Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Royal Collection Line - Coming to U.S.

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

2024914.jpg

2024916.jpg

Royal Collection USA, the exclusive distributor for premier tour caliber Japanese golf equipment, announced today that a full line of Royal Collection golf equipment will be available soon in the U.S.

Since its inception in 1992, Royal Collection (RC) has had a strong following of Tour Players and top amateurs worldwide and is especially well known for its fairway wood sole configuration called the "Driving Cavity". The Driving Cavity refers to the horseshoe shaped cavity seen on the soles of the RC fairway woods and hybrids. A well known Tour Player from South Africa and his RC fairway wood captured several PGA and European Tour victories, in the late nineties which catapulted the popularity of the RC brand on Tour. Since then, RC fairway woods have helped capture several victories including majors like the Open Championships in 2000 and 2004. In Japan, on the JPGA Tour, Royal Collection has been #1 in fairway woods and hybrids category, according to the Darrell Survey, for the past seven consecutive years. Soon, the same design and technology that has captured numerous victories on the PGA, European and Japan Golf Tours over the past 18 years will be available to golfers here in the U.S.

Royal Collection debuted its products on the PGA Tour last week at the Wyndam Championship in Greensboro, NC. The reception to the return of the one of the most successful fairway woods and hybrids was astounding. "There was a long list of players that were excited to see their favorite products return to the Tour," said Royal Collection's PGA Tour Rep, Josh Trivett.

In addition to the fairway woods and hybrids they are so well known for, RC plans on introducing a full line of equipment including drivers, iron sets, and wedges.

#TruthDigest

Yes I have some Sonartec (AKA Royal Collection from Japan) hybrid's and a fairway

that I use to do my ball testing with and they have always been a solid performer.

Boz.

Vision Golf Ball Concepts & Designs by The Atanak Co Australia (1980 - 2016)

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Collection woods and hybrids are as good as it gets. Excellent quality, solid, and long. They are typically a better players club, but have introduced clubs that anyone can play over the last couple of years. They should be received well on tour. They will probably have a following like Fourteen, TEE, and the old Sonartec. I know it does not mean much here, but it's the #1 fairway wood on the Japanese tour.

• 5 months later...

A buddy of mine is the VP of sales for Royal Collection USA, and he stopped in to show us the line. I have some pics of the entire line, and will post them at some point today.. Pretty good stuff. The driver is extremely low spin. Nobody in my shop could keep it in the air.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

still trying

try this

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

I can only get a picture of an iron.

Driver-Wishon 715CLC- AXE5 A shaft tipeed 1/2"
Fairway -Sonartec SS-02 17*-SS Series Penley Regular shaft
Hybrid-21 & 25 degree Trident DSW Hybrid-UST Irod regular shaft
(2009 version)
Irons- 5-PW-Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release sensicore R(5&6 soft stepped,-7,8 and 9 normal and PW hard stepped)
Wedges-52-Wilson Staff JP II BeCu(Bent from 54*) TT Release R   hard stepped

56-Wilson Sandy Andy BeCu-TT Release R tipped same as 8 iron

60-Wilson Harmonized BeCu-(shaft same as 56*)
Putter-Nickent Tour Prototype Milled #1-35.5"-5* loft-74*Lie

I can only get a picture of an iron.

Likewise.

It's a good looking iron though.

Would it be safe to say that Royal Collection and Sonartec are the same clubs with different names ? They look so much alike to my eyes.

Shambles

Sorry Still working on getting the pics up. I am pretty computer stupid. I could Email them to someone...

• 3 weeks later...

That 3 wood looks just like my Sonartec SS 3.5. I thought sonartec (when they were still a going concern) were an American company.

Cobra S2 9.5 with Aldila Voodoo reg.

Sonartec SS 3.5 14* with Fuji tour platform.

TM V-Steel 18* 5 wood with stock reax stiff shaft.

Sonartec HB-001 21* hybrid with graphite design stiff.

4-pw KZG Evolution irons with Rifle 5.0 Flighted.

TM rac gap wedge 52/8 with DG wedge flex.

Mizuno MPT 10 56* sw with DG wedge flex.

Knockoff 2 ball putter.

ProV1 or Bridgestone 330RX.

RC did make some clubs under license for Sonartec, well most of them actually. RC has never really entered the US market, but with the demise of Sonartec and willing market. It now seems they will give it a shot.

Link to the origin and demise of Sonartec

http://www.golfweek.com/news/2002/feb/26/sonartec-demise-of-a-dream/

I have a revolving WITB policy.

Thanks for the link Dave. Interesting stuff. I also have 2 Sonartec 5 woods and 2 hb-001 hybrids. I wouldn't part with any of them.

Cobra S2 9.5 with Aldila Voodoo reg.

Sonartec SS 3.5 14* with Fuji tour platform.

TM V-Steel 18* 5 wood with stock reax stiff shaft.

Sonartec HB-001 21* hybrid with graphite design stiff.

4-pw KZG Evolution irons with Rifle 5.0 Flighted.

TM rac gap wedge 52/8 with DG wedge flex.

Mizuno MPT 10 56* sw with DG wedge flex.

Knockoff 2 ball putter.

ProV1 or Bridgestone 330RX.

RC did make some clubs under license for Sonartec, well most of them actually. RC has never really entered the US market, but with the demise of Sonartec and willing market. It now seems they will give it a shot.

Link to the origin and demise of Sonartec

http://www.golfweek.com/news/2002/feb/26/sonartec-demise-of-a-dream/

That was a very well researched and written article. I suppose the writer must have gotten close to one or both protagonists.

Shambles

Thanks for the link Dave. Interesting stuff. I also have 2 Sonartec 5 woods and 2 hb-001 hybrids. I wouldn't part with any of them.

I have 19' hb-001 lying around here as well somewhere. Pretty sure I used to own an MD at some point as well.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

Archived