Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
776 signups
Equipment Type: Shafts
Vendor: TPT

Testers Wanted: TPT Golf Shafts
About TPT Golf

TPT's parent company, NTPT, is more than just a golf company. The Swiss-based company was not initially associated with the golfing world. With a background in making fine watches as well as marine, aerospace, motorsports and aeronautical parts, they transferred that knowledge and experience to the golfing world.

TPT (Thin Ply Technology) has a fully integrated process for making their golf shafts, starting with their resin formulation and extending to the end result of shaft manufacturing. By maintaining control throughout the entire process and using automated processes, TPT shafts offer "no fiber off-axing, no parasitic bending during swings, and tight dispersion" by using continuous winding with "one start, one stop."

TPT recently partnered with L.A.B. Golf to make specialized putter shafts, resulting in two wins on the PGA Tour and one on the Korn Ferry Tour.
The science behind their golf shafts is impressive and has resulted in some bold claims which we want our members to put to the test.

TPT-Driver.jpg
What Is Being Tested?
TPT Golf released a series of golf shafts they call the "Power Range." The Power Range of shafts includes a driver, fairway wood and hybrid shaft meant to deliver a consistent feel in all three, allowing for "each shaft and swing to feel the same."

This is where their "3 shafts,1 feel" slogan comes into play.

"TPT's Fairway Wood Shafts aim to make fairway woods more forgiving and accessible for all players,” the company says. “We designed our fairway woods to achieve a higher ball flight than our driver shafts, improving golfers' performance. Utilizing the same technology as our drivers ensures consistent contact with your fairway woods on the clubface to create consistent results.

TPT-3-in-1.jpg
“About our hybrids: We designed our hybrids to achieve a higher ball trajectory, aligned with our drivers and fairway woods shafts ball flight trajectory. Utilizing the same technology as our drivers and fairway woods, the three shafts will feel the same."

Does all this sound like something you want to test, review and keep?

We are looking for four testers in Texas to be fitted by TPT's lead fitter at their studio. The selected testers will receive three shafts as part of the "3 shafts, 1 feel" motto with a driver, fairway and hybrid shaft.

Think this is for you?

TPT-PurePower.jpg
*Registration ends Feb. 24.
*Testers announced Feb. 26 on the Forum.    
*Testers must be willing to travel at their expense to the TPT fitting location in Texas. (The fitting is included as part of the testing opportunity.)

TPTFeature.jpg

102 Comments

Good luck to all.  I love how MGS has grown its impact to the point where they can provide these incredible opportunities for testing and keeping golf gear.  Keep up the good work.

A higher launch hybrid shaft? I'm in! The main reason I switched to a 7-wood was because it was too much work to get my hybrid up in the air, so these shafts could be a game changer.

I’ve been using the Jupiter 1 shaft in all my woods and have been very happy with the increased distance I received. Would be interested in what these shafts have to offer.

I am amazed at how many people have signed up already. Good luck to all of you Texans heading to Dallas to stand in line. OK, well four of you anyway. Good luck to you all. I'll be very interested to read about your results and how you actually determined what and how you were going to quantify "feel" . I'm not sure how you can get three different types of club heads to feel the same. This is going to be good I think. Good luck folks.

As a Texan (and unabashed shaft ho), it would be an understatement to suggest that I’m intrigued at the prospect of spending one-on-one time with Jon Sinclair in his fitting studio. I’ve been a Matrix/LA Golf hexadecagonal tooling fanatic for a very long time, so it takes something noteworthy in graphite shaft innovation to garner my attention. But I’m willing to admit that the spine eliminating QC implications of TPT’s automated Continuous Fiber rolling process is fascinating

Nonetheless, the thought of breaking down my bonded hosel 3-wood that has been in the bag since 2009, and fought off a fair number of worthy contenders to keep that spot, is mildly terrifying. (DLK hops on eBay and begins browsing backup 3-wood listings to help ease sudden anxiety) I may legit lose some sleep deliberating whether to sign up for this one. And now that I’m worried about it, I’ll probably also have to pull the trigger on an identical backup 3-wood.

“3 SHAFTS, 1 FEEL”

That is certainly a choice. I read through 4 pages and I’m surprised to see no comments on this yet. Are you all holding back? Probably for the best.

That said, this is an awesome test. I could use a new shaft in my driver. I would like to hit my 3 wood higher. I don’t have a hybrid though, and I’m not in TX. Good testing!

Most of my friends and competitors run with TPT shafts in the Nitro Range for Long Drive. I've swung them and easily one of the smoothest and stable shafts at high speeds. If you go to their page and look at the basis of their claims and why they are claiming it, it does make sense. I run with House of Forged and they're close for sure.

16 hours ago, Tripled413 said:

Love the TPT shafts! Have 17 lo Nitro in driver, 18 hi in 3 wood and 4 hybrids, and in my LAB broomstick.  Sure would like to try a 20 or 21 hi.  Hope they release iron shafts in the future.

How do you like the 17 lo? If I get picked for this, I’m thinking I may fit into that. What’s your speed? And I’m also thinking of a LAB MezzMax broom with TPT. How do you like the feel? Can you compare it to the LA Golf? And I’m with you on the iron shafts! (Though I’m happy with my LA Golf) 😁

18 minutes ago, cptnkirkdog said:

How do you like the 17 lo? If I get picked for this, I’m thinking I may fit into that. What’s your speed? And I’m also thinking of a LAB MezzMax broom with TPT. How do you like the feel? Can you compare it to the LA Golf? And I’m with you on the iron shafts! (Though I’m happy with my LA Golf) 😁

Love the 17 lo!  By far the best shaft for me during my fitting of all shafts tried.  Fitter didn’t have the full line of 14-21 but one very happy with the 17 lo.  Swingspeed is mid 90’s.

I have the LA shaft on my Link putter.  It’s solid, no complaints. But I’d buy the TPT every time over. Feels more responsive but yet just the perfect amount of firmness.  LAB definitely hypes up that TPT is their best shaft offering.

On 2/20/2024 at 10:22 AM, CorporateGolfRat said:

The testing continues!!! So many awesome products this year already. 

Man, I read up even more after walking through their products and it's some cool tech they are leading with. I wonder if the lack of kick point will have testers altering their swings? I myself use the stiffest shafts available on the market. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.