Pro V1 Left Dot Alternative

Has anyone found a good alternative to the left dot? I did hear that Titleist implemented some of the qualities of the left dot into the latest Pro V1 but was curious as to input of any other balls anyone had found. 

The retail 2023 ProV1 isn’t far off. My hope for the 2025 line is that they raise the spin/apex profile of the regular ProV1 back to where it used to be and bring a Left Dot to retail now that they have freed up capacity in ball plants 3/4 with the 2024 AVX moving to a TPU cover.

Driver:  Titleist TS2 9.5

Fairway:  Tour Edge CB4 Tour 16.5 

Irons:  Titleist 690.CB 3-PW

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 56

Putter:  Odyssey Works Versa 1W

Ball:  Vice Pro Plus

7 hours ago, storm319 said:

The retail 2023 ProV1 isn’t far off. My hope for the 2025 line is that they raise the spin/apex profile of the regular ProV1 back to where it used to be and bring a Left Dot to retail now that they have freed up capacity in ball plants 3/4 with the 2024 AVX moving to a TPU cover.

The chances that either of those happening is very small. Once they swapped the prov1x and prov1 they were set in that going forward. Now they have both balls close to the same in launch and spin I doubt they change.

With the rollback coming I don’t see them increasing production for the left dot. Attention is going to turn to getting balls ready for the rollback which in just over 3 years is when confirming testing starts. So come 10/27 all balls have to meet the new specs

13 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The chances that either of those happening is very small. Once they swapped the prov1x and prov1 they were set in that going forward. Now they have both balls close to the same in launch and spin I doubt they change.

With the rollback coming I don’t see them increasing production for the left dot. Attention is going to turn to getting balls ready for the rollback which in just over 3 years is when confirming testing starts. So come 10/27 all balls have to meet the new specs

My comment on bringing the Pro V1 back to where it was refers when it was last a true mid/mid profile during the 2019 cycle (spin and apex have both dropped with each subsequent cycle to the point where the profile was essentially the same as the AVX). 

The big OEMs aren’t giving up on R&D based on the current ODS target yet and the 2027 releases will be critical as those will likely be the designs that sustains the majority of amateurs to 2030. Also, I doubt producing an already designed model really has much of an impact to ongoing R&D.

We are likely to see two more cycles of the Pro V1 in 2025/2027 focused on the current ODS and since each cycle generally produces multiple prototypes for each model not to mentioned the tour only offerings that they are already producing in small quantities, I don’t think it them bringing another Pro V1 offering to retail is a crazy concept (the fact that they didn’t bring the left dot to regular retail last cycle given the insane aftermarket demand still doesn’t make any sense to me). 

Driver:  Titleist TS2 9.5

Fairway:  Tour Edge CB4 Tour 16.5 

Irons:  Titleist 690.CB 3-PW

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 56

Putter:  Odyssey Works Versa 1W

Ball:  Vice Pro Plus

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2024 at 5:54 PM, jkbuckway said:

Has anyone found a good alternative to the left dot? I did hear that Titleist implemented some of the qualities of the left dot into the latest Pro V1 but was curious as to input of any other balls anyone had found. 

I play the left dot and tried the new PROV1 (with "incorporated left dot tech")....these two balls are NOT the same. While the new prov1 is great, its just not the left dot.   The differences ive found is the left dot feels more explosive, hits the trajectory window better and peaks further down the fairway.   Around the green they are very similar to me but the left dot is the superior ball.