MyGolfSpy Forum Member Testing 2025

I am still relatively ‘new’ at this forum in the way of actively posting.  Having said that, I have read untold numbers of reviews and comments about gear and how golfers have altered it due to fitness and/or ailments.  The TPI program or something similar would be very interesting as it would be a long term test with ever changing results (ie, swing, speed, body weight, strength, mental acuity, diet).  So many metrics to work on, but the mental side is what I am most interested in.   

I have not looked for it yet, has any testing been done on wet weather gear, cold weather gear? 

Lastly, I want to thank MGS again for the opportunities for member testing and setting up ‘real world’, personal reviews. Reading reviews and comments combined with the chance to communicate with the members is educational.

Driver - :ping-small: G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - :ping-small: G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - :ping-small: G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - :taylormade-small: M3 steel fiber  i110

Wedges - :ping-small: Glide 3.0 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Putter - :odyssey-small: O-Works 2-ball

Ball - :titleist-small: ProV1x

1 hour ago, Medfloat said:

I am still relatively ‘new’ at this forum in the way of actively posting.  Having said that, I have read untold numbers of reviews and comments about gear and how golfers have altered it due to fitness and/or ailments.  The TPI program or something similar would be very interesting as it would be a long term test with ever changing results (ie, swing, speed, body weight, strength, mental acuity, diet).  So many metrics to work on, but the mental side is what I am most interested in.   

I have not looked for it yet, has any testing been done on wet weather gear, cold weather gear? 

Lastly, I want to thank MGS again for the opportunities for member testing and setting up ‘real world’, personal reviews. Reading reviews and comments combined with the chance to communicate with the members is educational.

Not so much cold weather, but wet weather yup.

We have a good partner with Galway Bay that normally does one per season with their new line of rain gear.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

Jaime, so an idea for a test... Caliber Golf and their Hockey style putters or Bloodline and their stand-up putters. This forum and the site can really probably be credited with the rise of LAB Golf in the general population, I'd be intrigued to see if one of these other putter styles could get a similar benefit. It's a bit of a niche for sure and one that many may not wish to pursue, but could be a nice wild card entry.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Max, 12*, set -1/D, Project X RDX Smoke Red 50, 6.0 Flex

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titleist-small: Prov V1X Left Dash... for now

Seven Golf

Kyoei Golf 

Machine Putters

Tru Blu Golf

Void Golf

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts