Shaft Hack - The Otto Phlex Journey

azstu324

Love it @cksurfdude!  Well done, and welcome back to the fold!

Did you know that an OP shaft, no matter how perfect, will not cure an over the top swing that leaves the face open?  I do.  Very well I do.

I plan to again try a couple shorter OP shafts (43.5 - 44) this weekend to see if that helps accuracy before I cut down my Shogun gamer a bit more.  (It's currently at 45.5, which I think is just too much for me, and contributes a bit to my OTT swing for some reason.)  One OP will go in the Smoke Para TD Max (43.5), and the other is already in the Ke4 TC Pro (44 I think), which will get its first on-course play this weekend.

I could just fix the OTT again.   LOL.  I think that will be a priority to ensure it is needed before cutting the Shogun shaft.  It's an easy fix if I remember to keep it fixed!  *Almost* this entire game is mental, isn't it?

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 Max 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS1 (shafts:  :kbs: Tour 120S)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :cleveland-small: Frontline Elite 1.0
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Also, just FYI, the discontinued UST Mamiya MP5 shaft is available on eBay from Tour Ready Golf Store.  I just bought one for my friend's driver build.  (It's not my store, which I hope is obvious.)

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 Max 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS1 (shafts:  :kbs: Tour 120S)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :cleveland-small: Frontline Elite 1.0
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2024 at 11:37 AM, The Horse said:

For those wanting to dive into this experiment, I bought a bunch of theses shafts.  I am going to stick with my existing gamer for now and am looking to offload the following shafts.  All have the AllFit tip so you can put them in any head with the right collar.

PM me if you are interested in the PLB or the Maltby UL.  I also have the Prolaunch GWS tipped for a 5 wood if you are interested.

Sorry for posting this here, but i thought it made the most sense.

sent you a message on this

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus (9*, Neutral Setting), Aldila Rogue Elite Blue 55-X

Fairway Woods: Taylormade SLDR (15* @ 13.5*) - Mitsubishi AV Raw Orange 75-X, (17* @ 16.25) - Mitsubishi CK Pro Blue 75-X, (19* @ 18.25) - Mitsubishi CK Pro Blue 75-X, (19* @ 20.5*) - True Temper Dynamic Graphite Tour X Tipped 2.5"

Utility: Callaway X Forged UT CF18 (21* weakened to 22*) - Matrix Ozik Black Tie HM3 95-X

Irons: Cleveland TA1 Form Forged (4-P) - KBS C-Taper 130 X Soft Stepped Once (+1/2", Standard Lies)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 (50*), Cleveland 588 Rotex (54* & 58*), Taylormade RAC TP (52* @ 53*) - KBS Tour 130 X (+1/2", Standard Lies)

Putters: OG Ping Anser 3 @ 34", Ping Redwood ZB Satin @ 34"

Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Hello.   I read through most of the thread and would like to experiment with a Cobra Aerojet driver head and a Prolaunch Blue shaft.  I understand the ideal SW should be between D0-D1, but since everyone uses a different grip that weighs differently, it would affect the SW.  Is there a consensus on what the ideal driver head should weigh with the Prolaunch Blue shaft playing almost 46 inches?

I read the Auto Flex forum. The shaft seems to work best with driver heads weighing 190-194 grams at a 46-inch playing length.

On 10/14/2024 at 12:05 PM, juniper43 said:

Hello.   I read through most of the thread and would like to experiment with a Cobra Aerojet driver head and a Prolaunch Blue shaft.  I understand the ideal SW should be between D0-D1, but since everyone uses a different grip that weighs differently, it would affect the SW.  Is there a consensus on what the ideal driver head should weigh with the Prolaunch Blue shaft playing almost 46 inches?

I read the Auto Flex forum. The shaft seems to work best with driver heads weighing 190-194 grams at a 46-inch playing length.

My $0.02 - get it setup and check the swing weight. If it's way under D0 maybe add lead tape .. otherwise take it to the range, have the lead tape with you, and see how it feels.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

For Sale in Classifieds: SkyTrak home launch monitor in excellent condition