Delofting clubs

First of all, welcome to MGS forums. Interesting first post.

Point 1, don't care! It doesn't matter what loft is on any club or what club anyone uses to chase the small ball on the big ball

Point 2, unless your driver is damaged you would only change when YOU wanted a new one, same as any product you own like a car, tv etc

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

There is nothing wrong with that if it fits your game and style. Remember if you jack a club too much you go to messing with things like bounce and offset in the hosel. It affects different brands and basic designs of clubs in different ways. It may also alter ball flight due again to basic club design and shaft. In some of my sets I may have some of the clubs delofted to get the trajectory and ball flight I want. My general rule of thumb is that I do not vary more than 2* either way from the manufacturers published loft specs. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Completely agree with Stu.

You can actually get close to negative bounce de-lofting the type of low bounce lob wedge that I play.

That would give you essentially a cart path or parking lot only club. (Somebody might actually want that!)

With all the wedge options available, it should be unnecessary to do that.

Changing lofts a degree or two to fine tune gapping or trajectory on "numbered irons" is usually pretty safe, though. Quite a few linksters do that.

Welcome to My Golf Spy!

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Welcome to My Golf Spy from the PNW!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Welcome to MGS!

Be careful not to tinker to much that you start to damage/throw off the bounce of the club. If you really want more distance look at newer clubs to give you that, but I would suggest playing within your distances and your game.

Driver:    :ping-small: i20 8.5*, Project X Blue, stiff

Fairway Woods:   :taylormade-small: r9 3W 15*, r9 5W 19* Fujikura Motore 70 stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: i210's 4-UW

Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 55* :callaway-small: MD3 Milled S Grind 60* 

Putter:    :ping-small: B60i Isopur

Archived