Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,681 signups
Equipment Type: Rain Gear
Vendor: Galway Bay

Testers Wanted!

2.jpg

Galway Bay recently released a new jacket and pants with an impressive 30,000 waterproof rating, double that of their previous rating. They claim that, despite this impressive improvement, the fabric remains breathable and comfortable and does not restrict movement during any round. 

In  previous MyGolfSpy rain gear testing, Galway Bay performed well and been recognized for its value and quality. Their rain pant is notable because it does not go over existing pants but is meant to be worn on their own. 

1.jpg

Straight From Galway Bay:

Galway Bay says: “We designed our Performance Outerwear to be versatile, comfortable, and fashionable. Galway Bay provides protection from the wind and rain while still allowing players to take an unrestricted swing. 

“All Galway Bay jackets and pants are made from our proprietary fabric, Galway Bay Hydro-Flex 32. This breakthrough material is a three-layer fabric with double durable water repellent coating, including Teflon, that’s designed to not only keep water from getting in but to allow sweat to get out.” 

3.jpg

What is Being Tested: 

We are searching for four golfers who aren’t scared of some bad weather golfing. These selected golfers will be fitted with the new Galway Bay Renvyle Golf Rain Jacket and Claddagh China Rain Pant for testing and review. 

The best part? You get to keep all of it once you are finished. 

With three-layer fabric to block wind and rain that is soft and quiet, these new designs look to allow golfers to play and look their best no matter the conditions. 

If you enjoy playing in the wind and rain, then this is the opportunity for you! 

4.jpg

* Registration closes April 4. 

* Testers will be announced on the Forum April 9. 

* Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected for testing. 

* This testing opportunity is open to all golfers in North America and the UK.

148 Comments

Parkland Scotland in the Spring would be an ideal test environment for the Galway rain gear. Horizontal rain, wet long grass, soggy fairways.

Over the years I had accumulated a wide collection of water proofs that now I have lost weight I have sold some of them

• Galvin Green
  • Sunderland
  • ProQuip
  • Benross
  • Stubbart

At the moment I'm Callaway, I've purloined my son's waterproof trousers which are a really good fit and alternate between a Stormlite and Stormguard top. Stormlite in warm weather and Stormguard when its colder.

For me it is always a trade off between comfort and looks, I hate wearing bad fitting waterproofs they look bad and for me make me play bad.

I was pick last year to test and review this companies products. I can tell you the materials are amazing! Not just for rain, I am able to play in 40° and wind with nothing under the pants and a cold weather shirt under the jacket.  Where as my playing group some times look like the Ralphie's little brother from the Christmas story!!!🤔😂😂😂 

20231102_172904.jpg

Florida rain comes in sheets and winds that push rain in to a cart sideways, there is no escaping it when it comes down hard. I have not found any gear that keeps me warm and dry all by itself before and would love to test it here in Southeastern Florida.

What a great opportunity to test high quality rain gear. Everyone needs a good set of rain gear. Will it keep you truly dry from the elements, yet is breathable so you don’t feel like you’ve been in a sauna. Interested to hear the well chosen testers comments, thoughts and recommendations. So, who is willing to get wet?
image.jpeg.1b62ef0b11a6177b5415932705f99a81.jpeg

Have searching for the perfect rain gear for years. Can't seem to find the right combination of fit, protection and price.  Just want a rain suit that does what it says it will do!

Philadelphia cannot compete with Scotland or Ireland for bad weather, but I play in all but the most extreme rain.  Also, I play for my club in the Golf Association of Philadelphia interclub team matches.  Anyone who as played in them knows they have at least one Sunday that is unplayable due to extreme downpours but we have to finish.  I also play in cold and wind all winter long, I am seeking out some good weather gear. 

With the rainy season approaching SW Florida, I’d love to try out new rain gear as mine is ancient. Rain here can come in torrents at a moment's notice. 

As a walker it is important to have good rain gear as you have no covered cart to protect you.  The rain suit must also allow you to swing easily and not be overly restrictive or heavy.   I am unfamiliar with Galway but always looking for something with good quality and comfort.

Would love to try some rain gear that is breathable.  Looked into purchasing the rain pants from Galway several months ago, but did not because of price.

This Test is now closed to further comments.