Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,957 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Titleist

TWFeature.jpg

Titleist has introduced the GT Drivers and fairways, signifying Generational Technology, marking a significant shift in materials, construction, and performance from their previous TS models. Despite appearances suggesting minimal change, substantial advancements lie beneath the surface.

Titleist's goal was to enhance performance without altering the familiar look and feel. This approach ensures that players have a familiarity with their clubs year over year while hopefully experiencing performance gains. The GT models feature refined aerodynamics, with changes focused on the underside to reduce drag and increase speed, notably through the raised aft section.

Tony Covey and Chris Nickel have done full breakdowns and articles on both the drivers and fairway woods which can be found here drivers) and here (fairway woods). Here is a brief overview to whet your appetite.

TitleistGT.jpg

The New GT Line

The introduction of Split Mass Construction redistributes weight to the driver’s perimeter, enhancing stability and optimizing performance. Additionally, the GT lineup incorporates a seamless thermoform composite crown, marking a departure from previous designs. This innovative crown integrates a Proprietary Matrix Polymer (PMP), improving acoustics and mimicking the sound of titanium.

The GT drivers emphasize lowering the center of gravity, promoting consistent spin rates and enhancing forgiveness. Titleist’s Speed Ring with Variable Face Thickness (VFT) face technology aims to boost speed across the face, catering to off-center hits.

Titleist offers three GT driver models models (GT2, GT3, GT4) and two GT fariway wodo models (GT2 and GT3)

Each model maintains a familiar look but with significant improvements in speed, consistency, and overall performance. Titleist's approach ensures that while much has evolved, the essence of the driver remains unchanged, catering to both average golfers and Tour pros. The new GT family embodies the philosophy of advancing technology without compromising the core attributes that define Titleist drivers.

TitleistGT2.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are searching for four golfers to test, review and keep a GT driver and fairway wood from Titleist. Testers will be fit through a Titleist certified fitter and will receive the clubs which they are fit for. 

Titleist has made some bolder claims with this line, and the name indicates this is a big leap forward. So can it be true? We want to see how this new line performs in the hands of our members and everyday golfers. 

*Go to https://www.titleist.com/gt-metals 
*Build your set and post screenshot of results/dream set!

*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum members. 
*Registration closes Aug 7.
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Aug 13. 

1,041 Comments

The only thing I need is help off the tee and I’ve been eying the tsr for months but still can’t afford it:/ this would be awesome!

IMG_2162.png

Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think I've known about this one for 6 weeks... it has not been easy. 

PXG came together only a week or so prior so that was a heck of a lot easier. 

Jamie…you guys have been able to put together the best run of testing opportunities I’ve ever seen.

Cheers to the entire staff for the relationships you’ve built during your time.

The credibility that the forum and MGS brand has earned is making for very exciting times.  Good work 🙂

I've always been a "Titleist guy" so this test is awesome to me. I've owned the 915 and currently play the TS2 driver with the 915 fd fairway so I'd love to see how these compare to those metals. Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to see the reviews if I don't get to be a reviewer myself. 

Screenshot_20240802-103530.png.3c29a8a0529c5867030dff6e5384d366.pngScreenshot_20240802-104006.png.4e551841e804069c23d75355391e07ac.png

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think I've known about this one for 6 weeks... it has not been easy. 

PXG came together only a week or so prior so that was a heck of a lot easier. 

You weren’t lying when you said it would be an epic few weeks for test opportunities!

23 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Jamie…you guys have been able to put together the best run of testing opportunities I’ve ever seen.

Cheers to the entire staff for the relationships you’ve built during your time.

The credibility that the forum and MGS brand has earned is making for very exciting times.  Good work 🙂

We aren't done yet!

10 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

You weren’t lying when you said it would be an epic few weeks for test opportunities!

So funny story. The mod staff didn't know about this test until I told them during our round at RNK. Had to be very careful not to say anything too loud haha

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

We aren't done yet!

So funny story. The mod staff didn't know about this test until I told them during our round at RNK. Had to be very careful not to say anything too loud haha

You did well!  I was in the cart with you and didn’t hear anything…but was also in the woods and long grass looking for my ball while you were in the fairway!  So there was plenty of time for you guys to discuss while I wasn’t close!

Is it really as forgiving and fast as they say it is? I dunno... But to be given such an awesome opportunity is a testament to the MGS team for working out such amazing opportunities. Well done!

And good luck to everyone!

Screenshot_20240802_231637_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg

12 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

You did well!  I was in the cart with you and didn’t hear anything…but was also in the woods and long grass looking for my ball while you were in the fairway!  So there was plenty of time for you guys to discuss while I wasn’t close!

If I'd been there, it would be like "see you on the green, eventually." 🤣😪

After playing a TS2 4-wood for close to 6 years, and experimenting with a TSi1 driver that didn’t work out well for me (I ended up putting a shorter shaft in it and adding about 16 grams of weight to the clubhead), I became more of a “Titleist convert” in the fairway wood category when the TSR models came out, at least in the fairway woods. Currently residing in my bag are a TSR2 13* 3+ wood, along with a TSR2 7-wood. When I drop my 3-hybrid in favor of a 5-wood, I go with my TSi3 5-wood with a Ventus TR Red 7S shaft.  These clubs, plus a TSR2 4-wood that I bought to replace the old TS2 model that finally cracked on the face/crown seam after 5+ years and about 450 rounds of golf, are the only Titleist clubs that I play. The only time that my TSR2 4-wood sees any action is when I drop both the strong 3-wood and the 5-wood/3-hybrid from my bag in favor of an additional higher lofted hybrid, driving iron, or extra wedge.

I didn’t even sign up for this opportunity because I knew that I would never be selected after participating in two tests in the last 15 months, including one just 4 months ago. However, it would be really great to see whether the new Titleist GT models provide even better performance than the already-stellar results that I get from the TSR and TSi models that I game.

BTW, I played with some of my regular golfing partners on Tuesday and they were really surprised (shocked, even!) that I didn’t have my old TS2 4-wood in the bag. I explained that this TS fairway wood had finally “given up the ghost” due to the cracked clubhead. My playing partner said he was hoping whatever club I replaced it with worked well, as we were playing our regular Tuesday money game (no worries, as the replacement club was performing great, and we won the match by 6 points).

Titleist & MGS at it again with an incredible opportunity that will be fun to see the results of!!

Big claims from Titleist here!

GT3dr.png

GT3fw.png

Titleist & MGS at it again with an incredible opportunity that will be fun to see the results of!!

GT3dr.png

GT3fw.png

GT3dr.png

GT3fw.png

There's one thing I genuinely LOVE about the new Titleist GT2 fairway woods.

They don't make a 3+, 3, and 3HL wood as if even wood numbers were a concept from outer space.

Even though Titleist doesn't stamp fairway wood numbers at all, another good thing,
they catalog their woods as 2, 3, and 4-woods....just like a serious, grownup clubmaker
marketing to serious, grownup players.

This Test is now closed to further comments.