Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Hooked face on my Spider putter

Question to the club makers;  Could a grip put on a little off center cause the putter face to be hooked?  Any way to fix this without having a new grip put on?  I've had 2 grips, both SS 3.0,  put on at Dick's and the darn face still looks hooked.  My friends agree.  Thanks.

Callaway Epic driver, 3 and 5 metals

Callaway Epic Steelhead 4 hybrid

Callaway XR steelhead 5 - GW

Callaway 54 and 58 Mac Daddy wedges

Evnroll 2C blade

Currently playing Snell MTB-X golf balls

43 minutes ago, oldpro1946 said:

Question to the club makers;  Could a grip put on a little off center cause the putter face to be hooked?  Any way to fix this without having a new grip put on?  I've had 2 grips, both SS 3.0,  put on at Dick's and the darn face still looks hooked.  My friends agree.  Thanks.

I would go to a fitter or club pro and get the putter head alignment checked otherwise you could be tweaking it all day.

I had a fang #7 that sat closed, couldn't use it for life or money. I also have a vicino spider that sits 1-2 degrees open, it had a new grip put on so it could be that, but best check with a professional.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

41 minutes ago, oldpro1946 said:

Not a club maker,  but yes,  grips can be put on to have the face of the putter be open or closed.   Does the putter appear hooked when  you are at setup or when you are holding in off the ground as well?   If it is just when it is on the ground,  it probably isn't the grip,  it could be how you have the putter soled and it just rolls closed when you setup.  Putters are designed to be soled in a particular way to sit square and some are just more susceptible to rolling open or closed if not in the right position.   

If you want to ckeck,  put the club in a vise and use levels to make sure the  face and grip are both square.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG