2023 Cobra Aerojet Variable and One Length Iron Launch

Golfspy_CG2

COBRA Golf TM , a leader in golf club innovation, today
introduced the new AEROJET TM Irons, designed to allow players to pursue levels of speed and
distance in their iron game. The new irons feature a sleek new design with a refined topline, and
several impressive, distance-enhancing technologies including COBRA ® ’s new PWR-BRIDGE
weighting design that evolves upon the PWR-COR in LTDx TM to optimize weight distribution and
flexibility for unleashed power and distance.

image.png
The new PWR-BRIDGE design is an engineering breakthrough that achieves the perfect blend of
low CG and fast ball speed using an innovative floating weight design. COBRA ® engineers
discovered that they could achieve the benefits of low CG, added face and body flexion by creating a
separate weight that is untethered that is called PWR-BRIDGE. The PWR-BRIDGE design
comprises a 70g steel weight that is completely separated from the face, body and sole of the iron.

image.png
The design positions the CG low to optimize launch and creates room for the body structure to flex
freely around the PWR-BRIDGE, resulting in unprecedented ball speed and distance. To further
increase face deflection for faster ball speeds, the AEROJET TM irons feature COBRA ® ’s largest
PWRSHELL insert with a new H.O.T. FACE variable thickness pattern, featuring a 22% larger thin
area (1.9 mm at the thinnest point) than the previous LTDx TM irons. H.O.T. FACE (which stands for
Highly Optimized Topology) was designed using artificial intelligence and features multiple zones
with optimized thicknesses and shaping to deliver a larger Sweet Zone for more efficient speed and
spin across the entire clubface. Together, the PWR-BRIDGE and PWRSHELL, and H.O.T Face
designs produce up 10% more face deflection than LTDx TM , resulting in up to 1.8 mph faster speed
and up to 3.5 more yards of total distance when tested on the robot. To improve overall feel, a
Polymer Feel System is incorporated using an injected polymer filler that encases the hollow area
around the PWR-BRIDGE weight to damp vibration for a soft, forged-like feel and sound at impact.

image.png

The new AEROJET Irons are available in both Variable and ONE Length options, allowing
players to choose between a traditional setup that they’re used to, or a ONE Length configuration for
a simplified setup and swing for improved consistency. The AEROJET  Variable Length irons are
available in a 5-GW set comp (RH/LH; Steel Stiff and Reg – $999) or 4-PW (RH; Steel Stiff - $999),
as well as a graphite combo set in 5H, 6-PW, GW (RH; Graphite Reg and Lite - $1099). Each steel
option comes standard in premium aftermarket KBS Tour Lite 100 shafts (reg & stiff) and Lamkin

Crossline grips. The stock graphite offering is an aftermarket KBS PGI (85 – Stiff flex; 75 – Regular
flex; 65 – Lite flex, 55 in women’s flex). An AEROJET TM Women’s offering comes in a silver and
ice blue colorway and is also available in a graphite combo set (RH only; $1099), consisting of
5H, 6H, 7-PW, SW.

image.png
COBRA ® AEROJET TM ONE Length irons are a unique set-up where all irons are built to 7 iron
length (37.25”). They are available in 5-GW in graphite (RH – Stiff, Reg, Lite - $1099) and in steel
(RH/LH – Stiff & Reg - $99) and a graphite combo set consisting of a 5H (ONE Length hybrid), and
6-PW, GW ONE Length irons (RH; Reg & Lite Flex - $1099). Each steel option comes standard in
premium aftermarket KBS Tour Lite 100 shafts (reg & stiff) and Lamkin Crossline grips featuring Red
& Blue paint fill. The stock graphite offering is an aftermarket KBS PGI (85 – Stiff flex; 75 – Regular
flex; 65 – Lite flex).
The AEROJET TM family of products will be available at retail and online, February 10, 2023. For

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I wonder a bit how much longer Cobra sticks with the one length thing. I know Bryson still uses them and is the driver behind that product, but with him having been injured and kinda off the radar I wonder if this as a project starts to decline or go away?

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I wonder a bit how much longer Cobra sticks with the one length thing. I know Bryson still uses them and is the driver behind that product, but with him having been injured and kinda off the radar I wonder if this as a project starts to decline or go away?

Well it accounts for such a large percentage of their iron sales, I don't think it will be anytime soon.   

I was always wondering the opposit, which other major OEM would be the next to bring one to market.  My guess was either TaylorMade or PING.  But so far no rumblings on the horizon as far as I know from either one. 

19 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well it accounts for such a large percentage of their iron sales, I don't think it will be anytime soon.   

I was always wondering the opposit, which other major OEM would be the next to bring one to market.  My guess was either TaylorMade or PING.  But so far no rumblings on the horizon as far as I know from either one. 

What is the percentage that they sell being single length?

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

49 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

From last year's LTDx Iron release article by Tony.

"Since introducing ONE Length in 2017, COBRA says it has sold more than 65,000 sets and 1.5 million individual ONE Length clubs. Additionally, COBRA says its own surveys show ONE Length buyers are the most satisfied of all its irons purchasers year over year and, according to retailers who have money-back return policies, ONE Length is one of the least-returned clubs."

Also from the Radspeed article in 2020, he says one length usually makes up around 35% of iron sales, that year it was 40 because Bryson had just won the US Open and was the most interesting thing in golf.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Max, 12*, set -1/D, Project X RDX Smoke Red 50, 6.0 Flex

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titleist-small: Prov V1X Left Dash... for now

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Yep. During the launch call two years ago Yags said they originally hoped to have 10% of iron sales be one length.  They exceeded 40% 

Haven’t heard the current numbers but cobra fittings I’ve seen at our course are close to 50% one length. 

10 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

From last year's LTDx Iron release article by Tony.

"Since introducing ONE Length in 2017, COBRA says it has sold more than 65,000 sets and 1.5 million individual ONE Length clubs. Additionally, COBRA says its own surveys show ONE Length buyers are the most satisfied of all its irons purchasers year over year and, according to retailers who have money-back return policies, ONE Length is one of the least-returned clubs."

Also from the Radspeed article in 2020, he says one length usually makes up around 35% of iron sales, that year it was 40 because Bryson had just won the US Open and was the most interesting thing in golf.

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yep. During the launch call two years ago Yags said they originally hoped to have 10% of iron sales be one length.  They exceeded 40% 

Haven’t heard the current numbers but cobra fittings I’ve seen at our course are close to 50% one length. 

Is there a way to test the one-length? Like, in a fitting, would you hit more than just the 7-iron to be sure your gapping was correct? Or is it just trusting that the engineers know what they’re doing?

I’m intrigued by the idea, but haven’t been moved by the Rad Speed/LTDx looks. The Forged Tec are crazy good-looking, but I’d want to hit more than just the 7 to be sure it was a good fit (especially at both ends of the bag). 

I’ve never met anyone who plays them, or I’d probably ask to try them. 

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Is there a way to test the one-length? Like, in a fitting, would you hit more than just the 7-iron to be sure your gapping was correct? Or is it just trusting that the engineers know what they’re doing?

I have hit one length in prior most wanted testing and there is just as good of a chance that the gapping is correct as there is with normal variable length clubs. Ideally you need to do a gapping session with any set of clubs.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 hours ago, Samsonite said:

I’m intrigued by the idea, but haven’t been moved by the Rad Speed/LTDx looks. The Forged Tec are crazy good-looking, but I’d want to hit more than just the 7 to be sure it was a good fit (especially at both ends of the bag). 

I’ve never met anyone who plays them, or I’d probably ask to try them. 

When I was fit for them two years ago, the Cobra Fitting Rep had me hit a 5,7 and 9.   it wasn't so much as gapping, as that isnt' reallyh going to change, but he wanted me to get the feel of a 9 iron and see th flight and wanted to see if 5 should be my last iorn or 6.   I ended up going with 5 to SW.   The SW wasn't as awakward to hit as I thought it would be.   

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

When I was fit for them two years ago, the Cobra Fitting Rep had me hit a 5,7 and 9.   it wasn't so much as gapping, as that isnt' reallyh going to change, but he wanted me to get the feel of a 9 iron and see th flight and wanted to see if 5 should be my last iorn or 6.   I ended up going with 5 to SW.   The SW wasn't as awakward to hit as I thought it would be.   

Did you buy? Are you still using? The SW is for sure the one I was most worried/curious about. 

5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

23 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Did you buy? Are you still using? The SW is for sure the one I was most worried/curious about. 

Yes I did buy.

Am I stil using 🤣🤣   You obviously have no idea who you're talking to do you...ha    But no, I palyed them for the usual 2 to 3 months then moved on.  But I really did like them. 

37 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yes I did buy.

Am I stil using 🤣🤣   You obviously have no idea who you're talking to do you...ha    But no, I palyed them for the usual 2 to 3 months then moved on.  But I really did like them. 

Hah. I’m still getting to know all the assorted Club Hos. I may have been unaware I was speaking to the MGS Madame 😉

5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

On 1/10/2023 at 10:39 AM, Samsonite said:

I actually played a full One Length set for two years Matt, including SW and LW. I actually really enjoyed them as full swing clubs and surprising wasn't annoyed by the longer length around the green. 

EDIT: And now that I think about it, one of the best short game shots I've ever played was with my one length LW. I hit what a amounted to like a 50 yard flop shot over a 60 foot tall tree that finished tap in range. Those wedges launched so high with that extended shaft and for a low ball hitter like me, loved it so so much.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Max, 12*, set -1/D, Project X RDX Smoke Red 50, 6.0 Flex

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titleist-small: Prov V1X Left Dash... for now

One Length clubs have always seemed very inviting to me, from the 7 iron down that is, I would have to see how a PW the length of a 7 iron would feel.

I'm hoping to be able to get a new set of irons this year, I'll have to make sure I try some One Lengths in the fitting.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Hybrid - :cobra-small: RadSpeed 3 Hyrbid
Irons - :vice: VGI02 5I to SW - 2024 MGS test
Wedges -  :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  :L.A.B.: - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)