Long time reader, first time topic maker

Hi folks, been a long time reader of the forum and thought I’d finally dive in.  As a high handicapper (I’m a 15, tho I often swing an iron like I just picked a club up yesterday) I’ve always got some kind of swing thought going every round. My question for the community is, what’s the longest you’ve managed to keep a swing thought that was actually helpful, and what was it?

Kirkland putter for life!  Trusty ping for fairway finding, really old TaylorMade irons, and Cleveland wedges.  I just love golf

5 hours ago, Lchung788 said:

Hi folks, been a long time reader of the forum and thought I’d finally dive in.  As a high handicapper (I’m a 15, tho I often swing an iron like I just picked a club up yesterday) I’ve always got some kind of swing thought going every round. My question for the community is, what’s the longest you’ve managed to keep a swing thought that was actually helpful, and what was it?

Club face position!  It's always on my thoughts before and after. 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

6 hours ago, Lchung788 said:

Welcome! My swing thought is to swing through to target. You will need to define your swing thought around your needs. Don't get trapped in multiple thoughts and only change when you feel what you have been working on is engrained.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Swing the club, not hit the ball.

Learned that many, many years ago and works to this day.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

21 hours ago, Lchung788 said:

Good question and welcome! Ever since I figured out how to fix my slice, I now always do a practice take-away swing even if not a full swing, but I make sure that the club face matches my spine angle (45 degree angle basically) at my waist on the backswing. When I had the slice (many.....many......many years..) I guess I had it pointed straight up which I thought was the "right" way to do it.... definitely not. Ever since then, either dead straight, or a slight draw which as a former major slicer, is awesome. 🙂 

Driver:         :titleist-small: TSR2 10.5*
FW wood:   :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3
Hybrid:        :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 Hybrid
Irons:           :mizuno-small:  JPX921 HM 5-GW
Wedges:      :taylormade-small: Black Milled Grind 56*, :callaway-small: Sure Out 2 58*, :mizuno-small: Blue T22 60*
Putter:         :odyssey-small: AI One Milled Eight T S
Ball:              :callaway-small:  Chrome Soft triple track 
Cart:              :Clicgear: 3.0 Pushcart
Shoes:           :footjoy-small: Premieres (So damn comfy) or 
adidas.jpg.68e67ffa35e40e0c3ad8be2ba26f3df3.jpg Tour360's 
Bag:                
AskEcho.jpg.d4dbb4965bf0480bbd5a3cff553f567f.jpg  2024 T-Lock Navy Grey (I love this thing) 

Longest - couple rounds. I often try then again but things just don't quite translate the same and I am typically able to find a new "feeling" that works.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)