Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,996 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Byrdie Golf Design

BGD-TestersWanted.jpg

Testers Wanted!

It can be hard to keep track of all the new brands being introduced into the golfing market. Equally, it is very difficult for those same brands to get noticed. For this testers wanted opportunity, we are introducing Byrdie Golf Design, a company focused more on building golf clubs for a community of golfers looking to enjoy the sport without spending a fortune.

BGD-3.jpg

Byrdie Golf Design Clubs

We have a unique testing opportunity with Byrdie Golf Design where products across their whole lineup will be put to the test. This includes the BGD Essential full bag of golf clubs.

Within their line of golf clubs, Byrdie Golf offers The Gilmore Collection that includes a driver and fairway wood, as well as several iron sets. We have four iron sets that are being made available for testing (The OG, Vandal, Goat, and Divot Collections). Finally, applicants can register for the Byrdie Golf Design Grind wedges.

Byrdie Golf Design has put a focus on the amateur golfer, which is evident by the Club Finder Quiz. The quiz is less analytical and more focused on who you are as a golfer. There is a clear tone when taking the quiz that golf should be fun and enjoyable. While the products definitely matter, the enjoyment of being on the course and part of the golfing community should be a high priority.

BGD-2.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

We are seeking four golfers to test, review, and keep one of the available Byrdie Golf Design products. We want to know how these products perform and how the golf clubs stack up given their value price. Should these be the next set for golfers looking to enter the sport? Or can they hold their weight with the bigger brands? We want you to tell us!

Ready to be our next tester?

BGD-1.jpg

*Open to members in North America
*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected
*Registration closes Mar. 22
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Mar. 26

BGD-4.jpg

116 Comments

I love to rep the unknown niche brand. The designs look good. Sign me up as a tester to rep the old guy demo

Really like seeing the new brands coming to market although I wonder how much of its own R&D some of them are doing.  These do look nice.  Good luck, everyone!

Saw these on social media feed, just after I had got a new set of irons. Good luck to those that are selected, can't wait to read results or possibly do the write up myself 😜. Happy flag hunting all!

Good luck to those that applied. This has been a week of being introduced to new products for me, so thanks.

I’ll be honest I haven’t heard of this DTC brand until today. I’d love to rate these against my Maltby’s forged TE. Good luck to all who have participated 

Thisbvould be really interesting.  Have never really tried a brand that was not one of the major brands. Would love to see how they stack up. Seeing YouTube guys Bustajack play with different brands like Takomo irons is cool. 

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

When we put the call out there was a significant number of members that wanted not only new brands, but also clubs that would work for higher handicaps. Even so more catered to those just starting and so on. Now Byrdie Golf Design offers a wide range for all types of golfers, but their story and products is one that deserves a shout out. Unique designs, good looking clubs and prices that beat out just about everyone else. 

We are really happy to bring Byrdie Golf Design to our member testing platform and get their gear in the hands of our testers. 

Want to see and view more of their products? 

https://shop.byrdiegolf.com/ 

Have fun all and looking forward to your comments below!

Those Vandal irons are some of the nicest I’ve seen! Really cool looking company, best of luck all, thanks to Byrdie Golf and MGS for this awesome opportunity!

I would love to test out a new set comparing them to the bombtech 4.0 set I currently use. I love up and coming company's especially ones that look like they will go far in their sport. 

Love the black irons! Look so good standing over them. Reminds me of my old black Cleveland RTX wedges.

Amazing looking clubs!!    What a great opportunity to test these before the world knows about them!!   

Never heard of this brand but they are up their with the looks! Love to see the performance.

Honestly never heard of them but I like the “Adam Scott” styling to their logo. Thanks for offering up another fantastic testing opportunity!!! Interested to see how these are reviewed.

I am looking for a new set of irons this year and am thinking of a DTC company. I really love the look of the Vandal iron set and would love to be able to try them out and give some feedback. Using an older set of Mizuno MP30 that have a great feel and to me are pretty forgiving, would like to see how a set like Byrdie would compare.

While they are nice looking clubs, the ones picked for me doing their "get to know", all have very weak lofts compared to what the big OEM's offer.  All you young flat bellies with 100+ swing speed can handle those lofts, but shall we say us more seasoned (old as dirt) players need ALL the help distance wise that we can get. Good luck to those entered.

Good luck to all that applied, I would love the opportunity to compare these with the Callaway's I currently play with.

ALWAYS on the hunt for ways to improve my game.  It is REALLY in the tank at the moment and I cannot think of a better way to get re-energized than being selected to test a new brand/product.  Good luck to all who have signed up .... hope this opportunity provides me an avenue to more involvement in The Forum.  Empty bag below just waiting for something new!!

Off to look at Byrdie Golf Design website!!  Hit 'em straight!!

70257567453__3AD4FD8D-5712-4FB8-9DF7-615E66745B19.jpeg

They all look great, but I'd really like to try the GOAT set, they look amazing! Very similar to my old Hogan Apex 50's that I had regrooved, rechromed and redetailed three times. 

My wedges are going to be replaced this year. I would really like to try these during game action. They look great.

These clubs look really nice and it'll be interesting to see what the tester's opinions say about their playability. I applaud the new wave of DTC golf club companies, especially those that include senior and mid/high handicap players. I checked out their site and noticed that they don't offer senior shafts in their clubs. I just emailed Byrdie Glof Designs to see if they do or can offer them. It would make sense if their target golfers include senior and mid/high handicap golfers. I will post their response for those interested. 

See the above comment for reference. This is the response that Nick form Byrdie Golf Design sent me (within 30 seconds of my email)

This should be good news for those of us older guys.

Nick Byrd

11:16 AM (12 minutes ago)

to me

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your interest. Our regular graphite shafts are on the lighter side. They were designed for beginners, seniors and ladies. The Albatross collection and Divot collection have those shafts as an option.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks, Nick Byrd

CEO

Byrdie Golf Designs

Byrdiegolf.com

Instagram

This Test is now closed to further comments.