Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

NEVR LOOZ Pro Clip Bag Is The Big Winner - Unofficial Review

jnagel

As far as I'm concerned, the Nevr Looz Pro Clip bag is quite simply the best cart bag there is for GOLF CLUBS.  It has decent overall storage volume and is an absolute standout convenience and flexibility.  If you want the best in club protection, organization, accessibility and capacity, you should upgrade to this now.  If you are using a remote cart, you must consider upgrading as well.  Generally speaking,  If you're in the market for a new cart bag, this should be on your very short list.  I know, bold claims but I consider myself a bit of an expert on the subject...please read on.

image.png.a43309b438e98fffe923b973ae0506e6.pngimage.png.e3b7e676092cab5b1f2761a7af1d1a08.pngimage.png.248223fbf2d5e3722e1f29df94400ed0.png

With my first set of Mizuno irons back in 2009, I had to accept the reality that those beautiful, shiny, buttery soft pieces of jewelry would get dinged up over time. I'm sure you've experienced hitting a hard bump in a golf cart and listening to all those clubs crash against one another.  It always pained me to think of the new dings those beauties were suffering - not to mention I hate that noise.  With a motorized push cart, this experience is greatly pronounced (as they have no suspension and a short wheel base), and as such even modest bumps and dips result in cringe-worthy clanging.  I had always longed for a solution to this, and when I started using a motorized pushcart in 2018 and ordered a brand new combo set of Srixons, it became a must find.  I had a Sun Mountain C130 with 14 way dividers at the time, and the best I could do was snake a towel in-between the rows to mitigate the clang.

I saw the gen 1 Founders Club bag on Amazon and decided to give it a try.  I was generally happy with it and though it has shortcomings, it did what I needed.  After about 4 seasons it was shot - faded and worn out, broken shoulder strap etc. - so I upgraded to the gen 2 Founders Club bag (side note, Srixons still looked brand new after 4 seasons).  The gen 2 is a better over-all bag but the change in the club storage wasn't a hit with me – more riding cart than push cart friendly and the irons in the rear would touch the ground when laying the bag down.  Neither of these bags fit my remote cart very well, causing me to make some customizations over the years, but to me it was worth the hassle for the club protection.  It wasn't till was about to switch to Jumbo Max grips that my pro pointed out they wouldn't fit in the bag 🤦‍♂️ 

I was reading through a thread asking about what bags people use, and saw this post from @Mikedb26 showing off his 2023 NEVR LOOZ Pro Clip Bag (thanks again, my wife will be reaching out to "thank" you for my purchase 🤣) and was immediately intrigued.  I had seen past versions of this bag but was never able to find much in terms of reviews - and the official MyGolfSpy bag test from 2016 didn't do this bag any favors (more to follow on that), but this latest version is a knockout and there is a bunch more info out there.  After researching it a bit, reading about the features and all the reviews, and seeing that it will accommodate oversize grips, I decided to give it a go.  My only hesitation was that my gen2 bag was only a year old, but the Pro Clip bag looked so good I had to try it.

Upon unboxing this thing, I had 2 reactions.  Wow, it looks really good.  And wow, this thing is sturdy.  I'm talking tank like sturdy.  The core of the bag is a tubular aluminum frame and there is no twisting or flexing at all.  I immediately loaded it with clubs and just love how simply they go in and are lined up.  I was also impressed with how much extra space there is in the rear portion - while there are 3 shaft clips, you can easily fit 3-5 extra clubs back there no problem (i.e. for those range sessions where you want to bring all the alternates).  The iron clips work great and can be adjusted with a screwdriver if you need different spacing (i.e. you have a chunky driving iron).  It is effortless to get the clubs in and out, though admittedly I wasn't using them correctly at first (they go in and out much easier at an angle than straight up and down).

Another feature I love is the front shoulder strap, it's such an out of the box design, but it's very functional and you don't have to worry about stuff spilling out of open pockets when you're carrying the bag to the car.  Speaking of pockets, there are a bunch of smaller pockets and several big ones.  The 2 large cooler pockets can serve double duty as regular storage, and the large side pockets easily handle my rain and cold gear.  The smaller pockets are fantastic as I can separate all those different things I bring along, where I used to have them all sharing bigger pockets and would have to dig around to find what I need.  The flip ups with the tee and pencil/sharpie holders are super functional as well - I actually use them!

image.png.bedb5d34e640f0697bc0f5ef356f9dc3.png

The maiden voyage on the remote cart took a little doing to get the bag tied down - no fault of the bag, my cart is a model notorious for it's poorly thought out bag supports.  That being said, it turns out there's an indentation on the base of the bag that perfectly fits over the foot plate on the cart.  As the bag has a metal frame, there are plenty of options to secure a tie down to that (which I prefer a strap instead of the elastic straps on the cart - much more stable).  So a simple cam strap and this thing is locked in!  Also, a big shout out to Nevr Looz support, as one of the pre-purchase questions I had was how well does this fit remote carts, and they immediately replied with pictures and highlighted the extra flexibility of the frame for securing the bag.  As fate would have it, I hit a root that first day out and the cart tipped over backwards...

image.png.de10eabadfd820c13c43b7f1d1df461b.png

It was amazing ... not a club moved (save the putter in the tube of course), and the bag was so securely strapped in that it never shifted or moved.  Where historically a tip over would be a 3 minute ordeal getting all the clubs back in place and invariably having to undo and redo the bag straps to get it back into position, this was simply tip the cart back up and off I go.  And then it started raining ...
image.png.acb86940e84d0e723191d9ca82d87906.png

The rain hood is insane!  I didn't do a great job getting in on here (as it was a hasty effort due to a down pour), but it didn't have to be perfect to work perfect.  And the full length zippers on the hood make it so easy to get clubs in and out without getting everything wet.  A+.  It also has it's own pocket in the back of the bag (talk about make the most of unused space), and I've found there's enough extra room in that pocket to squirrel away some extra gloves. 

From a remote/push cart standpoint, everything is super functional.  Clubs are easy to find and remove/replace where ever you are standing (front/back/side), and they don't move or rattle as you make your way over hostile terrain.  The additional rigidity of the bag actually makes the ride smoother as well, there's no flex and thus no reverb when hitting multiple bumps in a row (where the FC bags you could see the top swaying and twisting in that scenario, adding to the probability of a tip over).  Pockets are all great, easy to get to, and super functional.  I really couldn't ask for anything more - well, there is one thing, I'll get to that in a minute.

Moving on to the riding cart, the design of the bag really shines here, and I am just so impressed how well thought out it is.  The bottom has a channel that can fit over the lip of the bag well in most carts.  This will really lock the bag in and keep it from twisting.  Much like cupholders, some carts are just so different that it won't fit this way.  In the one instance where it didn't fit over the lip for me, it fit perfectly in the well front to back, so the no twisting was in full effect.  The cart strap works through the middle of the bag as opposed to all the way around it (I had better results threading the strap between the putter tube and frame on the inside first, as opposed to going around that), and locks in tight.  The whole front of the bag is open making everything easy to see and get to (you don't have to lift the clubs all the way up as the dividers are roughly half way up the bag).  The dual putter tubes are great here - pick a side for the putter based on if you're driving or the passenger, and though there is a dedicated umbrella loop in the back, the extra tube is super convenient spot to keep the umbrella when it's raining.  And finally, riding around, nothing moves.  No clanging, no rattle...forged iron bliss.

One last highlight for me is the fact the ExoSkin of the bag is replaceable for about half the price of the full bag.  Golf bags take a beating from the elements, especially the direct sun, so it's great to be able to replace the shell as opposed to having to toss the whole bag.

image.png.cb32f2979bc4d9ff6c7d960db7e5ccf8.png

As far as negatives, the only thing I would point out is due to the unconventional dimensions (it's wide from front to back), it may not fit in your travel cover.  I have a hardshell Datrek from years back and it doesn't come close to fitting.  I'm not exactly heart broken as I never loved that travel bag, and I would say how the Pro Clip is built I would feel a lot better about using a soft shell bag ( though a tip a friend gave me - take your driver and wood/hybrid heads off if you can and pack those somewhere else).

Finally, as I mentioned, I would have one ask, which is a handle or a grab point on the top sides and/or rear of the bag.  The use case for me is I put the bag in the bed of my truck length wise bottom first, and it would just be more convenient to be able to grab from the top.  The nice thing is with the tubular frame, I'm sure I can come up with my own solution.

Looking at the MyGolfSpy Best Cart Bags of 2023, this bag competes in every category.  It is one of the heavier options, and it probably doesn't have the overall storage volume of the staff bags (though how much shi..errr stuff do you actually need in there???)...  But as I opened with, the Pro Clip has to be the best in club protection, organization, accessibility and capacity, has features other bags just don't have (front shoulder strap, dedicated rain hood pocket in the back, no twist base), tons of pockets and is just so well thought out, that other than the handle I mentioned above or changing the laws of gravity so this thing floats around, I don't see how it could be any better.  I've had this in play for almost a month (roughly 12 rounds so far) so I can't speak to how well the ExoSkin will hold up, but the frame and clips are rock solid and very well made - to the point I was shocked they are able to hit the price point they do.

I will post updates should things arise over time, but all I can say at this time to anyone looking for better organization or protection (ESPECIALLY TO ANYONE USING IRON COVERS), you need this bag right now!  Then be prepared for lot's of "what the hell is that", followed by "where can I get one?"

Edited by jnagel
Fixing some typos

Kirkland V2 Wedges, Wilson D9 (DG 105) 5-GW, Callaway Epic Flash 3+ and 5w (Hzrdus Smoke 6.0), Ping G425 3 and 4 hybrids (Alta cb 70), Titleist Tsi 2 (Hzrdus Smoke 6.0)

Wow now I'm actually thinking about taking a look at this .. good info!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Wow!  That is how an "unofficial" review is done.  Was going to do a followup, after having my NEVR LOOZ for a few months now, but really no need to.  There's no way I can follow that, besides stating I still love this bag and have zero complaints.  jnagel... well done!

*do I need to go into witness protection to hide from Mrs jnagel??!!   Lol

SRIXON ZX5 LS Mkll  HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0  

SRIXON Z F85 13.5° 3W & SRIXON Z F85 

PING G425 3 hybrid 

TAKOMO 101 4-pw (custom- Steelfiber 95s 4i-6i, 110s 7i-pw   BB&F ferrules)

PING Glide 2.0 50° & Cleveland RTX 4.0 Tour Raw 56°

EVNROLL ER5 HATCHBACK

SRIXON Z STAR Diamond & MaxFli TourX

NEVR LOOZ Pro Clip cart bag 

On 8/1/2023 at 12:21 PM, cksurfdude said:

Wow now I'm actually thinking about taking a look at this .. good info!

Aaight dude ... you're good to go.  Bag fits perfectly:

20230805_113936.jpg.9168da05e483082669a81e15ab0e228c.jpg

Kirkland V2 Wedges, Wilson D9 (DG 105) 5-GW, Callaway Epic Flash 3+ and 5w (Hzrdus Smoke 6.0), Ping G425 3 and 4 hybrids (Alta cb 70), Titleist Tsi 2 (Hzrdus Smoke 6.0)

@jnagel excellent review. I was always curious about this bag. Not any longer. If I just didn’t get the Cobra bag I would be seriously looking at this.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag