Odyssey Ai-ONE Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_BOS

Just in case it was missed, review recap has been posted!

https://mygolfspy.com/we-tried-it/forum-member-reviews-odyssey-ai-one-putters/

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Spent 30 minutes rolling putts inside tonight…couldn’t help but think about the new setup @buckpillar has at his house!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

32 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Spent 30 minutes rolling putts inside tonight…couldn’t help but think about the new setup @buckpillar has at his house!

Your always welcome if in the area, really anyone can stop by the more the merrier , beers in the shed right next to the green and I'll have my net up by next Tuesday, after I finish my 5 days on... then 5 off once again.

I still need to roll it and pack it somehow. Thought about walking on a 2x8 to pack it. 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Posted (edited)

The DB performance today was stellar! The few 3 putt holes I had were due to my error with green reading.  Put it up against the Mindset ball, and it definitely seemed to help!

20240508_185116.jpg

20240508_185126.jpg

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

8 hours ago, Rob Person said:

The DB performance today was stellar! The few 2 putt holes I had were due to my error with green reading.  Put it up against the Mindset ball, and it definitely seemed to help!

20240508_185116.jpg

20240508_185126.jpg

The Ai and Mind control, I mean Mindset are taking over!!! 

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

9 hours ago, Rob Person said:

The DB performance today was stellar! The few 2 putt holes I had were due to my error with green reading.  Put it up against the Mindset ball, and it definitely seemed to help!

20240508_185116.jpg

20240508_185126.jpg

DB is looooking really good! Looks like DB and mindset had a task infront of them with that right to left bender.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, buckpillar said:

DB is looooking really good! Looks like DB and mindset had a task infront of them with that right to left bender.

Unfortunately that was one of my 3 putt holes. I got it up close and then it took a hard turn. Left and went down the hill

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

29 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Unfortunately that was one of my 3 putt holes. I got it up close and then it took a hard turn. Left and went down the hill

I can see a big slope to the left of the hole, bet the greens were on the quick side from what I can see of the grass, 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, buckpillar said:

I can see a big slope to the left of the hole, bet the greens were on the quick side from what I can see of the grass, 

Yeah. I was told they register as a twelve

WITB-

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the driving range for a bit today, after hitting balls I went over to the practice green.  Putted for around 20 minutes, speed control was fantastic and didn’t miss a putt inside 5 feet.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 5/19/2024 at 4:56 PM, TJ Hall said:

Went to the driving range for a bit today, after hitting balls I went over to the practice green.  Putted for around 20 minutes, speed control was fantastic and didn’t miss a putt inside 5 feet.

AI says… Grasshopper we are one!

The last rounds Lucille was on fire, distance was perfect, able to hold the line I selected and drain quite a few from inside 10’

@TJ Hall keep rolling the rock, I think I can safely say… you/we love our AI putters

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

4 hours ago, buckpillar said:

AI says… Grasshopper we are one!

The last rounds Lucille was on fire, distance was perfect, able to hold the line I selected and drain quite a few from inside 10’

@TJ Hall keep rolling the rock, I think I can safely say… you/we love our AI putters

You are spot on…this putter has helped my game/confidence so much!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

DB is feeling a bit neglected lately. But I'm focusing on the stix set at the moment.  That putter is really decent too, borderline impressive coming out of essentially a starter set.  They are apples and oranges in every possibility way, so a head to head is not fair imo.

WITB-

11 hours ago, Rob Person said:

DB is feeling a bit neglected lately. But I'm focusing on the stix set at the moment.  That putter is really decent too, borderline impressive coming out of essentially a starter set.  They are apples and oranges in every possibility way, so a head to head is not fair imo.

I know it’s for a test, but can’t believe you let the DB out of your bag!!!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, TJ Hall said:

I know it’s for a test, but can’t believe you let the DB out of your bag!!!

Technically  it's still in MY bag, just not in the Stix bag! 🤣

WITB-

On 5/21/2024 at 8:27 AM, Rob Person said:

I kinda know what you mean as I have a couple of “no name” putters that I won’t even think about comparing to Millie (my AI-OnE Milled), but I have “unofficially rolled the rock head to head when just doing some random stuff in the shop.  My son loaned me his Dunlop starter set Anser style putter and it rolls pretty good.  I don’t think you can go too wrong just letting DB show Stix how the big boys play - you might be surprised…

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Love to see that our testers are still enjoying the AI-ONE putters this far into the season!  I'm still tempted by for sale ads on these ones. The folks at Odyssey did a stellar job.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

20 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Love to see that our testers are still enjoying the AI-ONE putters this far into the season!  I'm still tempted by for sale ads on these ones. The folks at Odyssey did a stellar job.

DO IT…I don’t think you’ll regret it!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Fully agree - seems the more I putt with it the smoother the interaction…then again, a good club should inspire not retire!!! 

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

53 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

DO IT…I don’t think you’ll regret it!

No regrets!  But DB has some competition within the AI-ONE family.  The pro shop where I work just got a  jailbird mini demo putter. Its built on a plumbers neck.  This was super buttery on the green deck!

WITB-

I got the Jailbird mini and put a Super Stroke 3.0 tour grip on it and absolutely Love it whether it's just Mental Confidence or the Putter I'm definitely putting the best I can remember with it. Definitely not disappointed with the purchase. The Confidence I've gained on the greens is worth it to me.

Driver Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus Woods Paradymn 3 7 11 Irons Mizuno 923 Pro 5-PW Wedges Mizuno T-22 48 52 56 60 Odyssey Putter

2 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

No regrets!  But DB has some competition within the AI-ONE family.  The pro shop where I work just got a  jailbird mini demo putter. Its built on a plumbers neck.  This was super buttery on the green deck!

How many Ai-ONE putters will @Rob Person own???

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 minute ago, TJ Hall said:

How many Ai-ONE putters will @Rob Person own???

Just the one!  DB is in no jeopardy at all!

WITB-

5 minutes ago, Dcfrench3 said:

Been reading a lot of good things about these. Not sure if I'd want to get this putter or the Taylormade Spider X

I was gaming a Spider before this test and struggled with speed and starting line (had some good days but others where I felt lost).

The face of the Ai-ONE was softer which is what I prefer.

I recently tried the Spider again inside and quickly went back to the Ai-ONE.

IMG_4247.jpeg.13eaf3c691eda4cfc4bf462ccdaa1581.jpegIMG_4307.jpeg.dc0c12e9713a75f7a9b9527cc730725f.jpeg

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

17 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I was gaming a Spider before this test and struggled with speed and starting line (had some good days but others where I felt lost).

The face of the Ai-ONE was softer which is what I prefer.

I recently tried the Spider again inside and quickly went back to the Ai-ONE.

IMG_4247.jpeg.13eaf3c691eda4cfc4bf462ccdaa1581.jpegIMG_4307.jpeg.dc0c12e9713a75f7a9b9527cc730725f.jpeg

I’ve been using a putter that I made that is very similar in shape to the AI . I love the feel of it, and it works well for me .

IMG_0527.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg

Terry Bonilla

2 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

I agree 100%

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com