Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What golf ball are you using these days?

On 8/24/2022 at 9:38 PM, Golf2Much said:

Here's my new golf ball stash!

2135640852_BallStash.jpg.b467f7d3702db9ecbd8e5756fb02b332.jpg

I have been playing Srixon QStar Tour (white, yellow and Divide) for the last couple of years.  With SS in the mid to low 70's I found it a good overall performance ball. 

Based on the feedback from others on this forum (plus being from Western NY and a Buffalo Bills fan), I wanted to give OnCore a try.  I did their ball fitting routine and contacted their customer support for their recommendations.  I ended up with the 2022 version of the Elixr and picked up 3 dozen with a recent promotion.  When it got into play, I found I lost about 10 yards on my drive. I sent in a review and within a few days OnCore customer support sent me samples of all their balls to try to see which ball worked the best for me.  Great customer service!  The 2020 version of Elixr proved to be better fitted for my game.   

I have a dozen ProV1's I got in a trade that I keep for tournaments where we have an alternate shot format as my playing partner uses that ball.   Take one for the team!

For now, I will go back and forth with the Srixon QStar Tour and OnCore 2020 Elixr.

Since I loosed a ball every three of four rounds (one nice thing of hitting the ball short), I should be good for balls for some time!

Last year I tried the Elixr and didn't like it.  I'm just across the border from Buffalo (love that they have the Bills Mafia ball) and thought same thing.  I'd give them a go.  Hated the Elixr and wrote off OnCore as crap ball.  Lost distance off my driver as well, quite noticeably.

But for some reason I decided to give it another shot this year with the Vero X1.  Big difference for me.  I love the feel of the Vero and no loss in driver distance for me.  I've only used it twice so far, but gonna use it a couple more times.

Now that the Vero X2 is coming out, I might give that a go next year.

Also, the game ball that I have been using mostly is either Vice Tour or Vice Pro.  I find that both of them work very well for me, with a price point that is great!

Chiller Cart Bag

:taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 9° - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim Max Rocket 3wd 14° - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Rescue 4H 22° - Ventus Blue 7S

:cobra-small: King Forged Tec 2020 - 5 thru PW - Dynamic Gold S400

:cleveland-small: CBX 2 54° Wedge

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 3 Sand Wedge 58°

Bat Attack Battle Ready Putter 34"

:Arccos: Tracking

Played the OnCore Elixr last couple years but this year played the Vero and have really liked it.

I play a yellow ball - only one I can follow in the sky - so I’ve tried others over the years, ZStar etc. But for the price and quality the Vero is tough to beat. With my swing I didn’t find any difference from a ProV - either in distance or short game.  My only problem now is that OnCore is out of the Yellow and I need some to finish off my season….

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

2 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Played the OnCore Elixr last couple years but this year played the Vero and have really liked it.

I play a yellow ball - only one I can follow in the sky - so I’ve tried others over the years, ZStar etc. But for the price and quality the Vero is tough to beat. With my swing I didn’t find any difference from a ProV - either in distance or short game.  My only problem now is that OnCore is out of the Yellow and I need some to finish off my season….

... Oh we all know Yellow Ball has a huge ego and always wants to be seen. 🙄  Maxfli Tours come in yellow and they still have the 2 dozen for $60 deal. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

10 hours ago, Inferno2ss said:

Maxfli Tour best performance for the money in my opinion. 

100% agree!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: ProV1x