Totally Not An Official Review on the Cobra 3D Supernova Putter

Wheelieb

47 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The question is,  what makes the new putter better?   do you aim it better?  Do you start the ball where aimed?  What does it do to improve your touch?   How is is more that just a piece of metal on the end of a stick?

Well considering the 3D printed putter isn’t fully metal and most of the weight are the tungsten weights used I could say that it’s not fully metal to begin with. Which means it’s not technically a piece of metal at the end of a stick. The Sik face is meant to allow a more consistent roll of putts, I can’t say after using it for a while that it was the case. That may have been me, but it may not have been since my odyssey rolled more consistent. The ping also felt heavier, which admittedly may be swing weight related. The problem between the two is, a heavy putter makes me feel more confident. Whether that was due to swing weight or just weight in general, I’m not scientific enough to decent either way. I will also say on the putts that were 10’ I didn’t have the huge misses I did with the cobra nor come up short more times than I could count. And the longer putts I had a better proximity to the hole than the cobra, thus having a high likely chance of not 3 putting on the course. We could argue that maybe with the singular line on the ping vs the technically 3 lines on the cobra, it’s simpler. And simplistic is what I like. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

14 hours ago, Wheelieb said:

Well considering the 3D printed putter isn’t fully metal and most of the weight are the tungsten weights used I could say that it’s not fully metal to begin with. Which means it’s not technically a piece of metal at the end of a stick. The Sik face is meant to allow a more consistent roll of putts, I can’t say after using it for a while that it was the case. That may have been me, but it may not have been since my odyssey rolled more consistent. The ping also felt heavier, which admittedly may be swing weight related. The problem between the two is, a heavy putter makes me feel more confident. Whether that was due to swing weight or just weight in general, I’m not scientific enough to decent either way. I will also say on the putts that were 10’ I didn’t have the huge misses I did with the cobra nor come up short more times than I could count. And the longer putts I had a better proximity to the hole than the cobra, thus having a high likely chance of not 3 putting on the course. We could argue that maybe with the singular line on the ping vs the technically 3 lines on the cobra, it’s simpler. And simplistic is what I like. 

You took the comment about metal on the end of a stick too literally; the intent of the comment was to convey that the putter really has very little to do with your stroke and that is just attaches to the end of the shaft.   Your body, hands, and brain are what control how the club is delivered, how it is aimed, and how far the ball rolls.  Finding the right putter can help fine tune some of the skills,  but you should be able to adapt to any putter;  just like an ill fitting full swing club. 

Sounds like the simple answer to my questions were that you couldn't aim, start the ball online, or have a consistent rhythm to have good touch with the Cobra.  Basically the Ping appears to have helped with the human skills associated with putting.  

Will be interesting to hear your on course results.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 1 month later...

While a little late to this party, I just found it. I will say I notice you have a slant neck. I use a single bend. I can't keep a slant neck online with anything I've tried.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

WITB... Callaway Epic Flash driver and 3 wood. 

Ben Hogan 3,4 hybrid. One swing one length irons, 5 -9. Cleveland CBX 50, 54, 58.

Cobra King Supernova with Bettinardi Lamkin Midsize Deep Etch 15" grip.