Weirdest Thing You Carry In Your Bag?

• SPY VIP

Weirdest Thing You Carry In Your Bag?

We all carry a driver, wedges, putter(s) in our bag. But sometimes I find the other items golfers put in their bag more interesting.

Whether it is a superstitious item, whacky training aid, odd coins or something most other golfers would never think of...I want to here what's the weirdest thing you carry in your bag??

And if you have a camera phone...post a pic!

P.S. - Don't worry we won't judge you.

whoopie+cushion.jpg

#TruthDigest

I don't really have anything weird or unusual in my bag, but every once in a while I have a portable PA system that I throw in my golf cart. Kinda fun to harass the regular guys I play with on a slow day.

On the opposite side of the coin, how about something missing from my cart? Like the day I wanted to go play and found out my 18 month old son had been playing in the cart and the key was nowhere to be found. I actually had to drive down the dealer (only about 10 mins away thankfully) and buy a couple spare keys!! It's been about 2 months since this happened and I still haven't found the original key.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

All i can add is.... I have a String that is on a wind up.......has a small hook on one end that fits the flagpole and can be used to measure who is closest to the Pin.

This can be very important as our weekly game (30 players) pays nicely for CTP's on the par 3's.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I have a pocket knife that was in the first golf bag I ever bought. I bought a used set of Tony Penna blades and the bag had this knife. It is the only item that has been to every course I played but two rentals since 1978. I have sharpened many pencils with it.

:ping-small: G430 LST 10. on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430 Max 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:taylormade-small: SIM2 Rescue 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small: P790 Black 4-G on :aerotech: i95 S 

:vokey-small: SM9 54° & 58° on :vokey-small: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I have a "friend" who has a rubber snake in his bag. He thought it was amusing to bring it over and coil it up and stick in on the blind side of your cart if you parked with the driver side away from the green. So you walk around the cart and see the snake and you can not help but jump back. It is a natural reaction. It would really piss me off when he did it to me.

I found a real snake, it was a copperhead, and I smashed its head with my wedge. But he did not see it, so while he was on the green, I put it in his cart. That was the last time the rubber snake came out.

I have a "friend" who has a rubber snake in his bag. He thought it was amusing to bring it over and coil it up and stick in on the blind side of your cart if you parked with the driver side away from the green. So you walk around the cart and see the snake and you can not help but jump back.

That's hilarious!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

That's hilarious!

Not as funny when it is your cart. I promiss. However, when you live in the state that has the most snakes of any state in the country it is not near as funny. I see snakes on the course almost every round during the summer usually near the water hazards but once there was a small 10-12" copperhead curled up in the hole on #7. (that is the one I put in his cart.) I have stepped on snakes during the round, and you always look in the hole before you reach in and grab your ball.

I was taking a leak one time on the course and felt something hit my leg and I was standing on the head of a snake. It was a harmless grass snake. Well, not that harmless because I nearly had a heart attack. As long as I stood on its head I was ok. However, that thought did not occur to me until after I set the world record "standing broad jump while peeing record".

Ok, Texas may not have more snakes than any other, but we have more kinds of snakes. I just looked it up.

Weirdest thing in my bag? I suppose that'd be the Mentos shaped rock (albeit much larger than an actual mentos) that my grandfather gave me when I was 9 or so. It's perfectly smooth and is limestone, and I carried it in my pocket for a while. I thten decided I'd put it in my golfbag as a good luck charm (why a rock would be a good luck charm, I'll never know, but he gave it to me, I decided it'd be a good luck charm and in she went). He picked it up during WW2, and carried it until he gave it to me.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 1 month later...

I just checked and thought I would have something! But Alas! Nothing, sorry to disappoint.

However, Dan keeps a pair of underwear in the car just in case he poops himself! LOL! :P

I am so glad my wife has not found this site.:lol::lol::lol:

Archived