Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,342 signups
Equipment Type: Grips
Vendor: Lamkin

Lamkin Sonar+ Black & UTX Blue/Green Grips

image.png

Lamkin has been making high quality golf grips since 1925 and continues to develop key innovations that result in more power, consistency, and accuracy for all golfers.  We are looking for eight golfers to test Lamkin's newest grips for 2023 in the SONAR+ BLACK and UTX BLUE/GREEN grips.  

image.png image.png

SONAR+ BLACK

COMFORT. CONNECTION. POWER.

This beautiful grip, with a deceptively minimalist appearance, is constructed from our incredibly comfortable and durable Genesis Material. Combined with the refined texture and unforgettable touch of our Fingerprint Technology, the result is a remarkably long-lasting grip with an enhanced feel and strong connection that truly feels like no other.

image.png 

image.png

UTX BLUE & UTX GREEN

THE INDUSTRY’S FIRST AND ONLY CORDED GRIP WITH A TACK FEEL

UTX is our fastest-growing grip on tour, with multiple wins across the major tours. Positioned as our “tack-cord,” this industry-first, tour-validated grip will serve golfers looking to gain confidence by securing connection to the club with its unique Tri-Layer material technology and ‘X’ pattern cord texture. The result is the same traction, moisture control, and enhanced feel trusted by tour pros around the world.

image.png

image.png

For this test we are looking for 8 MGS Forum Members to test these new Lamkin Grips.

4 Testers - Lamkin Sonar+ Black (Standard, Midsize, or Oversize)

4 Testers - Lamkin UTX Blue or Green (Standard or Midsize)

This Test is open to all US Forum Members!  Testers will be expected to have their clubs regripped at their own expense.

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

108 Comments

1 minute ago, kyleagrant said:

Was just at golf galaxy the other day looking at the blue UTX grips, seem like a really solid option. Will be excited to see the testers reviews on this one!

The green ones look great… don’t really match my clubs but I’m still tempted to try a few. The Sonar + Black will likely win out for me though. 

Cant wait to read these reviews. I've been contemplating new grips just to get the whole bag the same but can't decide what to do. 

I have been so interested in the UTX line. I do all my own builds and occasionally do some costom work for friends and family and I honestly finds grips to be the toughest decision to pull the trigger on. They can be so expensive and only have a limited life-span with the amount I play. 

I have always loved the idea of corded grips, but havent been able to convert back to them since I was a kid. with the humid and new england summers they really are prob the best performance option for me, but I have a hard time transitioning from tour velvets or crossline styles.

These UTX green also happen to be the perfect color for my set of gamers that I just finished building but I am dieing to get the MCC grips that were already on the shafts off, my all time least favorite grip lol

On 6/22/2023 at 11:04 AM, GolfSpy BOS said:

So who wants to get some fresh grips for the rest of the year?  Come on now... we all know you're overdue to change them, might as well see if these Lamkin's work as well for you as they have for me

Gotta ask, because I don't see it specified... If selected, how many? Is the testing expectation to do a full set, or just a few clubs? I'm intrigued, but not sure if I should even try to sign up -- definitely don't want to swap out my wedge grips, and would prefer to just do long game (for me, 3-5 grips). If it's full set, I'll hold back. 

(Sorry, phone went nuts and copy/pasted this multiple times)

36 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

The green ones look great… don’t really match my clubs but I’m still tempted to try a few. The Sonar + Black will likely win out for me though. 

I am all about the green ones or the blue. Will match the Notre Dame head covers. 

Tried Lamkin grip many years ago and they wore out considerably faster than the Golf Pride Grips that I had been using at that time.  I am now still using the Golf Pride but they are mid size New Decade grips.  I would like to try the Lamkin and compare them against Golf Pride.

UTX looks intriguing, love having more corded options... for me the Crossline cord is the goat, at least until Golf Pride decides to re-release the arrow cord grips!

18 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Gotta ask, because I don't see it specified... If selected, how many? Is the testing expectation to do a full set, or just a few clubs? I'm intrigued, but not sure if I should even try to sign up -- definitely don't want to swap out my wedge grips, and would prefer to just do long game (for me, 3-5 grips). If it's full set, I'll hold back. 

(Sorry, phone went nuts and copy/pasted this multiple times)

It’s a set, not sure if that’s 13 or like 7-8 for irons… I’ll find out!

I would love to test these out, I have always played Golf Pride Tour Wrap but I think it would be interesting to try something new. 

Been wanting to see how the Sonars compare against the Golf Pride CPX grips for that soft but functional grip category so very interested to see how this one plays out! 

Big fan of Lamkin grips, especially the UTX.  They provide great tack and grip, and a secure hold on the club for people (like me) with sweaty mitts.  Somehow Lamkin figured out how to make a cord grip that feels like one but doesn't chew thru gloves like a dog with a piece of rawhide.  Being Irish, I like the look of that Green one ☘️

Have been trying to become a tester for awhile now. I have never been selected. I’m not sure if there is something specific I need to do or what. I like lamkin grips and have played them often. I would love to get to rest the black grips. Thanks for any advice on getting selected. My conditions are usually very dry so I haven’t needed corded grips which is why I have liked the lamkin wraps in the past. 

Right now I'm trying to decide on what to replace the old Z5 hybrid grips on my irons -- UTX are a candidate.  Long time Lamkin user.  Already have a couple of Sonar+ blacks in use.  Will regrip them myself.  What's the count?  (too bad there are no ST+2's to test)

Interested in the Sonar+Black grips. I am looking at Winn grips now and these look pretty similar to what I am leaning to, as I will be replacing soon.  Good Luck to all that get selected, and look forward to reading your results.

Hit em long and straight !

Been a Lamkin user for as long as I can remember but want to try the new UTX prior to purchasing new grips and golf pride has good options too 

10 hours ago, Edbmc said:

Have been trying to become a tester for awhile now. I have never been selected. I’m not sure if there is something specific I need to do or what. I like lamkin grips and have played them often. I would love to get to rest the black grips. Thanks for any advice on getting selected. My conditions are usually very dry so I haven’t needed corded grips which is why I have liked the lamkin wraps in the past. 

This thread is the best place to start. Welcome to the forum.

What great timing. Just last weekend I realized that my grips seem to have started to wear down at an accelerated pace. I was hoping to make it to the off-season but would gladly do it sooner. I had been slowly converting to Lamkin Crossline as needed but am absolutely willing to try other models.

If I used a glove on my irons the Sonar would be really interesting to test but the UTX blue looks really sweet. Glad to see some technological steps being made in the grip market!

This Test is now closed to further comments.