Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TPC San Antonio - Bloggers, Brunch & Birdies

GolfSpy Tim

The Course - @TPCSanAntonio

The Resort - @JWSanAntonio

Or search twitter and instagram for #BBBatTPC

My Instagram and Twitter

Bloggers, Brunch & Birdies - How GolfSpy Tim won a prize

One of the perks of the job is getting invited to places I might not normally get to on my own - so was the case when I was asked to join in on the innaugural Bloggers, Brunch & Birdies trip to TPC San Antonio.

IMG_1268.JPG

The event was to be a competition amongst golf social media superstar writers. Thankfully for my lack of game (I blame it on no sleep after catching a red-eye out of California) there were prizes for not only best score, longest driver and closest to the pin (I failed on each) but there were prizes for: Tenacious Tweeter, Hashtag Happy, Incredible Instagrammer, Poulter Pants and Best Sport.

6269898_orig.jpg

(I may have still been instagramming)

I wouldn't have represented MGS well if I didn't aim for a win somewhere - and knowing my actual golf skills might not get me there, I brought an ace up my sleeves - my pants:

IMG_1044.JPG

Some might say the pants are obnoxious, I'd say the pants show off my assests. Either way, when the dust settled, the pants played through for a win in the form of TPC gift shop credit for - what would you guess... - replacements for my pants:

Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 2.38.15 PM.png

Oh, and because I couldn't just win on looks alone, I also pulled off a win in the Incredible Instagrammer category! These two photos secured my win:

insta.jpg

Now back to the golf:

Not only did we play our 9 hole tournament on Sunday, but on Monday we got out for another 18 - both on the AT&T Oaks Course - the same where the Texas Valero Open is played (and Kevin Na shot 16 - on the only hole on the course without bunkers)

If you've got 10 minutes, watch it here

The AT&T Oaks Course offers a beauty you understand better when there in person - rolling fairways in Texas' Hill Country surrounded by nature. There ample opportunities to crush drives into generous fairways - and if you're familiar with Greg Norman - lots of precise ball striking is needed to stay out of trouble coming into the greens.

Fall in Texas gave us reasonable temperatures during the day, and we were thankful for the JW Marriott's large fireplaces to keep us warm during the evening while we enjoyed some fine beverages and shared stories of golf and life.

(Heath had us cracking up well into the night)

The pairing on property of the JW Marriott and TPC San Antonio's 36 holes of golf makes for a location with great customer service, restaurants, and even a lazy river to distract the family while you head out for a few rounds.

IMG_1249.JPG

While I didn't win the free trip back out to JW and TPC - I look forward to finding time in the future to visit again and not only enjoy the golf, but enjoy the resorts amenities (I really should have just snuck into the lazy river at midnight like I was tempted to)

Think you've got my pants beat and you could have taken home the prize? Let's see what you've got!

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1260.JPGIMG_1027.JPGIMG_1029.JPGIMG_1050.JPGIMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1283.JPG

3328326_orig.jpg

IMG_1244.JPG

Great pictures!  (Well, maybe except for the pants).  I have TPC San Antonio on my list to play.  I love JW Marriott hotels and golf courses.  JWs courses I have played include:  Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson, Palm Desert, and Orlando.  

I am looking forward to traveling again next spring.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Glad you enjoyed the TPC here in San Antonio !  what did you shoot on the Oaks ?????  and did you "Go For it" on #18 ?  that's a bastard of a hole if you try to go for it.....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Hula_Rock - blah… I think I shot high 90's that day… none of us kept track of score that day and just enjoyed being out and talking golf - I went for it on 18… but sadly, 18 was my blow-up hole for the day with two lost balls (my miss is right… I pounded them both way left at the guys getting ready for the pro-am at the pro shop) then proceeded to go for it, landed myself in the creek… probably about 5' short of hitting the green.

Really would like to go back and play that hole again, great finishing hole.

hahahahaha I feel your pain, last time I played that hole I carded a triple, donated a ball in that creek as well (many times).  TPC San Antonio will "humble" your game for sure...

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Agreed - those fairways can look so open, and often times are - but then you (I) think you can slam the driver as hard as you like and voila, the ball is GONE (no reason to go searching amongst the snakes and cactus)

Tim:

Hit me up next time you find yourself in the Alamo city.......

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Archived