Match of Cards is not fair. What's your opinion?

I recently played in match play tournament for Monmouth Counties. It entails 5 matches, single elimination. Winner takes all. 1st match is 18 holes and the next 4 are 9 holes. There is no overtime for extra holes. Instead they do a match of cards on the hardest handicap hole. I won my first 18 holes 3/2. My next 9 hole match we tied. I lost on a match of cards and did not feel I lost. We both were -2 through 9 holes. We both wanted to have a putt off or something to finalize the match. The commissioner would not let us bend the rules. I have won this tournament 3 other times at 3 different courses. When this tournament started we had extra holes and I won two different finals in overtime. Do you think "match of cards" is a silly way to pick a winner???? 

Taylormade Mini Brnr (11.5 degree) w/ Fujikura Motore F1 7x 

Taylormade Sim Titanium 3 wood (13.5 degree) w/ Fujikura Motore F1 7x

Taylormade Sim 3 Hybrid w/ Fujikura Ventus 7x

Titleist T-MB 6-4 irons w/ True Temper AMT white shafts

Titleist 716CB P-7 w/ True Temper S300 shafts

Titleist Vokey wedges - 60.4 / 56.10 / 52.8

Putter - Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #5 

I wouldn't call it silly, but I agree that a match should be decided by continuing play.

However tee times are limited, as is daylight.  If all the sudden you have several match's going extra holes it gets harder to finish on time.  I understand the need for scorecard playoffs.  If everyone knew the rules going in, and technically it is based off play since you are starting with the hardest hole and comparing cards, then I don't see any issue with it.  

It sucks to lose that way, but I'm willing to bet if you had won that way instead we wouldn't have seen this post 🙂

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Not silly. It’s somewhat common to go to the cards to determine a winner. As mentioned above there are limits that can affect things. Let’s say you run out of daylight and the match is tied. Not you have to play another day which takes away momentum either golfer had.

lets flip it around. If you won would you have posted asking if going to cards to decide a match is silly?