Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,614 signups
Equipment Type: Driver Shaft
Vendor: AutoFlex

Introduction

1.jpg

The world of premium golf shafts is extensive and complicated. As the emphasis on proper fittings in golf has grown, so has the arrival of more competitors. One such company is Autoflex.

Who Is Autoflex?

Established in 2009 in Korea, Autoflex now is available in more than 40 countries. They promote their Korea Hidden Technology made by Dumina Designs which includes their patented combination of high-quality carbon fiber and additional proprietary materials to create a lightweight shaft with less distortion. 

Autoflex bucks the concept of traditional flexes and goes with a system that is more based on driver clubhead speed with six different shafts to match a golfer's swing.

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

For this testing opportunity, we are selecting eight golfers to test, review and keep a new AutoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft. 

The new AutoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft comes in five colors and is their first shaft to include the seconnd generation of Korea Hidden Technology. With a new tip section for enhanced performance, AutoFlex claims this is the future of driver shafts. 

We want you to put these claims to the test. Tell us how they perform and give us cold hard data to show how they stack up against your gamer driver shaft. Are these really the future of what driver shafts will be? 

Want to be our next tester for the new AutoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft?

2.jpg

• Registration closes April 18.
  • Testers will be announced on the Forum April 23.
  • Testing opportunity open to golfers worldwide.
  • Must be a registered Forum member to be considered for selection.

219 Comments

45 minutes ago, Autoflexusa said:

CPM 205/Weight 59grams/Swing Speed 90-105:

Hope this helps!!!

Should have read 50 grams…sorry for the typo

Thanks. 

A friend of mine has one of these shafts, hit pretty decent the one time I hit it.  Would like to try over an extend period of time in my current driver.

This would be a awesome birthday present for me this year.  I've always wondered if different driver shafts would make as big of a difference as they say. Ive never been fitted for any club and just go to the store and hit the clubs on the sim and what ever feels best and I hit the best I get.  Has always worked good for me up until the 3 wood I just got.  In the sim I was crushing balls on the course not so much.

I've played their gen 1 shafts in a few drivers, and 3 woods.

Would love to see the difference !

I have played the AutoFlex in a SIM2 Max driver for 3 years.  I took the PXG driver challenge this year and after multiple attempts, the fitter said he couldn't beat it.  It is expensive but I think I'm saving money by not switching drivers or shafts trying to find the holy grail.  Now there is a new and better AutoFlex leading me into temptation. 

I Would love to test this but I a partly afraid I will like it too much. the old one was like $750 how much is the new one?

13 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

@GolfSpy_BEN claimed this as the test he is most intrigued by this season. I am very much as well! Never actually thought we would have AutoFlex as a part of our member test and am thrilled to see them take part. This should be a fun one and looking forward to seeing the results from the fortunate testers as well!

For all those signing up - want to guarantee a selection either now or in the future? Read this thread - How To Be A Tester Guide

You guys kill it year over year, such an awesome opportunity for everyone here! Big shout out to MGS and Autoflex for this incredible opportunity!

I have always been interested in these shafts.  As a "token Senior," I would LOVE to try the SF305 model in the Black and Orange color combination.  I have never had the opportunity to swing a sub-40 gram shaft (and accordingly, there are not many!)  I would be more than happy to test and write a thorough review to "represent" my segment of the golfing public!!

Having tried Trpx, Roddio and Syncagraphite brands from Japan, I would be interested to see if there are any major differences in feel to the Autoflex. Have seen them, but never had the opportunity to play them .. Imo Syncagraphite (Loop) offering is one of the nicest feeling shafts I have put into play... Even better than any G/Design  model. 

Fingers crossed I get the call... 

Good luck to all those who have entered.. 🍀🍀🍀

Would love to give one of these a try--I'm curious to see how they truly work in real world conditions.  I'm a high swing speed golfer and have always wondered how a change from the conventional wisdom (ultra stiff, low torque, low launch) might affect my drives (both distance and dispersion).  The forum discussions in the 'Otto phlex' field are quite intriguing, so would also be very interested to see some of those scientists integrate the real things into their independent testing as well.

Hit one once. It was really different but that one drive ended up right next to the one I hit with my driver. Would like to see how the shaft performs in my Ping G410 LST, which could be a Ping G430 by the time of selection. 

This test would be like both my dream and my nightmare. I’m one of those unfortunate souls that simply cannot leave my driver alone: I’m prone to tinkering with loft sleeve settings, weight placement, and even changing the shaft. I’m on my 3rd different one in 18 months 🫣

Definitely would love to give this a go however. Have just invested in a range membership at the local country club to go along with a rapsodo launch monitor.

Extremely interested in trying one of these shafts. I’ve been tinkering for a while and my old Fujikura Atmos has always won out. The Otto phlex threads have had me wondering about lighter but haven’t actually tried it yet either. 
Thanks for doing this. I’ll be watching and reading anxiously if I don’t actually get to be a tester. 

Years ago I found an article on this shaft and manufacturer out of Korea, so I did research and got in-touch with the rep who lived in Florida, and I happened to be going there for a meeting so we set-up a fitting at a range in Orlando. This was the precursor to the Autoflex, their first release… Would be cool to put an up-to-date option to the test in my new 10k!!!!

Would like to see how it performs against my Ventus with velocore. I thought about giving it a go durning fitting, but they didn't have it.

Would really like to test these against my gamer (Motore X F3) to see if they live up to the hype!

What a great opportunity and cool shaft, have not swung one but so many rave about it here I am sure these will be great!

Good luck all!

This Test is now closed to further comments.