Anybody gaming DG AMT shafts??

srooch2

I am interested in getting these shafts, I’ve always enjoyed the feel of standard dg shafts except when I got to my long irons and they felt too heavy. The idea of these sounds like a perfect fit but I think they would be more popular if they worked as advertised. How does the swing weight feel from top to bottom? Is there any additional work needed during installation? I.e adding tip weights or butt weights 

Im looking at the white version if it makes a difference and I currently game modus 120, I’m just finding I hit my wedges with s400 very well and what that feel in my scoring clubs. Any advice or review of them is appreciated. ✌️ 

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

10 minutes ago, srooch2 said:

I am interested in getting these shafts, I’ve always enjoyed the feel of standard dg shafts except when I got to my long irons and they felt too heavy. The idea of these sounds like a perfect fit but I think they would be more popular if they worked as advertised. How does the swing weight feel from top to bottom? Is there any additional work needed during installation? I.e adding tip weights or butt weights 

Im looking at the white version if it makes a difference and I currently game modus 120, I’m just finding I hit my wedges with s400 very well and what that feel in my scoring clubs. Any advice or review of them is appreciated. ✌️ 

Your game is far better than mine but I'll toss my pennies in, take what you will.  Irons are my bread and butter, and I like hitting irons.

I've been playing the original AMTs for 3 or 4 years now--they are now sold as AMT White (this does make a difference, white will play most like vanilla DG, black and red are designed to play differently).  My AMTs came straight from the Wilson custom shop, and swing weights are all similar.  IDK what they did to keep swing weight in line, so I can't help you there.  But I do prefer to play Dynamic Gold, and to me, AMT White will fit the bill there.

However I have a love/hate  going from mid-iron to long iron.  While it (4 iron/5 iron) still plays like a DG, I find that it loads a little easier than the rest of the set and comes out a little whippy--which doesn't work well for me.  I can be much more aggressive with the heavier and shorter clubs and hit varying shots.  I find that option to decrease with the lighter shafts; as I have to be more deliberate with my delivery.   

TL/DR: Ball flight and playability is in line with Dynamic Gold.  Feel is mostly in line with Dynamic Gold--long irons maybe a problem.  But the lighter weight in the long irons is easier to swing late in the round.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

1 hour ago, srooch2 said:

They design allows for the same feel thru the set despite the change in weight.

the amt whites as mentioned above are what were the original amt shafts that were released. As someone who has been fit to the s300 the transition when I was fit to the white was seem less.

not a club builder but to my knowledge of building with them but to my understanding nothing special has to be done. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

11 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Your game is far better than mine but I'll toss my pennies in, take what you will.  Irons are my bread and butter, and I like hitting irons.

I've been playing the original AMTs for 3 or 4 years now--they are now sold as AMT White (this does make a difference, white will play most like vanilla DG, black and red are designed to play differently).  My AMTs came straight from the Wilson custom shop, and swing weights are all similar.  IDK what they did to keep swing weight in line, so I can't help you there.  But I do prefer to play Dynamic Gold, and to me, AMT White will fit the bill there.

However I have a love/hate  going from mid-iron to long iron.  While it (4 iron/5 iron) still plays like a DG, I find that it loads a little easier than the rest of the set and comes out a little whippy--which doesn't work well for me.  I can be much more aggressive with the heavier and shorter clubs and hit varying shots.  I find that option to decrease with the lighter shafts; as I have to be more deliberate with my delivery.   

TL/DR: Ball flight and playability is in line with Dynamic Gold.  Feel is mostly in line with Dynamic Gold--long irons maybe a problem.  But the lighter weight in the long irons is easier to swing late in the round.

Your probably a better iron player than me, I can get around almost any course without shooting any big numbers and I turn a lot of bogeys into pars etc but I don’t hit full shots very well; tee, approach or otherwise. My body is too fragile and weak lol. Good information on shafts, thanks 

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

I currently play those shafts, the lighter weight in the 4 and 5 iron is nice, heavier shafts in the shorter irons doesn't bother me. There doesn't seem to be any loss of accuracy or distance vs my previous set with DGHL's. Ball flight is lower though.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction 🏌️‍♂️

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke S

:titelist-small: 917F2 15* Diamana Blue 70 S

:titelist-small: 818H1 19* Evenflow Blue 85HY S

:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4-P AMT White S300

:vokey-small: SM7 50.12 F bent 1* weak, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M - S200

:odyssey-small: Black Series 3

RH - Ontario 🇨🇦 and Ohio 🇺🇸

Avg. score 85-92

• 2 months later...