Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What do you guys think of 90* shoulder turn?

sai-jin

Some people say it's not important, some say it's not just important, it's necessary unless you want to pull or fade balls all day long.

What I found is that when I'm not lazy and I do have a 90* shoulder back turn, I can drop my club to the slot and hit almost any shots I want.

And when I'm only turning a little less and my left shoulder points to around 10 or 11 oclock, I become a little steep.

So what do you guys think?

SaiJin You have the cause and the effect backwards. The amount you turn your shoulders has to do more with the power that you can generate. While getting steep (off plane) can limit your shoulder turn, it is the cause of the problem (off plane) and the effect is the limited shoulder turn (less power) and pull or a push. A draw and a fade describes ball flight. Push and pull describes the swing or swing flaws.

IF you stay on plane then limiting shoulder turn is a very effective way to control distance.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Roverrick: I'll copy paste that into my notes.

Rich: I"ll try your method tomorrow. Currently what I think of is left shoulder to right foot (as long as club head doesn't get inside)

Yea, I was just wondering what you guys think on this, since I got different feedback from different people I play with.

For me personally I notice that for my driver and long clubs I have to have that 90* turn to strike well and long.

WHile mid to low clubs I don't seem to have to turn much.

Just trying to learn more about my swings.

I think if I thought this much I couldn't hit the frickin ball B)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Amen to this, get your head out of the way, and some of the problems will disappear on there own. The worst thing you can do is think.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived