Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×
  • Where to Buy Used Golf Clubs

GolfSpy SAM

Hey all!  Another article has hit the main site - and despite it saying it was written by "Forum Staff", I promise it was me - so direct any/all comments at yours truly 😉

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/where-to-buy-cheap-used-golf-clubs/

Hope you enjoy, and happy to hear any thoughts you had (and any obvious ones we missed out on adding (despite it not being a catch-all, it's always good to have great sites for used options)!

-GolfSpy SAM

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

As an unbiased user of golf forums I think 2 of the biggest places to both buy and sell and get the best price were left out.  

Golf forum classified sections are fantastic.  I know ours is down right now and wrx has the biggest one, but still a great place to buy and sell.  The other is the golf club traders group on Facebook.  It has over 166k members and is very active.

With either of those options you will generally sell items for more than you would get from a trade in, and if buying you will usually get a better price than any of the big online used sellers and definitely better than retail.

2 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Nice article, Matt!

I thought I knew about every site there was to buy used clubs, but this was the first time hearing about GolfPartnerUSA. I’ll have to remember that one! 

Same here, I can't believe I'd never heard of GolfPartnerUSA.

Also Matt I should have lead with this, I agree it was a great article!

9 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

As an unbiased user of golf forums I think 2 of the biggest places to both buy and sell and get the best price were left out.  

Golf forum classified sections are fantastic.  I know ours is down right now and wrx has the biggest one, but still a great place to buy and sell.  The other is the golf club traders group on Facebook.  It has over 166k members and is very active.

With either of those options you will generally sell items for more than you would get from a trade in, and if buying you will usually get a better price than any of the big online used sellers and definitely better than retail.

Definitely not disagreeing with either of those suggestions - where were you when I was writing the dang thing ? 😉 

Honestly, so much of these is trying to find the best option for a bunch of non-obsessed golf nerds, and to be honest, even if WRX's classifieds section wasn't JUST on another forum (which I'm not sure how HQ would feel about recommending), I've hated several interactions I've had there, and would not recommend it to most people.  

That being said, I know people have gotten INSANE deals over there, so for the brave amongst this crowd that want to venture over there and deal with ... that ... go for it, lol. 

As for the FB group, that is impressive, but again - for MOST people reading the main site, FB Marketplace would be the place they'd go to buy/sell clubs long before they joined a user group (or forum). 

But definitely appreciate the feedback!

I had never heard of Golf Partner, but will be checking it out.

I can vouch for Global Golf…they are always running some kind of sale and I have gotten some really good deals on clubs.

I also like that you can start the trade in process and apply that credit to an order ahead of them receiving the clubs.  

Great article! I exclusively buy used and highly recommend it any time Im asked IF you do as stated in the article and: you know generally what you need for your game, you do your research extensively, and use common sense when buying. There are a lot of scammers in this market and as long as you ask the right questions and pay attention to red flags you should be fine. FB marketplace/FB club selling groups wasn't mentioned but is also a great option. You do need to be more wary of fake profiles and scams, as it's vetting process for sellers is lenient to nonexistent. Lots of 2 day old Facebook profiles selling sets of brand new irons for stupid low prices should be easy enough to weed out as fake though. 

Very well said! I appreciate you providing me some additional resources for when I’m on the hunt for new sticks.

I have had success finding clubs at the PGA Superstore as well. They have a variety of preowned clubs to choose from and also sell demo clubs when a new line of equipment is released.

For example, When the SM10 was announced they had a bag of demo SM9’s for sale for around $109. The clubs were in good shape compared to the pre owned options.
    -The AI Smoke line was released during this time and they had a bunch of Paradym Drivers, fairway woods and hybrids to choose from last month  

Take advantage of the trackman data provided from the simulator to see what type of club/shaft  fits your play style.
    Tip: Bring your Gamer Ball and Glove too.  They have a solid 30 day performance guarantee return policy just in case you want to test them on the course. 

Callaway Preowned has a different sale each month and sometimes offers an additional 25% off when they blast emails. 

If you live in Las Vegas, Phoenix, or Houston Nellisauction.com has a variety of golf items for a heavily discounted price. I got the Roll a putt Mat for 26 dollars and other gadgets too. 

May the odds be in your favor. 

IMG_2294.jpeg

IMG_2295.jpeg

IMG_2296.jpeg

I've used all of these places and more. 

there is a local place near me under the "worldwide golf shops" umbrella and they have a pretty good selection of stuff and their 90 day no questions asked guarantee can't be beat. I traded in 2 or 3 sets of irons within that 90 day timeframe and they didn't push back at all. 

I wonder where the best place to sell used clubs is? I've always done ebay and haven't had much luck on fb/craigslist/yard sale. trading in is a last ditch effort for me. I've done it a few places and they only give you pennies on the dollar. Frustrating when you see the exact club you're trading in for sale at 120 and they give you 60 for yours, slap a price tag on it and put it in the bin. 

Nearly every club in my bag is from Rock Bottom Golf, or Global Golf, and most of them were purchased used.

I like that you are able to trade in clubs, but it does come with limitations, in that you get the higher value as store credit, but then you are limited to their inventory.  There is a lot of used inventory, but it comes and goes, and you do need to know what you are looking for.

Really enjoyed that this article was part of the newsletter, however, do we really want more golfers in on our secret?  It's getting harder and harder to find quality used equipment out in the real world for yourself or trade value.  I for one, will not be sharing any further secrets !🤣