course once, I left it on the cart support and went back five minutes later and the staff said they didn't see it.  No one came in after us for thirty minutes. I had no recourse. I bought another one, but I had 300 ($'s) reasons to find a better way instead of using the magnetic sleeve. 

I asked the staff at my home course and they said they have 5 or 6 lasers in L&F that no one has asked about, as well as clubs, head covers, sunglasses and gloves.

I was always surprised what cheap things people came back for and what expensive things they never came back for.  🤪

After retiring from the PGA of America, I did some demo days and club fitting for TaylorMade, Callaway, Titleist, Ping, Cobra, Srixon and Mizuno.

I left mine on the cart three ( yes I'm an idiot ) times.  Had to go back to the course twice and third time was sitting in the clubhouse bar when a cart attendant came in with it raised in the air.  Got a bright red magnetic wrap for it and hasn't happened since.

Callaway Paradym X 10.5 set to 11.5

Callaway Paradym 3+ wood

Callaway Paradym X 3/4/5 hybrid

Mizuno 923JPX irons 6-W Dynamic Gold 95 w/ProSoft dampeners

Cleveland CBX2 48, 52, 56

Cleveland Huntington Beach 6

Learned my lesson after leaving one. Out my keys in the rangefinder case now as the reminder like most others are doing. 
There will come a time I indulge too much though and have the wife come get me and still leave it all though. 

- toodles

• Driver: Stealth 2 
  • 3 Wood: Stealth 2
  • 4 Hybrid: Stealth 2
  • 5-GW: PXG 0311P Gen 4
  • SW & LW: TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3
  • Putter: Evnroll ER2B

After my last full swing on the 18th hole, I routinely put my rangefinder back in its case and right back into my bag. I have forgotten headcovers, towels, and items easily and cheaply replaced, but the rangefinder is an expensive loss.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons;    Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

When I got my Shot Scope LX+, my biggest worries were knocking the H4 GPS/shot tracker off the magnetic belt holder (which I did often early on) and leaving the LX rangefinder behind after a round. 

LXinCaddyBuddy.jpg.2c86f1f4583e8bc1c9d4bd0f05415ab3.jpg

To help me with the rangefinder, I purchased this Caddy Buddy holder which attaches to the cart roof supports and holds the Shot Scope LX.   I figured it protected the rangefinder, made it easy to access as I was stepping out of the cart and was bright red so I couldn't miss it when I was done.  The mounting clamp folds up into the pocket yielding a compact size for storage between rounds.  

It has been two years in use and both have yet to be left behind after a round.  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4