Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

'Tiger Slam' set sold for record $5.2MM

While tiger was struggling at Augusta on Saturday, his old set of clubs from 2000/2001 that helped him achieve victory at the 2000 US Open, British Open, PGA Championship, and the 2001 Master to become the first player in history to hold all 4 titles simultaneously set an auction record with a selling price of $5,156,162.

The set consists of nine Titleist 681-T irons, 2i-PW, and two Vokey wedges, 58* and 60*, both with the "TIGER" stamp on them. 

All clubs have been verified by multiple sources inside Titleist with signed affidavits.

The previous owner purchased the clubs for $57,242 back in 2010...so looks like he had a better weekend than even Scottie Scheffler!! 

So what do you guys think? Was this the deal of the century to own a piece of history, or a flop for $5.2M? If you had the coin to buy them, would you, or what would you buy instead (golf related)? 

Full article, if your interested: 
https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/04/10/tiger-woods-equipment-masters-tiger-slam/

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

As an investment: so long as there's a market for sports memorabilia, Tiger's stuff would have to be the most coveted in golf. Over the past couple of years, the memorabilia market has been insane; I have to suspect it'll cool at some point. But in the next up cycle, I'd guess these retain and increase in value.

For my part: I'm simply stunned that these ever got out of Tiger's possession.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

It’s an interesting story because Tiger and his agent claim the set used is still in tigers house.

Also have seen some post about the set sold has a wear spot on the irons and that’s something that hasn’t been seen on the clubs Tiger used for the wins. Now it could be a set used during the season.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s an interesting story because Tiger and his agent claim the set used is still in tigers house.

Also have seen some post about the set sold has a wear spot on the irons and that’s something that hasn’t been seen on the clubs Tiger used for the wins. Now it could be a set used during the season.

Yeah, that's why these are so interesting! Two Titleist VP's have signed affidavits that they are the real deal, so perhaps it was "one" set used during the tiger slam, but given that he could get new clubs for every tournament, or just whenever he wants to, perhaps the set he used last are in his house and these were used earlier in that same time frame....🤷‍♂️

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Yeah, that's why these are so interesting! Two Titleist VP's have signed affidavits that they are the real deal, so perhaps it was "one" set used during the tiger slam, but given that he could get new clubs for every tournament, or just whenever he wants to, perhaps the set he used last are in his house and these were used earlier in that same time frame....🤷‍♂️

Yeah. His backup putter went for almost 4O0k and he still has the original that I think even his kids can’t touch. So I would imagine he has the the ones that matter most are in his possession

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1