What made you choose the golf balls you were currently using?

I was selected for the Vice Irons to test and Vice sent me two dozen Vice Pro Air balls as well. I figured why not see what that combination does for me. If you have been following along in the test thread you’ll know that this combination is working out very well. Make that extremely well.

By chance I tried the balls and by performance they are staying in the bag. This is coming from someone who is not loyal to a brand / ball. I have somewhere between 15 and 18 dozen balls on the shelf still in the box. I think only one dozen I paid for. When I was done testing I was going to go back to something else sitting around. Not now or anytime soon will that happen. I’m really enjoying the Pro Air’s and would pay for them going forward.

Reminds me of Goldilocks and the three bears. This one is to hard, this one is to soft, and this one is just right.😁

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

As a new-ish golfer, I'm still trying to stick to "cheap" since it's not unheard of for me to lose a dozen balls when my driver slice gets bad, but I'm getting to the point now it probably makes sense for me to start using better balls and probably buying new, since my last few rounds I've only lost a couple balls. So far my favorites have been TP5's and the Vice Pro. Amazon had a GREAT deal on Vice Pro balls on a prime day sale and I wish I had bought 200 of them! Instead, I'm about to spend the next year going through the 6 dozen supersofts that I got for about $8 a dozen lol

Titleist TSR2 9degree

Callaway Paradym X 3W

Callaway Epic Max 5W

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 4-PW

Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50-degree, Cleveland Tour Action 588 56-degree

Nike Putter

... Depending on your level of play and consistency, It is always a good idea to choose by performance first and price a very close second. ProV1x and TP5x perform best for my game. But several other balls I have played perform almost as well including the Chrome Tour and Maxfli Tour x. If I can find a ball that gives me 98% of the performance of a ProV1x/TP5x for only 1/2 the price I think that is a no brainer. Not exactly sure where the line gets crossed for value but the Kirkland V3 gives me something like 85% of the performance of my favorites and that is just too great a performance vs value ratio regardless of price. I try to play most every premium ball released out of curiosity because ya never know if a new ball will be a better fit. 

... I use my Dicks CC for every purchase and pay it off every month so it is basically a debit card because I can rack up a ton of Rewards. Of course I can use them for any ball purchase but having $110 in Rewards picking up 4 dozen Maxfli Tour x balls for free was just too good to pass up. If I were playing the most important match of my life, I would not hesitate to play a Maxfli Tour x. If someone is giving out a free dozen balls I will take ProV1x or TP5x please. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently playing the Chrome Tour X. It came down to going to the store and noticing the 4 dozen for 3 dozen price. I'm trying out the TP5 for a similar reason-- Taylormade had the oopise on their website and I jumped on the chance to try the TP5 for 40 percent off. So far, I'm not seeing a big enough difference between the two.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybrid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :callaway-small:  Tour X 2024
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours or Sketchers Max Fairway Go 4

I'm just back to playing after a 15+ year layoff.  So I had to start from scratch on balls. I read a LOT of reviews and picked a few to try.

Ultimately I have to play a ball for at least 9 holes to know if it will work.  No amount of hitting off a matt or putting on the carpet works for me.

If the ball performs well on 9 holes, I'll keep using it.  If it does well the next few rounds, I stick with it.  I've abandoned a lot of balls after just a few holes (Wilson Triad, TaylorMade something)  Lately I've settled on Snell 4.0 and Srixon Q Star Tour.  Those will get me through the winter. 

Cleveland TA-3 Forged - 4-9i

Cleveland 588 RTG - PW, GW

Mizuno T24 - SW

Mizuno Tzoid 9degree driver

Adams Assault 13degree 3w

Adams Tight Lies Tour 15 degree 5w

Adams Mission putter