Vice Golf Balls - 2024 Forum Review

2 hours ago, Skrizan said:

Congrats @Lefty11 for avoiding the trees and cart paths and any other hard obstacles!

I have also been impressed with durability, but I have hit trees and gravel cart path a few times.  I've posted the discoloration from hitting trees previously, but this does not affect play in my opinion.  The first two times I hit the cart path I did not find any damage.  Last night I hit the path on the last hole and finally got a good scrape.

20240620_103454.jpg.a1b46ab4f4b14e9562a5c70e4d5ebea7.jpg

I would expect this to happen with any ball.

This was my tee shot on the par three 18th and I chipped to 3 feet and made par to finish with 37, my lowest 9 hole round of the year so far!   

Was a decent breeze last night (Thankfully, it was 94 degrees when we started league.) and I hit some drives to distances I have not seen in a long while, and into the wind.  I missed 5 greens and was able to chip and par them all.  I can't say enough about how much I love the feel of this golf ball from tee to green. My only bogey was a 3 putt from 60 feet.  (Brain fart on iron selection, pin was in the front barely on the green and I hit to back edge.)

Reviews will be coming before long, but I think you can tell the way I am leaning 😉

Thanks @Skrizan!  I've deliberately launched this ball over tress without hitting a thing.  I'm not complaining!  Durability-wise this ball is a champ. I agree with @Skrizan on how awesome the Vice Pro Air feels.

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

Look for a post about putting with the Vice Pro Air either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Edited by Lefty11

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

Played another 9 holes this morning.  The Vice Drive still seems very favorable.  I'm guessing I'm getting a good 10-15 yards better.  This is based off of using my Bushnell scope.  Chipping and putting are also on the plus side.  Looking forward to next week playing Old Kinderhook, Lake of the Ozarks. It is a Tom Weiskopf design. OldKinderhook.com

Dennis

Just now, Mulligan09 said:

Played another 9 holes this morning.  The Vice Drive still seems very favorable.  I'm guessing I'm getting a good 10-15 yards better.  This is based off of using my Bushnell scope.  Chipping and putting are also on the plus side.  Looking forward to next week playing Old Kinderhook, Lake of the Ozarks. It is a Tom Weiskopf design. OldKinderhook.com

@Mulligan09 great to hear about the added distance with the Vice Drive.  How has the durability been and the feel/distance with all your clubs?

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

Vice Pro Air - Putting
As I’ve mentioned before, adjusting to putting with the Vice Pro Air took me the longest.  The ball does feel slighter softer and it has a subtle sound upon impact.  I’ve grown particularly fond of the tapered alignment arrow on the ball.
IMG_6614.jpeg.8e3a9b580cdcd872e9134f565f52440d.jpeg

It helps my ability to track the ball rolling towards the hole, which I find satisfying.   I’ve included two short videos showing the Lime and Drip balls.  These clips have been slowed down to help show how the alignment arrow acts as the ball goes towards the hole.  
IMB_nThwuo.gif.5ab824df358b72653250bfe93430d039.gif

Special thanks to my youngest daughter for assisting with the videos.  

IMB_X6I4KF.gif

Edited by Lefty11
Fix the video

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

2 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

Vice Pro Air - Putting
As I’ve mentioned before, adjusting to putting with the Vice Pro Air took me the longest.  The ball does feel slighter softer and it has a subtle sound upon impact.  I’ve grown particularly fond of the tapered alignment arrow on the ball.
IMG_6614.jpeg.8e3a9b580cdcd872e9134f565f52440d.jpeg

It helps my ability to track the ball rolling towards the hole, which I find satisfying.   I’ve included two short videos showing the Lime and Drip balls.  These clips have been slowed down to help show how the alignment arrow acts as the ball goes towards the hole.  
IMB_nThwuo.gif.5ab824df358b72653250bfe93430d039.gif

Special thanks to my youngest daughter for assisting with the videos.  

IMB_X6I4KF.gif

Was your daughter patient for the multiple takes it took to make those 2 putts?  🤣  Just kidding, but seriously how many?

PING G410 Driver and 3 metal, Callaway Hybrids, Cobra F9 irons, Callaway wedges, Scotty Cameron Phantom X7.5 putter

On 6/13/2024 at 10:35 PM, 3Putt4Double said:

Just bought a dozen of the blue Vice drive.. Just a heads up, 1 dozen after shipping and taxes is $28 on the Vice website

Screenshot_20240613-214749.png.309459e085857b2fadd1e1e90d3f83b3.png

If one is going to buy just a doz Vice, regardless of which model, I'd just go to a big box store like Walmart and save on the shipping. However, I haven't seen the new models there yet. 

I generally buy in a 5 or 6 doz quantity (my wife plays with them as well) and always wait for either the free doz.  or the free shipping offers. Both of those come up on a regular basis throughout the year. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

25 minutes ago, Skrizan said:

Was your daughter patient for the multiple takes it took to make those 2 putts?  🤣  Just kidding, but seriously how many?

Just two putts!  Smooth like Noonan. 😀

image.gif.a5cfe9cd32c47afc7c537be951d3138d.gif

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

Well this is the week to Old Kinderhook to put the Vice Drives to the test on a top rated course.  As Ive mentioned before I have been very pleased with the performance of them so far.  I not a long hitter but getting more distance and still hitting straight.  Chipping and putting are good as well. They are keepers.

IMG_4656.jpeg

IMG_4655.jpeg

IMG_4657.jpeg

IMG_4658.jpeg

Dennis

1 hour ago, Mulligan09 said:

Well this is the week to Old Kinderhook to put the Vice Drives to the test on a top rated course.  As Ive mentioned before I have been very pleased with the performance of them so far.  I not a long hitter but getting more distance and still hitting straight.  Chipping and putting are good as well. They are keepers.

IMG_4656.jpeg

IMG_4655.jpeg

IMG_4657.jpeg

IMG_4658.jpeg

Beautiful course!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 hour ago, Mulligan09 said:

IMG_4656.jpeg

IMG_4655.jpeg

IMG_4657.jpeg

IMG_4658.jpeg

Good luck!  Keep it in the short stuff.  

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

The weather here hasn’t been very cooperative lately, with the extreme heat and rain keeping me from golfing.  😡 School ends this week, so I’m looking forward to finally getting out and playing this weekend. 
image.gif.e8d3cdda9a743dbe339726cc93ef8c84.gif

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

7 hours ago, Mulligan09 said:

Same here in Kansas

I’m ready to put the Vice Pro Air to the test again.  Can anyone identify which specific part or parts of the ball you’re testing stands out the most?

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

26 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

I’m ready to put the Vice Pro Air to the test again.  Can anyone identify which specific part or parts of the ball you’re testing stands out the most?

With the vice pro it's the approach shot by far in my opinion..if ur a "hit short and run up" player then it's not for you..if ur a "stick the green off the approach" player then this is the ball

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

@Skrizan, really interested in your final review with Tour S and Pro Air going heads up. I'm all but certainly making a ball change in 2025 and these two are the choice in the soft range. I've been using the S and enjoy the way it plays off the tee, but Vice and their colors are just easier for me to spot on course and it appears to spin a touch more into the green.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

2 hours ago, 3Putt4Double said:

The Vice Drives that I ordered are lost in the mail so I will have to work with Vice customer service.. This outta be interesting 

Screenshot_20240624-2153242.png.b0ee437dafa5caab8613bf40a1aa35d0.png

Hey @3Putt4Double how are you faring with Vice's customer service? It's a relevant issue for us reviewers but I have not had any reason to get involved in any interaction with customer service.

* Titleist 915 D2 - Accra iW4

* Callaway Rogue ST Max 5FW

* Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4 and 5 hybrids

* Callaway Steelhead XR 5-PW

* Ping Glide 4 50 and 56 / Callaway Mack Daddy 2 60

* Odyssey White Hot OG 7

* Mizuno RB566

* Shot Scope X5

9 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

@Skrizan, really interested in your final review with Tour S and Pro Air going heads up. I'm all but certainly making a ball change in 2025 and these two are the choice in the soft range. I've been using the S and enjoy the way it plays off the tee, but Vice and their colors are just easier for me to spot on course and it appears to spin a touch more into the green.

@Berg Ryman Review coming before too long.  I will say you can't go wrong with either one.   I haven't played every ball on the market, but for the price I think it would be very hard to find another ball that can compete with these two.

I am old school and usually prefer a white ball, but I do play yellow in the fall sometimes. I am intrigued about the bright green Vice is offering, wondering if it would be even easier to see in the fall leaves.  Since you can mix and match with the bulk discount, I could get a dozen green for the fall.

PING G410 Driver and 3 metal, Callaway Hybrids, Cobra F9 irons, Callaway wedges, Scotty Cameron Phantom X7.5 putter

27 minutes ago, Green4Spinach said:

Hey @3Putt4Double how are you faring with Vice's customer service? It's a relevant issue for us reviewers but I have not had any reason to get involved in any interaction with customer service.

It's still to early to tell..just sent the emails last night, but will definitely tell everyone how they react to the situation at hand!

Update on “tackiness” and actually feel of ball with the Vice Tour

The tackiness has seemed to gotten much better after playing with them and the balls being in the heat instead of freshly opened from box. The feel of driver and irons is really nice. Not too soft and not too hard. Im starting to really like the performance and price point of these balls. My next update will be spin numbers off tee and approach shots. If it can have enough spin on greens and approach shots and less spin on tee shots, this ball may be a keeper.

Edited by TheSudds

Thanks,

Evan Suddeth PT, DPT, CSCS, TPI

Played 18 with Vice Tour and on the 18th hole with my partner, approach shot from 120 after my partner hit his from 150… this was the result! The balls were literally touching! This has never happened. You know what they say, “two balls are better than one!” 😂

18 with the Vice Tour was very pleasing. I’m starting to really gain confidence with this ball in terms of ball flight staying consistent and being able to play a draw or fade when needed. 

4CDAB6E4-B9CD-467D-8779-E38EA845DFF2.jpeg.69dd0e6bb1707a8be987180df72069f6.jpeg

Thanks,

1 hour ago, TheSudds said:

Played 18 with Vice Tour and on the 18th hole with my partner, approach shot from 120 after my partner hit his from 150… this was the result! The balls were literally touching! This has never happened. You know what they say, “two balls are better than one!” 😂

18 with the Vice Tour was very pleasing. I’m starting to really gain confidence with this ball in terms of ball flight staying consistent and being able to play a draw or fade when needed. 

Nicely done!  😀 It really sounds like you’re enjoying the Vice Tour.  I wish I had a sleeve to compare to the Vice Pro Air.  

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

On 6/25/2024 at 8:16 AM, Green4Spinach said:

Well, it's day 3 of battling with Vice and FedEx.. Vice says call FedEx, FedEx says tell Vice to call FedEx economy, and I'm still waiting on something to get done and don't think I'm even one step closer

18 hours ago, TheSudds said:

The Tour ball is really intriguing to me. 3-piece, 95 compression (a tweener compression), but with Ionomer cover instead of urethane. It's a great price-point, especially with multiple dozen. I played with one for a round and did enjoy it. Not sure if it can take my Maxfli from me, as I get about the same price point when on sale or in bulk.

How has this compared to your gamer ball or other "higher quality" tour-level balls?

1 hour ago, Shrek74 said:

The Tour ball is really intriguing to me. 3-piece, 95 compression (a tweener compression), but with Ionomer cover instead of urethane. It's a great price-point, especially with multiple dozen. I played with one for a round and did enjoy it. Not sure if it can take my Maxfli from me, as I get about the same price point when on sale or in bulk.

How has this compared to your gamer ball or other "higher quality" tour-level balls?

Obviously it does not perform as well spin rate and distance comparing it to a Callaway chrome tour. But with my skill level compared to a professional, the on course differences probably does not make that much of a difference 😂 There still is a pull with having a bigger name brand golf ball like Titleist and Callaway and having friendly price point balls. Vice is def something I would recommend now to my friends looking for options. 

Thanks,

On 6/24/2024 at 10:35 PM, Lefty11 said:

For me, the Vice Drive  stands out for easy distance. But I am struggling to control the ball stopping on the greens. Not sure I like the firm click  when putting. But cannot complain about hitting a bunch of my lowest scores on the two courses I play. 

The greens challenge is probably a combination of playing on dried out firmer greens during hot summer days and my starter set of golf skills. Actually thinking about it, perhaps skills is not the right word.  Since I started playing in November last year, this is my first experience of playing golf in the summer. Perhaps it's not the ball, but just me...

* Titleist 915 D2 - Accra iW4

* Callaway Rogue ST Max 5FW

* Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4 and 5 hybrids

* Callaway Steelhead XR 5-PW

* Ping Glide 4 50 and 56 / Callaway Mack Daddy 2 60

* Odyssey White Hot OG 7

* Mizuno RB566

* Shot Scope X5

Had a nice short game practice session with the Pro Plus. Some quick observations:

- green side spin was great. Granted I have really been working on technique but felt really confident the ball would perform to the improved technique. High floaters or low spinners, the ball was consistent with all of them. I was hitting low spinners to a downhill slope and getting great response. Results were consistent across the four balls I was using. 
- Putting was consistent. I am really enjoying the feel off my putter (face insert) and have found really nice control of the pace of putts. I have not been using the alignment aid, personal preference. 

A consistent take away for me is consistency. With a DTC brand that would be one of my concerns, and have not had any issue across any of the sleeves of the Vice Pro Plus. 

You can see by the bottom photo, the speckles are hardly noticeable from address IMHO  IMG_3353.jpeg.21ead28cc0599184c5525b62baedc29d.jpeg

IMG_3351.jpeg.744220571565d13d0f3bb6a9ed74888f.jpeg

• Callaway Epic Max LS
  • Cobra Radspeed 3w
  • TM RBZ 19º Hybrid
  • New Level 902-PD 5-PW 
  • Callaway Jaws 52
  • Cleveland RTX 56
  • Alien 60
  • Odessy Dual Force II CS#5 Putter