Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Hombre bad and ugly

I'm playing the Hombre's Bad and ugly courses on Friday down in Panama City. Wondering if anybody else has played them and can give some advice on course management or any pointers really. The course looks pretty aggressive on their website

Played there two summer back.... BRING MOSQUITO SPRAY. We played all 27, LOTS of water, check the banks for "Critters" before you go ball hunting.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Fun course, somewhat challenging. Has a lot of bunkers and water. And on the par 3 that's out over the water that has the tucked green, make sure to start it over the water left of the green. Even if you don't feel it, it's gonna have wind that'll push your ball at least 15 yards right(last time we were there and I played it, the wind was gusting and I played it 20 yards left and ended up on the fringe on the opposite side of the green). Lots of holes look like driving holes, you'll be better served hitting shorter clubs as the fairways all seem to narrow in the landing areas.

I didn't have a problem with bugs last time I was there, but take sunscreen. I'll be there middle of next month.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Played there two summer back.... BRING MOSQUITO SPRAY. We played all 27, LOTS of water, check the banks for "Critters" before you go ball hunting.

Good call on the bug spray i wasnt really thinking about that.I live over in Lower Alabama so I am very familiar with the critters....never go looking for your ball without a club in your hands

Curiously, what type of critters are we talking about here?

Well the bunkers and lower lying areas have been known to harbor a gator or two and the water hazards make a very nice home to the moccasins and other slithery critters

Ohhh and watch out for "Screaming Mini's". Flying, invisible, biting little knats....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Well that was an interesting adventure the greens were in terrible shape hut that's no excuse for my play. Ended up shooting a 94 the front nine were horrible shooting 14 over good thing I turned it around on the back shooting 8 over thanks to a par and birdie. Now to figure out my next course in Panama City beach

Well that was an interesting adventure the greens were in terrible shape hut that's no excuse for my play. Ended up shooting a 94 the front nine were horrible shooting 14 over good thing I turned it around on the back shooting 8 over thanks to a par and birdie. Now to figure out my next course in Panama City beach

Both of the Bay Point courses(Meadows and Nicklaus) are excellent challenges. Cheap fun? Hard to beat Signal Hill.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Both of the Bay Point courses(Meadows and Nicklaus) are excellent challenges. Cheap fun? Hard to beat Signal Hill.

+1 to what Rookie said about Signal Hill, nothing fancy but good fun for the price.

Be there the 1st week of July myself.

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

• 1 month later...

The Bay Point courses are a lot of fun. Signal Hill, cheap fun golf...can be slow depending upon when you play. Holiday Golf is another fun course. I like it better than Signal Hill. Camp Creek is very nice but the price is so out of line it isn't funny. Shark's Tooth...they wouldn't let me play there back when I tried by myself. Then had a chance to play with a member and it rained the entire day so that did not pan out either. If you manage to get on there, let us know what it is like.

Check out www.littlejohngolfleague.com a Greater Houston Traveling Golf League

Archived